Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629934 times)

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
Re: Heath Ledger dead - grieving thread
« Reply #200 on: January 22, 2008, 10:56:47 pm »
I don't know where to begin or what to say.
So I'll just do the best I can.
To me Heath ledger will forever br Ennis DelMar. I said this the other day when there was mention of him playing GWB. I don't care where he is or what he is playing he will always be my Ennis. He is the reason me got here.
I saw Brokeback Mountain April 10th 2007. My life has been forever changed. I so strongly identified with
Ennis Del Mar at that time. had it not been for Heaths exceptional acting ability, the movie, the character may not have had the impact on me that it did. He showed me what my life would be like if I didn't make the changes. He showed me that we only get one shot and it shouldn't be filled with regret. Yes, Ennis Del Mar never existed other than on the screen but he existed because Heath Brought him to life. I will forever love him for that.
I have never cried when an actor died. Well maybe when John Wayne died but I was only 9yrs old.
He made an impact on my life! I will forever be grateful, I will forever love him for that.
God rest your soul sweet man! I hope you find peace and comfort in the next life.
Thank you for all you have given to me through your gift.
I love you.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #201 on: January 22, 2008, 11:06:24 pm »
Heath is the lead story on Anderson Cooper tongight on CNN. I just can't bear to watch, but I cannot not watch either.  This is still so unreal and terrible and horrilbe and awful and unbearable.

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
« Reply #202 on: January 22, 2008, 11:12:49 pm »
Well, shit.

:'(
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #203 on: January 22, 2008, 11:15:18 pm »
(the chat is working fine for me now.)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #204 on: January 22, 2008, 11:16:06 pm »
OMG.  I've just heard a little while ago.

I feel all verklempt.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #205 on: January 22, 2008, 11:17:44 pm »
I can't think right now, I've been in shock ever since I heard at 3 this afternoon.  It's so tragic, so senseless... I just don't have the words..... :'(
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #206 on: January 22, 2008, 11:18:53 pm »
I can't think right now, I've been in shock ever since I heard at 3 this afternoon.  It's so tragic, so senseless... I just don't have the words..... :'(
Hey Dottie!!
{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}  :-*
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #207 on: January 22, 2008, 11:19:13 pm »
I have so many thoughts and things I want to say, I have no idea where to begin or how to write 'em all down.  So I'm just going to ramble and probably not make sense:

I wonder if he was hoping for another nomination for his role in "I'm Not There" and then the nominations were announced today, and he wasn't nominated... :(

I'm hoping more folks will watch and discover Brokeback Mountain.  This is all new press for the story.

On the flip-side, I find it sad that the media is focusing in on BBM, because it was controversial.  The media hypes up and sensationalizes everything.  Heath was a great actor in other roles!  Stop singling out Brokeback Mountain for the sensationalism of it.  Give him props for the other roles he played so well.

I'm enjoying reading the IMDB board for BBM tonight too.  

And yes, I'm going to watch the movie in a little bit.  I'm watching it to honor Heath Ledger for his fine performance.  He touched me with his performance and protrayed "my life" up there on the big screen.  This is how I will honor him tonight.  This is my way of grieving for him.

And to that, "Damn you Heath!"  >:(   I'm sorry things were so bad that it came to this.  Maybe if you woulda just waited for that massage you would have felt better afterwards.  You were extremely talented and I loved ALL your movies you acted in.  I especially liked you as Jacob in The Brothers Grimm.  If you did this purposely, I can't say I respect that.  But putting myself in your shoes, I can understand the extreme amount of pressure you must have been under right at the moment.  Break up with Michelle.  Everyone ravin' about your performance in Batman.  But mostly only being remembered for Brokeback Mountain.  No Oscar nomination for I'm Not There.  I don't know what you were thinking or what pressure you were under really.  I'm just trying to put myself in your shoes.

To that, like others said, he might be iconic like James Dean now.  Now maybe more folks will seek out his films to watch and be more appreciative of his roles and acting abilites.  Maybe more folks will seek out Brokeback Mountain, and apprieciate it more now than before.  I hate that it's a two-edged sword.  You didn't need to die.  :'(

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #208 on: January 22, 2008, 11:20:59 pm »
OMG.  I've just heard a little while ago.

I feel all verklempt.

I'm just so damn mad at the stupid senselessness of his dying so young that I would like to hit somebody.  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #209 on: January 22, 2008, 11:22:32 pm »
I'm just so damn mad at the stupid senselessness of his dying so young that I would like to hit somebody.  >:(

Makes me so damn mad I want to whip babies!  >:(