Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3133046 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2370 on: July 31, 2006, 01:06:58 am »
Okay, maybe this guy isn't quite right as Dupree, but can we find a place for him somewhere?  Maybe a bit part that is still uncast?  Please??!!!!!

Could he be the dude that catches Dupree's eye?
Could he become a regular at the Red Stallion?

If he can't be part of the story, the next time I update the Gallery, I'll add him as an 'Incredibly Hot Extra', or 'Hot U of W student' ... something!

..Stop me if I sound too desperate .. LOL...

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #2371 on: July 31, 2006, 01:08:21 am »
Okay, maybe this guy isn't quite right as Dupree, but can we find a place for him somewhere?  Maybe a bit part that is still uncast?  Please??!!!!!

What about Dupree's younger brother?
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2372 on: July 31, 2006, 01:11:38 am »
Maybe the new guy could be Ben, Joe's son that is getting married... I don't think we have him cast yet.  (It does get hard to keep though, lol.)

Of course this guy doesn't look anything like Joe, but who cares about those semantics!

We have a Ben Tooey already Kel!
Here he is ..

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2373 on: July 31, 2006, 02:17:02 am »
Wouldn't that be cute? 

Everyone is anxious to meet Duprees new "girl" and then he walks into the back patio area with a cute new female Chocolate Labrador ??   

;)

I second that!!

I'm thinking of starting a "Let Dupree explore his curiosity " campaign. ;D

Obsessive? Who, me???  :o

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2374 on: July 31, 2006, 03:17:26 am »
well you folks have sure put a smile on my face this morning.

"Incredibly hot extra!"  you boys and girls should be out pounding the pavement looking for some of the Sheriff's staff:  like Taylor, Jones, Reynolds, Simpson and Jewell!

And I get cast candidates for chocolate labradors?  WTF?

*Louise watches sadly as the audience steals the story and runs away with the plot between their teeth.*
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2375 on: July 31, 2006, 05:08:54 am »
Folks, I figured since I was in such a somber state of mind over the weekend, I should share with you some good news.

As you know, I have begun the process of putting out updates and announcements about the Laramie Saga to the two large Livejournal communities for fan fiction:  BBMSlash and Wranglers.  I will begin posting updates on those communities for "Shelter From the Storm" starting now.

As a result of my posting yesterday, I am getting Livejournal feedback from the beginning of "Taking Chances" and it warmed my heart to read comments from NEW fans of the Saga.  Included with each of these announcements is an invitation to join the "Ennis and Ellery" discussion as well as the Fan Fiction section of Bettermost.

In addition, last night after posting my announcement, there were from 8 to 12 lurkers reading the "Ennis and Ellery" thread here, in addition to registered users.

Let's give a warm hello to the lurkers, lots more beautiful damn skinny men, hot extras, and photographic galleries!  Welcome Lurkers!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2376 on: July 31, 2006, 06:24:52 am »
Folks, I figured since I was in such a somber state of mind over the weekend, I should share with you some good news.

As you know, I have begun the process of putting out updates and announcements about the Laramie Saga to the two large Livejournal communities for fan fiction:  BBMSlash and Wranglers.  I will begin posting updates on those communities for "Shelter From the Storm" starting now.

As a result of my posting yesterday, I am getting Livejournal feedback from the beginning of "Taking Chances" and it warmed my heart to read comments from NEW fans of the Saga.  Included with each of these announcements is an invitation to join the "Ennis and Ellery" discussion as well as the Fan Fiction section of Bettermost.

In addition, last night after posting my announcement, there were from 8 to 12 lurkers reading the "Ennis and Ellery" thread here, in addition to registered users.

Let's give a warm hello to the lurkers, lots more beautiful damn skinny men, hot extras, and photographic galleries!  Welcome Lurkers!

Welcome lurkers to our great community!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2377 on: July 31, 2006, 06:33:27 am »
{snip}

And I get cast candidates for chocolate labradors?  WTF?

*Louise watches sadly as the audience steals the story and runs away with the plot between their teeth.*

Consider yourself lucky, Louise.

Dupree could have meant his new pet girl - hamster... ;)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2378 on: July 31, 2006, 06:40:38 am »

hello lurkers!
louise, nice to see you all cheerfull and thinking about beautiful damn skinny men and hot extras. we can never have enough of those.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2379 on: July 31, 2006, 06:59:45 am »
now listen folks, when I said "Dupree will be showing up with a female" it was not to start the Mystery Theater wheels turning.  What's the matter, have I put you through so many twists and turns plotwise that every unintentionally ambiguous comment I make in LJ turns into a Major Plot Speculation?

:-\