Author Topic: Heath Ledger Tributes and Obituaries...  (Read 377354 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Heath Ledger Tributes and Obituaries...
« Reply #40 on: January 25, 2008, 01:22:09 pm »
Industry Reacts to Heath Ledger's Death

Warner Bros., Focus react to tragedy

By Diane Garrett
Variety

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=294053
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #41 on: January 25, 2008, 01:29:58 pm »

Tributes

Heath Ledger's Family Pours Out Grief

By Mike Fleeman

Originally posted Thursday January 24, 2008 09:30 PM EST

Heath Ledger's family members bared their grief in an Australian newspaper, writing of the heart-wrenching loss of the Hollywood actor – who to them was always a brother or a son.

In one of several messages in the death notices section of the West Australian on Friday, his mother Sally wrote:

Our darling boy, special in so many ways to all of us. You knew you were so loved. You lived life with courage and daring and we are so grateful for the wonderful times we shared. We will be there for Matilda.

His older sister Kate, who called her brother by the pet name "Roast," wrote:

I can hardly breathe when I try to write this. We were the ultimate in soul mates. I feel both my heart and life have been torn apart. I loved our special talks, our daily chats from where ever you were in the world.

I especially loved all the precious time we spent together. We were so fortunate to have you as long as we did. You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

There will never, ever be another "Heath" and I think that in itself is the greatest tragedy.

I will continue to talk with you everyday and love you just as if you were here. You will never leave my thoughts "Roast", ever.

A Message from His Father

His father Kim, who called his son by the nicknames "Heatho" and "Beef," writes:

My beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent, so caring, so young . . . no more chess games mate . . . this is it, couldn't beat you anyway!

My body aches for the sound of your voice, our chats, our laughs and our life and times together.

Your truly varied artistic skills, insatiable desire to improve and eclectic abilities set you apart from any other person on the planet . . . it had only just started for you ... and for us to further enjoy. We were one, in soul and commitment. Just . . . Father and Son. I will love you forever, Dad.

His Entire Family Writes

And a note signed by his entire family read:

How do we describe our sudden and tragic loss? ... You were the most amazing individual "old soul" in a young man's body.

You so loved us, as we dearly loved you. As a close knit and very private family unit we have observed you so determined yet quietly travelling in your self-styled path in life, nothing would get in your way ... no mountain too tall, no river too wide.

You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment. We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all, we have loved each other beyond imagination.

Your true legacy lives on in beautiful little Matilda, who will always remain in the greatest of care. Our hearts are broken.

Reading this breaks your heart doesn,t it.  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2008, 02:40:26 pm »
I found this over on the Davecullen site:

this was posted on the BBM Yahoo Group:

Send Private On Line Condolances to the family of Heath Ledger Here:

http://www.frankecampbell.com/condolences.asp

And Sign The Public On Line Guest Book Here:

Frank E. Campbell The Funeral Chapel
1076 Madison Avenue at 81st Street
New York, NY 10028
Telephone: 212 288 3500       Toll Free: 800 423 5928

I posted a private condolence there:

To the parents of Heath Ledger: My heart goes out to you in your loss of your son. You had the pleasure to have known him, but those of us who loved him in his films have the pleasure of having enjoyed his work which will live on.  May he rest in peace.

Louise van Hine
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 03:03:29 pm »
I found this over on the Davecullen site:

this was posted on the BBM Yahoo Group:

Send Private On Line Condolances to the family of Heath Ledger Here:

http://www.frankecampbell.com/condolences.asp

And Sign The Public On Line Guest Book Here:

Frank E. Campbell The Funeral Chapel
1076 Madison Avenue at 81st Street
New York, NY 10028
Telephone: 212 288 3500       Toll Free: 800 423 5928

I posted a private condolence there:

To the parents of Heath Ledger: My heart goes out to you in your loss of your son. You had the pleasure to have known him, but those of us who loved him in his films have the pleasure of having enjoyed his work which will live on.  May he rest in peace.

Louise van Hine

Thanks Louise!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 03:21:08 pm »

Just posted the following on the book of condolences:

To wherever spirits go, 
To whatever pastures lie in the mountains of Heaven,
The stars and the moon guide Heath Ledger.

Eternal joy, Dear Soul...

Your Ennis Del Mar gave courage to so many, freed so many hearts from fear.   

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 03:24:31 pm »
Beautiful words!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 03:26:44 pm »
I found this website, which says you can post condolences to the family:

POST your condolences to Heath Ledger's family here.

To express your sympathy for Heath Ledger's family, please post your condolences in the story comment section below.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23095560-5008620,00.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2008, 03:39:36 pm »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »
Thanks for the link, Louise.  I posted, too:  My deep condolences to all of Heath's family at this sad time.  By revealing his own heart, he taught us to know ours.  I will miss him very much.

:'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 04:37:41 pm »
http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/features/20080125-9999-1c25closeup2.html

FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH    DAVID L. CODDON
Heath Ledger deserved better goodbye

UNION-TRIBUNE
January 25, 2008

Ennis Del Mar was a man of few words, but powerful passions. It required an actor possessed of uncommon instinct and courage to bring to the screen the vulnerable and conflicted hero of Annie Proulx's short story, “Brokeback Mountain.”

Heath Ledger was that actor. Without emotional eruptions or cowboy clichés, he inhabited a character whose struggle with a profound love and loss – both beyond his comprehension – was unforgettable.

He died Tuesday at 28. Rarely has the announcement of the Academy Award nominations, made the same day, seemed so unimportant.

An internalizing actor whose film roles consistently defied the leading-man expectations assumed of him, Ledger chose to follow his conscience and his muse. Before “Brokeback,” for which he received an Oscar nomination in 2006, Ledger appeared in “Monster's Ball” and “Lords of Dogtown.” We saw him last year in Todd Haynes' out-there “I'm Not There.” For a movie star, he worked – and lived – about as quietly as did Ennis Del Mar.

How unfitting, then, that the hours following the discovery of Ledger's body in his New York apartment were consumed by a paparazzi-and Internet “media”-feeding frenzy. Among the worst offenders: TMZ.com, which boasts the stink of respectability because it has a TV show and because its managing editor, Harvey Levin, is a recurring talking head on “Today,” among other shows. The site may as well have changed its name to “All Heath All the Time,” updating viewers seemingly by the second with grainy photos and lurid tidbits like: “The People Who Found Heath,” “Jack (as in Nicholson) on Heath: I Warned Him!”, “How Heath's Body Was Discovered,” “Michelle Williams (Ledger's ex-fiance'e and the mother of their child) – Devastated,” and “Inside the Building Where Heath Died.”

There was more: Lindsey (as in Lohan) was distraught at Ledger's death. Ledger was not at the apartment of Mary-Kate Olsen. And photos, photos and more photos of Ledger's body being removed from the building.

TMZ was not alone in – I don't know any other way to say this – the fine art of ghoulish reporting. Culprits abounded – in both mainstream and tabloid coverage.

This isn't the first time we've seen this, and it won't be the last.

I just didn't expect Heath Ledger to be in the middle. Silly, naive me.

Sorry me, too. Sorry for a child named Matilda, now without a father. Sorry for those who read and watch and listen, who deserve better. Sorry for those whom I must accept, like it or not, are my colleagues in the media.

Sorry, most of all, for Heath Ledger, who deserved at least as much dignity as he gave Ennis Del Mar.