Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 137099 times)

injest

Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2009, 08:30:47 am »
As you can tell from the length of this thread Judge it all depends on your POV.  Perez's reaction to Miss CA isn't what caught my attention - since I usually ignore him anyway - her response is what caught my attention.  I don't feel one whit sorry for her, I don't believe Perez's response negated any credibility as a gay man - as has been pointed out several times in this thread, there are all kinds of gay people - we don't have to like the "type".  IMO Miss CA's response negated her credibility as someone who should be trying to be a Miss USA and negated her credibility as a decent human being. 

and you have stated your opinion now how many times? Do other people not have a right to theirs?

You can keep harping on this if you want to continue to waste your time, I am going to try to move on with my life, one woman's opinion and one gossip mongers overreaction just doesnt' rate this much attention from me. YOU can continue to promote her if you like...I am sure she (and her new friends) will be delighted....go ahead, DEL, give her a full hour or two of fame.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2009, 08:58:19 am »
I don't quite get the uproar regarding Perez Hilton. He is an entertainer, and he only has any type of "power" for as long as people are interested in what he´s saying. If people would stop reading his blogg, Perez Hilton would be no more. We get what we deserve in that respect. Consumer power, my friends.

Regarding Miss California; It really becomes blatantly clear how shallow pageants really are and how outer beauty means very little when the inside is ugly.

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2009, 09:06:22 am »
I don't quite get the uproar regarding Perez Hilton. He is an entertainer, and he only has any type of "power" for as long as people are interested in what he´s saying. If people would stop reading his block, Perez Hilton would be no more. We get what we deserve in that respect. Consumer power, my friends.

Oh I agree 100%. Hilton is just another side-show act. I have said the same thing about Coulter, Limbaugh, etc. These people are part of show biz, and their only purpose in life is to hang on to their viewers/listeners/readers. And just like with Coulter and Limbaugh, Hilton has people that follow him too. Some of those people are in his camp (pun intended), while others view him with disdain. To what extent does Hilton represent gays?? I don't know. To what extent do Coulter et al. represent conservatives or Republicans? Again, I don't know. But it is just as silly to measure sexual minorities against Perez Hilton as it is to measure conservatives against Coulter, yet there are plenty of people willing to do either or both.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2009, 12:26:18 pm »
well if you want to talk religion I think we would need to start a new thread.. but remember people are fallible. Just because someone claims to be a man of God doesnt mean he has all the answers. We were given brains to reason out things for ourselves.

My point was that I don't believe Ms. Prejean has ever bothered to reason out anything about gay marriage.  Her comments sound more like blind faith obedience.  I doubt that gay marriage plays any direct part in her life other than the public exposure she gets for speaking out against it.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #244 on: May 04, 2009, 12:59:28 pm »
Oh I agree 100%. Hilton is just another side-show act. I have said the same thing about Coulter, Limbaugh, etc. These people are part of show biz, and their only purpose in life is to hang on to their viewers/listeners/readers. And just like with Coulter and Limbaugh, Hilton has people that follow him too. Some of those people are in his camp (pun intended), while others view him with disdain. To what extent does Hilton represent gays?? I don't know. To what extent do Coulter et al. represent conservatives or Republicans? Again, I don't know. But it is just as silly to measure sexual minorities against Perez Hilton as it is to measure conservatives against Coulter, yet there are plenty of people willing to do either or both.

The problem with comparing Limbaugh & Coulter to Perez Hilton is that Perez Hilton is a gossip queen and doesn't claim to be anything else, as far as I know and his home base is the world of Hollywood and celebrities.  Limbaugh and Couter are known as political pundits, NOT entertainers.  Their books are not classified as humour or entertainment (inexplicably). For example, Coulter's latest datribe is classified under NON-FICTION[hahahaha!]/SOCIAL SCIENCE/POLITICAL SCIENCE/ POLITICAL DOCTRINES/CONSERVATIVES at Amazon.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #245 on: May 04, 2009, 03:08:22 pm »
"SOCIAL SCIENCE"?  Ann Coulter is ALLERGIC to all science!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline oilgun

« Reply #246 on: May 04, 2009, 03:12:44 pm »
"SOCIAL SCIENCE"?  Ann Coulter is ALLERGIC to all science!

I had a similar reaction when I saw it was under NONFICTION. Badoom Boom  :laugh:

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #247 on: May 04, 2009, 03:15:34 pm »
and you have stated your opinion now how many times? Do other people not have a right to theirs?

You can keep harping on this if you want to continue to waste your time, I am going to try to move on with my lifeone woman's opinion and one gossip mongers overreaction just doesnt' rate this much attention from me. YOU can continue to promote her if you like...I am sure she (and her new friends) will be delighted....go ahead, DEL, give her a full hour or two of fame.

OK.

But I have no intention of taking the blame for her opinion.  I'm sure she'll do fine, no thanks to me, because as you can tell, many people want to give her the benefit of the doubt.  If she doesn't do fine, well, she'll just be another one of those people who can dish it out, but can't take it.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #248 on: May 04, 2009, 04:17:34 pm »
Well, I don't know how to answer you Bill because I don't know any people who are part of a "PC correct crowd"

Del, I collect mirrors from the Art Deco period, some are basically intact, some needed resilvering, but all are now in great shiny shape.

I will be happy to lend you one of my mirrors, esp if it blends into your decor.  ;)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #249 on: May 04, 2009, 04:18:58 pm »
What I'd like to know is what gives HER and others like her the right to vote on something that affects me personally. They don't know me. They never will know me. Hell they probably don't even WANT to know me. And yet, for some reason these strangers think it is okay to take away refuse something to me that they all take for granted.

These people do not know me. How is my getting married to another man any threat to them whatsoever?

I'll tell you what. I'll start respecting their opinions about the "sanctity of marriage" when THEY stop getting all these divorces. How can they say things like this to us with a straight face when over 50 percent of them cannot manage their own marriages?

Sanctity of marriage my faggoty ASS! >:(

She may be entitled to HER opinion but I have a right to be upset by it.

her right to vote