Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629995 times)

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #480 on: January 24, 2008, 08:00:32 pm »
O Me!  O Life!

O me!  O life!  Of the questions of these recurring.
Of the endless trains of the faithless, of cities fill’d with the foolish,
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light, of the objects mean, of the struggle ever renew’d,
Of the poor results of all, of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me,
Of the empty and useless years of the rest, with the rest me intertwined,
The question, O me! so sad, recurring – What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer

That you are here, that life exists and identity,
That the powerful play goes on, and you may contribute a verse. 

-- Walt Whitman

That was quite a verse Heath contributed.  What will our verse be?

thank you gary, for that.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 24, 2008, 09:37:39 pm »
In SoHo, Heath Ledger was scruffy loner
BY MEHRNOOSH TORBATNEJAD and CORKY SIEMASZKO
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

Thursday, January 24th 2008, 2:16 AM

To most of the world, Heath Ledger was an A-list Hollywood star, but in SoHo he was a scruffy specter who wandered the cobblestone streets mostly alone.

"I didn't know he was an actor," said Camile Angelo, the host at the Grotta Azzurra Ristorante at Mulberry and Broome Sts., where Ledger often ate breakfast. "He was always the first customer. He was always here alone."

Ledger moved to a SoHo loft from Boerum Hill, Brooklyn, last year after splitting with girlfriend Michelle Williams and quickly became linked to a slew of starlets and models.

But when Angelo saw the "Brokeback Mountain" star last Thursday, the actor had only his cell phone and iPod for company.

"I told him to stop text messaging because his steak and eggs were getting cold," Angelo said. "He smiled."

Liz Bullis, sales manager of Gourmet Garage on Broome St., said she sometimes saw Ledger with his 2-year-old daughter, Matilda. He usually wore ragged jeans, an old jacket, brown boots and a stubbly chin, but when she spotted Ledger buying organic sausages and bagging his own groceries Monday, he'd cleaned up his act a bit.

"He's usually very scruffy, but he was clean shaven," Bullis said.

The Miro Cafe on Broadway was another Ledger haunt. Once again, the unfailingly polite young man gave no inkling he was somebody special.

"We were surprised, we never knew he was an actor," manager Max Barrsi said. "He was practically here all the time for coffee . . . always very nice with us."

At the Spring Street Natural Restaurant, a bartender who asked not to be identified said Ledger often came by in the evening for a drink, which he nursed at a table in the back. He didn't stand out in the crowd.

"We have a lot of celebrities here," he said.

God help me. I've just lost it again. I can't take much more of this. Is it just me? Am I reading more into this than I should, or had Heath turned into Ennis? The polite, shuffling, scruffy, solitary, lonely figure, nursing his drink, all alone, at a table in the back. I'm not coping with this. This is too sad for me to comprehend.  :'(   :'(   :'(
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #482 on: January 24, 2008, 09:42:18 pm »
He may have liked the area because -- not so many camera guys to contend with.

What about this:

But when Angelo saw the "Brokeback Mountain" star last Thursday, the actor had only his cell phone and iPod for company.

I read that he just got in from London on Sunday -- so how could they have seen him last Thursday?
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline BelAir

« Reply #483 on: January 24, 2008, 09:43:21 pm »
don't just focus on one thing.

think about what Christopher Plummer said. 

I'm sure there was some Ennis in Heath, but I'm sure there was also some Jack in Heath, and some Casanova, and millions and millions of other separate and unique pieces that made him whole.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 24, 2008, 09:55:29 pm »
don't just focus on one thing.

think about what Christopher Plummer said. 

I'm sure there was some Ennis in Heath, but I'm sure there was also some Jack in Heath, and some Casanova, and millions and millions of other separate and unique pieces that made him whole.

The logical part of my brain has deserted me right now. I can't stop crying at this sad, desolate image of Heath, all alone amidst one of the world's most populous cities.   :'(

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline BelAir

« Reply #485 on: January 24, 2008, 10:03:11 pm »
The logical part of my brain has deserted me right now. I can't stop crying at this sad, desolate image of Heath, all alone amidst one of the world's most populous cities.   :'(

it's okay to cry and let it all out. 

i think, eventually, maybe, you will be able to feel that Heath wasn't always as alone as how you are feeling now.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #486 on: January 24, 2008, 10:09:05 pm »

But remember, other reports have him enjoying a lively nightlife, dating supermodels and the like. OK, so that's maybe not the ideal happy life either, but it's a far cry from shuffling and desolate with only electronic gadgets for company.

Plus, it seems he spent a lot of time with his daughter.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 24, 2008, 10:23:03 pm »

I've decided that I will be sending flowers to the funeral via Interflora, wherever it's held. It gives me some small comfort. I'm guessing it'll be in Perth? Does anyone have any news of the funeral arrangements? I read that Heath's mother had traveled to NY, to accompany him home. 
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #488 on: January 24, 2008, 10:24:43 pm »
I've seen a lot of reports here Kerry, that it could be held in the chapel of his old school.....Guildford Grammar...in Perth.......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 24, 2008, 10:30:43 pm »
I've seen a lot of reports here Kerry, that it could be held in the chapel of his old school.....Guildford Grammar...in Perth.......

Thank you, Sue.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν