Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9096360 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9450 on: February 08, 2011, 07:26:59 pm »
Geez, I'm so glad the work day is over! 

I was good for nothing today, and here's the proof!

LOL   Well, one of my RMs (Janice) asked me to complete a spreadsheet for her with all the balances of ABC Company.  I did it first thing in the morning, and emailed it to her.

She replies this afternoon to say the figures don't look right.  I review my work, and discover I did the accounts of ACD Company by mistake.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9451 on: February 08, 2011, 07:38:22 pm »
Hey Chuckles;

Hiya Janice!   How are you?

I have just caught up on your blog.  I have been watching your calendar trips.  I have been rather curious about them.  I know its not a real trip, because the destinations are so far apart and there is no way you could really make them all in the time that you have allotted to do them.  Therefor I have come to the conclusion that it is virtual trips.  Which is a wonderful idea.  I should do that too.  Seeing as how I am such a homebody.  I dont get out a lot, except once a week, we go to the movie and dinner. 

Once a week for dinner?  Sometimes that's more tan me!  LOL  Some weeks are very slow for me!

The travel calendar is an actual calendar that I was given for Christmas by Matthew.  It's called "1,000 Places to See Before You Die", and I wasn't that thrilled with the title when it arrived shortly before my birthday.  :laugh:   It's a desktop calendar where you get a new picture each day, of the destination for the day.  So each day I come here and post the location the calendar says to be.

We sometimes do it more than once if there are specific movies to see, that we are particularly interested in.  We have seen most of the really interesting ones this year.  We haven't seen "the kids are ok"  or a couple of others, but it has been overall a great year for great movies.  They have been wonderful.  Mostly unusual in the overall scheme of things.

As usual, I haven't seen any of the major movies, except for Black Swan, which I saw last week and loved!  Natalie Portman is fantastic and I can see why she's nominated for the Oscar.  She truly deserves it.

I am interested in seeing the Oscars this year.  They have not made too many glaring mistakes I don't think.   I was disappointed that Mark Walhburg didnt get nominated for the Fighter.  Other than that, It was pretty fair.

I was surprised by that omission as well.  I haven't seen the movie, but heard from people who did and they all agreed that Mark's performance is fantastic!

Seems you are doing well on your diet too.  Your face really shows the thinning down to me.  You were downright dapper and handsome in that button down shirt, with the tie, lincs and pocket square to match.. whooee.  great.

Well thanks so much, Darlin'!!!  The accessories you mention were also given to me by Matthew.  He's become one of my closest friends, and we both exchange gifts for Christmas. 

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9452 on: February 09, 2011, 08:59:30 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Happy Hump Day!

So, are y'all humpin' around?  :laugh:

Who has good plans for Valentine's Day weekend?

The weekend is busy for me!  My brother's bday is Saturday, Sunday is my parents' wedding anniversary, and Monday is Valentine's Day.

We're all celebrating on Tuesday when we all go out to lunch together to celebrate this, and the fact that Tuesday is my dad's last radiation treatment.

;D

And now, today's travel destination!

Marie Galante - Lesser Antilles.

The pastoral allure of Marie Galante, a small island off the shore of Guadeloupe, is rarely matched in the Caribbean.  Scores of plantations, windmills, and the occasional oxcart attest to the importance of sugarcane and rum on an island where tourism is given little heed.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9453 on: February 09, 2011, 12:44:36 pm »
Who has good plans for Valentine's Day weekend?

I do: to studiously ignore it.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9454 on: February 09, 2011, 02:20:56 pm »

The weekend is busy for me!  My brother's bday is Saturday, Sunday is my parents' wedding anniversary, and Monday is Valentine's Day.

We're all celebrating on Tuesday when we all go out to lunch together to celebrate this, and the fact that Tuesday is my dad's last radiation treatment.

And now, today's travel destination!

Marie Galante - Lesser Antilles.

The pastoral allure of Marie Galante, a small island off the shore of Guadeloupe, is rarely matched in the Caribbean.  Scores of plantations, windmills, and the occasional oxcart attest to the importance of sugarcane and rum on an island where tourism is given little heed.

Your dad was having radiation treatment? So glad its finished and I hope its gone well for him. xxx

Marie Galante looks gorgeous..
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9455 on: February 09, 2011, 03:16:28 pm »
Your dad was having radiation treatment? So glad its finished and I hope its gone well for him. xxx

Yes, he was undergoing radiation treatment for prostate cancer.  I really didn't talk about it because it was never "life or death" for him.

Allow me to explain:

4 years ago dad had an enlarged prostate.  He went through tests and came back clear, it was just a mild infection.  However, his doctor informed him that since that incident occured, he should be much more vigilant with his prostate exams, so he started to get them done every six months.

At his last exam in October, something turned up and he tested positive for cancer.  His doctor told him they found it so early that one of his options was to do "nothing", and if he decided to do that, the doctor gave him 10 -15 years.

Dad didn't want to do "nothing" so he opted for radiation treatment, and was given a 100% recovery rate.  He's been getting treatments since around the end of November, and his last treatment will be Tuesday next week.  As of then, he'll be cancer free.

Obviously, he'll have to still monitor closely, but there is no immediate danger.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9456 on: February 09, 2011, 03:28:09 pm »
Thanks for the update, Chuck.  I'm glad your dad is almost done with that.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #9457 on: February 09, 2011, 03:38:47 pm »
Glad it was discovered and treated so early, Chuck.

Best wishes to your dad.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #9458 on: February 09, 2011, 05:30:03 pm »
Sounds like a good outcome. Big hugs to you and your family.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9459 on: February 10, 2011, 08:45:44 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

how is everyone doing today?

;D

Today's travel destination:   Madagascar.

The Republic of Madagascar (older name Malagasy Republic) is an island nation in the Indian Ocean off the southeastern coast of Africa. The main island, also called Madagascar, is the fourth-largest island in the world.  Madagascar is home to as many as 12,000 of the world's plant species.  Approximately 80% of all plant and animal species found in Madagascar are endemic, including the lemur.