Author Topic: As women get bigger, models get smaller  (Read 79788 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: As women get bigger, models get smaller
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 01:30:32 pm »
But the $100 designer T-shirt can give the wearer that priceless feeling of superiority.   :laugh:

That feeling comes from the $1000 designer T-shirt.  And no different from those who feel superior when they brag about that luxury grand tour they took over in Europe, or wherever else.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 01:55:57 pm »
But the $100 designer T-shirt can give the wearer that priceless feeling of superiority.   :laugh:

I get that feeling when I brag about the $10 shirt I bought at Boscov's.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 10:07:30 pm »
Actually, I get that feeling when I wear a silk blouse that I found for $3.

And yes, "it absolutely is pronounced 'on-deeve'."

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2012, 10:24:07 pm »
We all find ways to brag about our response to consumer culture -- whether it's about how much we can afford, or what a great deal we got, or how we surround ourselves in luxury, or how frugal we are, or how little we care because we're above all of that. And yes, all of these perspectives are capable of bestowing priceless feelings of superiority.

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2012, 11:15:59 pm »
We all find ways to brag about our response to consumer culture -- whether it's about how much we can afford, or what a great deal we got, or how we surround ourselves in luxury, or how frugal we are, or how little we care because we're above all of that. And yes, all of these perspectives are capable of bestowing priceless feelings of superiority.

I enjoy the surge of accomplishment I feel when an individually-purchased interest gets picked up by a mutual fund.  I feel even better when one of my holdings splits.  Dividends are the best!!
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 07:17:20 am »
*  "To my son Jimmy I leave my business and its inventory, and my stocks and bonds. To my daughter Erica I leave my house and bank accounts.  And to my other daughter Bristol I leave all my handbags and underwear."

Which I would promptly sell on Ebay to perverts for big cash!   :laugh:

This conversation reminds me of a time one of my British friends came to NYC for a visit......I met him at his hotel room as he was getting ready to go out to dinner with me and some friends.  This was the conversation that took place:

Him:  So this outfit is ok?

Me:  Yeah, it's fine.

Him (grabs sunglasses):  Do you like these, Chucky?

Me:  Yeah, they're nice.

Him:  Prada......150.00 pounds.

Me:  Do you like these?  (puts on my sunglasses)

Him:  Yes, very stylish.

Me:  CVS.  $9.99.

:laugh:

I REFUSE to pay more than $15.00 for sunglasses.  I either lose them, or put them on the passenger seat of my car, and someone sits on them and breaks them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:52 am »
And in regards to the title of this thread, models are not the only ones getting smaller, as this image I found with Google demonstrates.

I also agree with the sentiment that goes with the picture, the women on the top row can't hold a candle to the women on the bottom.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 08:52:36 am »

Everyone can have their own little baby chicken on their own little baby plate.

;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 08:56:19 am »
And in regards to the title of this thread, models are not the only ones getting smaller, as this image I found with Google demonstrates.

I also agree with the sentiment that goes with the picture, the women on the top row can't hold a candle to the women on the bottom.

Maybe it has something to do with all those gay designers who are really into boys and so they want their models to look like skinny boys.

I mean, I would think straight guys would prefer the women in the bottom row; except for Heidi, the stars in the bottom row all have much bigger boobs.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 09:03:45 am »

Everyone can have their own little baby chicken on their own little baby plate.

That commercial kills me!