Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 629903 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2008, 10:45:13 pm »
I'm trying to rearrange my thinking on some of the most anger inducing actions of people in this horrible event:

The ambulance guys - I was absolutely floored when I saw them rush the gurney off the curb and watched Heath's poor head bounce up and down.  I was angry at the masseuse.  I bitterly complained to my sister, who has also been following the stories and she - of all people - helped me with a different POV:

The rough treatment by the ambulance guys?  "You saw all the cameras flashing, they were probably trying to rush him to the ambulance to keep those buzzard paparazzi guys from taking all these morbid pictures."

The masseuse?  "Well, Heath hired her.  Maybe because she wasn't licensed or trained in CPR she had cheaper rates.  Plus according to her, he was already cold when she finally touched him.  No CPR in the world was going to save him by then."

I know the stages of grief, and anger is one of them, but like most accidental deaths, there is really no one and nothing to be angry at - except the Fates, the gods - who maybe loved him much more than we - and of course, insensitive photogs and blathering media personalities, but they had nothing to do with - I almost wrote 'Ennis' - Heath's death.  You just feel so helpless.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2008, 10:47:03 pm »
i put this on another thread and apparently it works for you in america.....to get the Australian news homepage on Yahoo......use he link.....www.yahoo.com.au...(add the "au") at the end......there is a whole segment of news items there on Heath...
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2008, 11:11:16 pm »
Does anybody else here keep having the experience of going, "WHAT?  HEATH LEDGER WHAT?" practically every single time you see the horrible words?  I have found out the terrible news over and over again, each time new.  Can anyone else understand what I mean?

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2008, 11:25:24 pm »
Does anybody else here keep having the experience of going, "WHAT?  HEATH LEDGER WHAT?" practically every single time you see the horrible words?  I have found out the terrible news over and over again, each time new.  Can anyone else understand what I mean?

Absolutely Clarissa - my brain still cannot process 'Heath' and 'dead' in the same sentence. My mind keeps replaying the moment Mike told me about Heath's death right after I got home from work on Tuesday evening. He assumed I knew about it. My mind replays his question, 'you heard Heath Ledger died, right?'. I must have repeated it half a dozen times aloud, along with, "he's what?", but it still didn't sink in. It still does not. So yes, I know exactly what you mean. Total and utter disbelief. My brain won't accept, and neither will my heart.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #574 on: January 25, 2008, 11:51:35 pm »

I feel the same way.  Thanks for taking the word "dead" out of the original thread title.  It helps.  I'd edit out the word in the News thread, too, but it's Phillip's and I'd feel presumptuous.   :(

This still does not compute, not at all.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #575 on: January 26, 2008, 12:02:04 am »
I so know what you mean.
It's so surreal.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #576 on: January 26, 2008, 12:19:08 am »
I can't comprehend the two words together either....it just still seems like it can't be true. When I saw it, it was just like I at first ignored it, almost like it was just something that was being said, but wasn't true. And then I keep feeling this urge to withdraw, cause it just seems like sometimes it has all ended, but I keep saying I have to go on and remember what he gave us, what we have to remember, and that in a very extremely sad way that this is another chapter in the life that the movie and Heath gave us. In some ways it is almost like we have been given another sad tragedy to work ourselves through, to try to figure out, to try and understand somehow. It just seems so ironical that after all these feelings Brokeback Mountain gave us over a tragedy that should have not happened in the movie that we now have to face it in real life. And then to think on top of that we lost Jack (Jake) in the movie and now we loose Heath (Ennis) in real life. Somehow it just seems too surreal. And what makes it even worse is that I don't feel that Heath was happy in his life and then I think about how Ennis was unhappy in his life. It really is a lot to handle.

Offline tiveronicax2

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #577 on: January 26, 2008, 12:22:26 am »
there is an emptiness inside me since I heard the news and HBO showed Brokeback early this AM -and I realized you never know what life has in store for you, how ironic to see Ennis mourn his lost love, never knowing the  thousands who would shortly quietly say, Heath....I swear....

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #578 on: January 26, 2008, 12:31:30 am »
there is an emptiness inside me since I heard the news and HBO showed Brokeback early this AM -and I realized you never know what life has in store for you, how ironic to see Ennis mourn his lost love, never knowing the  thousands who would shortly quietly say, Heath....I swear....

You sure cannot speak truer words........who would have ever thought that we would all be saying Heath.......I swear.......

Believe me, it would be so hard for me to watch that movie right now........

I just never thought anything like this would happen..........

Offline RedAzaelia

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #579 on: January 26, 2008, 01:01:32 am »
I just never thought anything like this would happen..........

Same here. I can't believe it.

I really regret not connecting to this community sooner, since you all seem like such nice people. It's such a downer that it's through this tragedy that I finally find this place.

I feel really numb right now. I wish I could watch the movie, but I don't think I'd be able to make it all the way through...or even past the first 15 minutes. It might help me get the good cry I've been wanting, but unable to manage...but it hurts too much to even think about it.

Heath...

Heath...I swear...

:'(