Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9081949 times)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #9560 on: March 09, 2011, 10:45:10 am »
Good morning chuckie. Good luck with your weight loss!

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9561 on: March 10, 2011, 09:08:59 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

So, what's happening everyone?

I decided to broaden my horizons a bit yesterday, and perhaps get some extra exercise as well.  I googled "gay bowling league" yesterday and found one that bowls every Tuesday night, in the next town over, only about 15 minutes from my house.

Downside:  Their season runs from Septemer to May, and since we're in March, that leaves almost no time left now.

Upside:  I can register for the start of the next league, and that gives me about 6 months to practice and get back into the habit of bowling.  I haven't bowled in years, but I do own a bowling ball.

Perhas I'll meet some cool new friends!

Today's Travel Destination:

Acapulco Bay, Guerro, Mexico.

Acapulco, once known as Hollywood's beach club and then robbed of its luster after an over-eager influx of tourists, is now experinecing a certain rebirth of popularity.  Travelrs come for some of the most romantic views on Earth, including unbeatable sunsets over the horseshoe-shaped bay and the Pacific Ocean.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 11:27:53 am by CellarDweller »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #9562 on: March 10, 2011, 10:06:52 am »
Bowling sounds great....and yes a good idea to practice a bit if you havent played for a while. There may be some pain.

What a great idea to have some fun, exercise and meet new friends.

Chances are they still play, even when the league isnt on, so you may be able to meet up with some, before the league starts back in September.

Do you have LAWN BOWLS over there in the US?...No similarity whatsoever with ten pin bowling, and its played on grass.Its very popular here with the older community, and once was only played by people over 60, but now younger people are joining in, they even have it for a school sport in some schools. My son Paul has been playing for years and he's only 40. Its played outdoors, so the weather can disrupt it at times.

Take care mate.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9563 on: March 10, 2011, 11:26:51 am »
Do you have LAWN BOWLS over there in the US?...No similarity whatsoever with ten pin bowling, and its played on grass.Its very popular here with the older community, and once was only played by people over 60, but now younger people are joining in, they even have it for a school sport in some schools. My son Paul has been playing for years and he's only 40. Its played outdoors, so the weather can disrupt it at times.

g'day Sue!

Is lawn bowling like our indoor bowling, with the players rolling the ball at pins?

I don't think we do that here, but I could be wrong.  I think the closest we may come is bocce ball.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9564 on: March 10, 2011, 11:34:33 am »
Chuck, I'm just so proud of you for being so resourceful and finding this potential new outlet for all your endless and astonishing energy.  That's great!  Maybe you could just go and watch them play on Tuesday nights and get to know some of them in the interim before you officially join?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9565 on: March 10, 2011, 11:43:39 am »
Chuck, I'm just so proud of you for being so resourceful and finding this potential new outlet for all your endless and astonishing energy.  That's great!  Maybe you could just go and watch them play on Tuesday nights and get to know some of them in the interim before you officially join?

Hiya Mandy.

If I did that, I would feel like I'm stalking them.  LOL  Or look like a "bowling groupie"!   :laugh:

I think I'll register, and then wait until September, so that way I have 6 months of practice under my belt.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #9566 on: March 10, 2011, 12:40:45 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Acapulco, once known as Hollywood's beach club and then robbed of its luster after an over-eager influx of tourists, is now experinecing a certain rebirth of popularity.  Travelrs come for some of the most romantic views on Earth, including unbeatable sunsets over the horseshoe-shaped bay and the Pacific Ocean.

"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #9567 on: March 10, 2011, 03:14:37 pm »
Afternoon, Chuck.

I think that bowling league sounds like a great idea.

I bowled in a league twice, once in Colorado and once in Philly.  In both cases, they were girls from the same company (but not necessary people I knew at work).

Still have my bowling ball, too (it's gold color) but it's stored up in the attic these days.

I was never much good at the game, in terms of my scores.  But it can be fun, I hope you enjoy it.  And it's a good idea to practice for a while before joining the league.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #9568 on: March 10, 2011, 03:21:52 pm »
*trying to find that picture of Chuck "throwing" a horseshoe...*

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #9569 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:51 pm »
*trying to find that picture of Chuck "throwing" a horseshoe...*

:laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.