Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735199 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17470 on: February 19, 2022, 09:30:58 pm »
Aren't they usually sold as a pair, box spring and mattress?  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17471 on: February 22, 2022, 04:24:43 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Relaxed a bit on Saturday, did laundry and celebrated Chris' birthday and mom and dad's wedding anniversary on Sunday, and then slept in Monday, and ordered the new bed!  ;D

I got a Beautyrest, and the head or feet can be raised.  Got a thick, firm mattress, and a new headboard, and it's set to be delivered on March 12th.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17472 on: February 22, 2022, 04:25:42 pm »
Aren't they usually sold as a pair, box spring and mattress?  ???

generally, yes, but you can buy them separately.  Because this bed can raise the head or feet, there is no box spring.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17473 on: February 22, 2022, 04:52:23 pm »
But you're already good looking, you don't need no beautyrest!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17474 on: February 22, 2022, 11:50:21 pm »
You're so cute when you lie!  ;)  :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #17475 on: February 23, 2022, 04:41:22 pm »
You're so cute when you lie!  ;)  :laugh:

No lie!  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17476 on: February 26, 2022, 05:12:20 pm »

This week felt like it was soooo long, but it was only 4 work days!

We had some winter weather on Friday morning.  It seemed to start as snow during the night, and then changed over to freezing rain.   Had to get out and scrape the ice off the car. 

My new headboard arrived on Friday, and was waiting for me inside the building entrance when I got home.  It was easy enough to carry up the stairs.

Mom has guests coming over on Sunday, so no lunch visit or laundry for me that day.  I did my clothes when I worked on Friday, and the only thing I needed to do this weekend was get the groceries, which I did 3 hours ago, so now all obligations are done for me, and I can relax.

I'm avoiding wallowing in the news.   I'm aware of what is going on, but if I keep watching/listening, I'll get depressed, so I'm limiting my exposure to it.  I know what's going on, and sending prayers and love to the Ukrainian people.

I took out my St. Patrick's Day stuff out, but I haven't put it up yet.  I'll wait until March actually gets here for that.

What's everyone else up to?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17477 on: March 06, 2022, 02:26:45 am »

What's shakin' everyone?

I ordered a bunch of stuff online for a bedroom makeover.  Since the new bed arrives on Saturday (12th), I figured I may as well get the whole room redone.

::)

I ordered a "bed in a bag" which contains 2 new sets of sheets, a comforter, a decorative pillow, and two shams.  I also ordered some new curtains to match the new stuff.

I also decided that I'm going to rearrange the room, moving all the cels to another wall, and changing where the bed is positioned.  It's going to be a bit of work.

To try and give you an idea, if you stand in the door of my bedroom, to your left is a small dresser, almost butted up against the bed, and then the closet, with only about a foot of free space between the bed and the closet.  The far wall you would be facing has two windows, and my dressers, and the wall on your immediate right has all the animation cels hanging on it.

what I think would be better would be to move the headboard of the bed against the wall where the cels are, so when you look into the room, you are facing the side of the bed.  All the cels would be moved to the wall where the headboard would be, if I had one.

Also, I'm going to have to spend Friday night moving furniture.   The delivery guys will be bringing my new bed up and installing it, and then removing the old mattress and box spring, so I'll want to make a clear path for them to bring the stuff up.   So I'll be spending my Saturday moving furniture back into place, and rehanging the cels.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17478 on: March 06, 2022, 09:43:26 pm »
That's exciting! I was kind of forced into a bedroom makeover last fall.  My bedroom got flooded so I had to remove most of the furniture to peel back the carpet and set up big fans and a dehumidifier. All turned out well...it was like a major carpet cleaning job. When it came time to put the furniture back in, I decided to put my bed in a different place so I would have room for a sewing table in the corner. It was actually so fun to rearrange things and I enjoy my bedroom much more.

Before, stuff was piled here and there with no thought put into it. Now, I've made an effort to remove extraneous stuff so I can enjoy a calm organized environment for sleeping. I thought it would be a lot of work to remove the various parts of the bed, but if you use leverage and can slide on a carpet, it's not difficult.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17479 on: March 07, 2022, 01:47:30 pm »
There's tons of feng shui advice about bedroom arrangement online if that's of any interest.

Personally, my highest priority is having the head of the bed closest to an open-able window. Not that it would be open right now, but I tend to keep it at least cracked April through September at least.

The bedroom issue I wish I could solve is, what to do with clothes I've worn just once or briefly, so they're too clean for the washing machine but too dirty (in the sense that they've been worn) for the closet? I have a chair in my room and these items end up on it. I try to keep them neat at first but they get messy. Anyone have a good solution for this?