Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8735669 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17480 on: March 07, 2022, 04:07:25 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy Monday!  Not!

So, today was a busy day!   I started with a dentist appointment at 10:00.  I was dealing with the toot I had extracted, today I got fitted for the bridge.  Mouth is throbbing slightly, but otherwise, no major pain.

After that, I had to get to the post office, and then get some other chores done. 

Came back home for a quick lunch (some Ramen noodles - they're soft LOL) and then off to H & R Block to get the taxes done.   This became part of "the Lord giveth & the Lord taketh away".  I got a refund, which I earmarked to use for my yearly car insurance.  Got home, and by chance, the new insurance bill was waiting in the mailbox.

::)

Now I'm relaxing and catching up around the 'net.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17481 on: March 07, 2022, 04:12:34 pm »
That's exciting! I was kind of forced into a bedroom makeover last fall.  My bedroom got flooded so I had to remove most of the furniture to peel back the carpet and set up big fans and a dehumidifier. All turned out well...it was like a major carpet cleaning job. When it came time to put the furniture back in, I decided to put my bed in a different place so I would have room for a sewing table in the corner. It was actually so fun to rearrange things and I enjoy my bedroom much more.

Before, stuff was piled here and there with no thought put into it. Now, I've made an effort to remove extraneous stuff so I can enjoy a calm organized environment for sleeping. I thought it would be a lot of work to remove the various parts of the bed, but if you use leverage and can slide on a carpet, it's not difficult.

There's tons of feng shui advice about bedroom arrangement online if that's of any interest.

Personally, my highest priority is having the head of the bed closest to an open-able window. Not that it would be open right now, but I tend to keep it at least cracked April through September at least.

The bedroom issue I wish I could solve is, what to do with clothes I've worn just once or briefly, so they're too clean for the washing machine but too dirty (in the sense that they've been worn) for the closet? I have a chair in my room and these items end up on it. I try to keep them neat at first but they get messy. Anyone have a good solution for this?

Oh, a flood in the bedroom, that must've been awful.   I would not be a happy camper if I had to deal with that.

Not worried about feng shui for the room, but I will NOT have my bed near the window.   Insects are attracted to light, and if any of those hornets/yellow jackets manage to get them, I don't want them to be buzzing around my head.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17482 on: March 07, 2022, 05:28:50 pm »
Not worried about feng shui for the room, but I will NOT have my bed near the window.   Insects are attracted to light, and if any of those hornets/yellow jackets manage to get them, I don't want them to be buzzing around my head.

Don't you have screens? Or is that just a thing in Minnesota, where mosquitoes are practically the state bird?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17483 on: March 07, 2022, 05:43:28 pm »
The bedroom issue I wish I could solve is, what to do with clothes I've worn just once or briefly, so they're too clean for the washing machine but too dirty (in the sense that they've been worn) for the closet? I have a chair in my room and these items end up on it. I try to keep them neat at first but they get messy. Anyone have a good solution for this?

I have some hooks that go over the closet door where I hang clothes that are "in transition" like that. My kids don't hang clothes in a closet in their houses. They have racks to hang clothes on. They say closets take up too much room.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17484 on: March 07, 2022, 06:47:28 pm »

I have a system. When I launder shirts, I hang the clean ones in the closet with the collars buttoned. I have an area on the clothes rod that's separated off by some heavy plastic hangers. Once I've worn a shirt, it goes back on its hanger, placed between the big plastic hangers with the collar unbuttoned. I'll wear it a few times, then leave it hanging until the next time I have enough shirts for a laundry load of them.

Trousers have their own clothes bar on the other side of the closet. When I've decided that I've worn a pair long enough that they should be laundered, I turn them inside out. I have a very small washing machine and dryer, so 2-3 pairs of trousers make a wash load.

I have two small wash baskets that sit on the floor underneath the shirts. One is for "whites," like tee shirts and handkerchiefs, and the other is for "darks," like dark tee shirts, dark socks, and so forth. When each basket is full, I launder its contents.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17485 on: March 08, 2022, 04:00:29 pm »
Don't you have screens? Or is that just a thing in Minnesota, where mosquitoes are practically the state bird?

I need to clarify.

The one drawback to the building I live in that apparently, hornets are able to find their way into the attic space through the eaves or soffit.  They will make a nest.   The units have central air, so the vents for the units (hidden behind louver doors) go into the attic space. 

The hornets, flying around, will fly through the holes made for the vents, into the space where the AC unit is, and crawl through the louvers into my apartment.

If this happens at night, they stay in the dark with me, however, once daylight comes, they fly to the nearest window trying to get out.  Usually it's a living room window, but once or twice, it's been the bedroom window, and I don't want then buzzing around my head.

I have gone out and purchased screens, and put them over the doors, on the side facing the AC unit, and put packing tape around the gaps in the door, and a rolled up cloth at the bottom of the door.  This seems to keep them at bay.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17486 on: March 09, 2022, 12:18:16 am »
I need to clarify.

The one drawback to the building I live in that apparently, hornets are able to find their way into the attic space through the eaves or soffit.  They will make a nest.   The units have central air, so the vents for the units (hidden behind louver doors) go into the attic space. 

The hornets, flying around, will fly through the holes made for the vents, into the space where the AC unit is, and crawl through the louvers into my apartment.

If this happens at night, they stay in the dark with me, however, once daylight comes, they fly to the nearest window trying to get out.  Usually it's a living room window, but once or twice, it's been the bedroom window, and I don't want then buzzing around my head.

I have gone out and purchased screens, and put them over the doors, on the side facing the AC unit, and put packing tape around the gaps in the door, and a rolled up cloth at the bottom of the door.  This seems to keep them at bay.

:o

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17487 on: March 16, 2022, 10:27:57 pm »

Happy Hump Day!

;D

Hope everyone is doing well!

The new bed arrived over the weekend, very comfy, but it's taking some getting used to.   :laugh:

It's higher than my original bed, and the mattress is much thicker, but I'm getting used to it, and sleeping well.

I also took down all the cels on my wall, to rearrange them into a different pattern.  I was also able to find 3 frames that will better fit three of the panoramic shots that I have.  The frames are about 6 inches too long, and 2 inches too wide, so they are using up excess space on the wall, so that will help tighten it up.

One of the women I work for at the bank resigned, and Friday was her last day.  She was easy to get along with, and we made each other laugh, so it was a good working relationship.  I will miss her.

Tuesday of next week I'll be back at the dentist's office, getting the permanent bridge placed in my mouth.   

Been hearing stories about delays for tax refunds, not in my case.  I filed on March 7th, and the refund posted to my account this week.  ;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17488 on: March 19, 2022, 10:41:06 pm »

Greetings on this stormy Saturday night!

Today I finished the bedroom.   The curtains I ordered arrived, I was able to go out today and get the new curtain rod I needed.  I also got the new 3M Command strips, so I could re-hang the cels, and the three new frames I ordered for the panoramic ones came on Friday.

This was the original bed, over 10 years old.   Not sure how old the comforter and pillows were.  No headboard.

Note how close it is to the closet.  I was able to open the doors, but I couldn't fit a vacuum down there easily to clean.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17489 on: March 19, 2022, 10:42:09 pm »
New bed with headboard, and new bedding.

this bed is narrower.  I tend to sleep in the fetal position, and don't splay my arms and legs out, so this bed works for me.

Mattress is much thicker, and I can now easily open the closet doors, and get the vacuum up the side of the bed to clean.