Author Topic: Photo Captions - Irreverent! Beware  (Read 1235027 times)

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
Re: Photo Captions - Irreverent! Beware
« Reply #1120 on: December 03, 2006, 11:29:01 pm »
Preview of Coming Attractions (mural in the Riverton Postoffice, which has been there since 1942)
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #1121 on: December 06, 2006, 05:29:28 am »

The above photo, of JAKE AND HEATH, is of JAKE AND HEATH, not Jack and Ennis. They are dressed to act, but are not acting. The photo appears NOWHERE IN BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN.....

Hi there,

I thought so. Cheers,
N
"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline Noviani

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Best Love Story of All Time
« Reply #1122 on: December 06, 2006, 05:50:25 am »
nOVIANI:

"I felt sorry for myself bercause I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"...that's funny?

I never wrote or posted a picture cap about a "bear encounter," Dec. 2, or any other time.

"sTRANGE fRUIT" IS A FUNNY SONG?

"i wish the Jesus fuck i COULD JUST MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY"--That's funny? Oh well, maybe someday I will understand Jack and Ennis as well as Mark does...

"Maybe i don't want to quit you. Maybe I just wanna die."--Funny?

"To die will be an awfully big adventure"--"Peter and Wendy," J.M.  Barrie---funny?

Hi ,

i guess i am not expressing my thought properly. :(

the truth is i haven't seen the above caps yet.  i was working in the office ,couple of weeks back, when i joined Bettermost and had a short tour to some treads i found touching (i.e. this one).i just quited the job and access unternet from public services now.

as i did it in the office, i had limited time - so i just  clicked some pages randomly to know what it's like. Well, the pages i click from this tread happened to be the funny ones...You have 70+ pages my friend! and boss can stop in anytime...

same thing with JPw. maybe this is what my dad says, concluding without sufficient sampling...

please don't get me wrong, i'll be around cause i have about 80% unviewed pages yet from here... sincere apology for any inconvenience.

Cheers,

Novi

"Sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it..."

I finally found an Indonesian-translated version of BBM short story!!!!!
Ye-haww!!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1123 on: December 06, 2006, 11:13:21 am »
This pic didn't go over too well in a more serious thread, so I moved it here.    LOL

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1124 on: December 06, 2006, 11:20:39 am »
Jack: "Ennis, whatcha grinning about?"

Ennis: "I've got plans for you later boy!"

Edited:  Moved to this forum

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #1125 on: December 06, 2006, 01:21:36 pm »
Ennis: Ya know Jack, you sleep so still almost look like yer dead. Sure dont sound like it though.

Jack: What der yer sayin'....that maybe I snore?

Ennis: Snore?....Sound like a bulldozer comin' through these mountains....ten of 'em!

Jack: Sorry Ennis...I try not to....Sleep on my side....you can push me if I....

Ennis: No....Whut Ah miss most when Ah get back ta Riverton. Can hardly sleep at all without ya snorin' next ta me.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2006, 02:43:59 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1126 on: December 06, 2006, 02:38:34 pm »
David: that's Jake and heath, again, not Jack and Ennis..;.
Noviani: Thank GOD you answered--I was afraid I had scared everyone away from this thread permanently, and was about to take the long rant down!

He smiles a lot in this movie...glad of that. Movie opens in SF A WEEK FROM FRIDAY (Dec. 15)--not in Berkeley.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1127 on: December 06, 2006, 02:53:04 pm »
Toad, reading: Man without God is like a fish without a bicycle.
Frog: Don't know much about God, but I like thinking about the fish riding a bicycle.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 03:00:17 pm by twistedude »

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1128 on: December 06, 2006, 02:58:34 pm »
Mark: get photoshop. Here's your pic.sorry, it's a bit pale. This is the last night--maybe yours is a conversation before, though.

Nope--I lightened yours up (above post) and I guessed right. The second one--yours--I got a little better.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 03:10:19 pm by twistedude »

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #1129 on: December 06, 2006, 03:35:24 pm »
I will try and fix it. On my computer I can always clearly make out the darker shots, but when I view from other computers it is almost all black.
thanks Mark
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:49:18 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.