Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629928 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #420 on: January 24, 2008, 11:25:19 am »
So we're now hearing that the rolled-up twenty-dollar bill tested negative for illegal drugs

I haven't heard about a rolled up twenty dollar bill at all  ???
Is this information from a halfways reliable source, or one of the all too many gossips circulating now? As far as your knowledge goes, of course.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #421 on: January 24, 2008, 11:28:07 am »
Jeff, maybe I don't understand your post, but I think the toxicology report will speak for itself.  If there were any drugs in his system, they will turn up in the report.  There'll be no sugar-coating that fact if they are present.  

As to whether the scene was "cleaned up" before the paramedics arrived is anybody's guess.

It's an unfortunate situation any way you look at it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 08:21:53 pm by Fran »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #422 on: January 24, 2008, 11:29:54 am »

I haven't heard about a rolled up twenty dollar bill at all  ???
Is this information from a halfways reliable source, or one of the all too many gossips circulating now? As far as your knowledge goes, of course.

I just posted an article from the New York Times (reputable source) that has information on many of these details, as well as times of various events. It's over on the news account thread.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #423 on: January 24, 2008, 11:32:48 am »
I'm not upset or offended, Jeff, and I'm very sorry about your friend. But I'll have to say I don't agree.

I just don't think the forensic experts or whoever does those tests and/or announces the results to the public would take the risk involved in creating a fake report. With all the press attention to this, the truth probably would come out eventually, and their jobs and reputations are at stake. Even if they cared about protecting Heath's family, I just don't think they'd go that far out on a limb to do it. Besides, I imagine Heath probably HAS used drugs (even heroin, if you believe those ubiquitous mysterious "sources"), so although none of us want to think drugs were involved in his death it wouldn't be a huge shock or blow to his reputation if they were.

If ... I don't know ... George W. Bush were found dead (god forbid -- seriously) and they discovered evidence of drugs, THEN I'd think they might attempt a coverup. But for Heath Ledger? No way.

Course, I believe Lureen, too.  ;)

As to whether the scene was "cleaned up" before the paramedics arrived is anybody's guess.

True. But if they'd cleaned off the $20 bill, they would have unrolled it.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #424 on: January 24, 2008, 11:38:58 am »
I just posted an article from the New York Times (reputable source) that has information on many of these details, as well as times of various events. It's over on the news account thread.

L

Thank you Leslie, I just read it.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #425 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:18 am »
I'm not upset or offended, Jeff, and I'm very sorry about your friend. But I'll have to say I don't agree.

I just don't think the forensic experts or whoever does those tests and/or announces the results to the public would take the risk involved in creating a fake report.

I don't think they'd create a fake report. I just think they'd lie to the public about the contents of the report.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

moremojo

« Reply #426 on: January 24, 2008, 11:42:47 am »
Heath's alleged substance abuse, which may or may not have contributed to his death, need not change the way any of us feel about him. I don't think the choice of using and abusing illicit drugs, and the addiction that often results from such a choice, in and of itself makes someone a "bad" person.

I also feel that this case is too high-profile to allow an extended and deliberate cover-up of the truth, assuming that the truth involves drugs, illegal or otherwise

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #427 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:09 am »
I don't think they'd create a fake report. I just think they'd lie to the public about the contents of the report.

The report is public information, part of the police file. Anyone can look at it. So if they were going to lie, they'd have to back it up with a fake.

I don't think the choice of using and abusing illicit drugs, and the addiction that often results from such a choice, in and of itself makes someone a "bad" person.

I completely agree.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #428 on: January 24, 2008, 11:45:33 am »
..., but I think the toxocology report will speak for itself.  If there were any drugs in his system, they will turn up in the report.  There'll be no sugar-coating that fact if they are present.  

I agree with Fran and Katherine here. I don't think they would be able to keep things covered for long, therefore they won't try.

Quote from: Fran on Today at 04:28:07 PM

True. But if they'd cleaned off the $20 bill, they would have unrolled it.

Good logical thinking.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #429 on: January 24, 2008, 11:54:38 am »
The report is public information, part of the police file. Anyone can look at it. So if they were going to lie, they'd have to back it up with a fake.

Maybe, maybe not.

The files are public records, but in Pennsylvania anyway, they're not that easy to get ahold of. I can't speak for New York, but, here again, I speak from the experience of my friend's death. It's not impossible, but I doubt that Intrepid Reporter Ineedcrayons  ;) could just walk in off the street and be granted immediate access to the files.

Illegal substances or not, my opinion of Heath does not change, nor my sadness at his death.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.