Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170183 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6100 on: November 03, 2006, 08:39:46 am »
You know, I've never understood the problem a lot of Americans have with the word Fuck  ???  Movie ratings in Holland are so much more relaxed.
Casanova was rated PG in Holland!

I wondered about that June. Are films in the states R rated if they contain the word fuck a lot then? Seems daft to me. Theres films out there that contain FAR worse language that are only rated 15 or 18 over here..and thats for the language and the violence they contain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6101 on: November 03, 2006, 08:40:53 am »
Frisky...me? noooooooooo, you must be thinking of June, she,s a shocker she is..terrible influence on me too. ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Yeah, you're a real good girl aren't you Souxi LOLLOL!!   :-X

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6102 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:48 am »
I,m praying already. June get to church and start praying please. ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

I'm afraid I'm not really much of a church goer Souxi!  :laugh:

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6103 on: November 03, 2006, 08:43:57 am »
The Saga without sex? Well if it was like the film we would have been privy to Ennis' hand grab at the Rose Hotel and then things would have faded out just has Ellery was leading Ennis into bedroom with the latter clutching his erection.

Maybe we would read about a chaste embrace at the Holiday Inn if we were lucky - and maybe a few liplocks - and that would be it chums!

If this story ever gets on film we better make sure Ang Lee keeps his distance . We should insist on some French art house director who was trained in Sweden.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6104 on: November 03, 2006, 08:44:28 am »
Yeah, you're a real good girl aren't you Souxi LOLLOL!!   :-X

I certainly am..look, this is a pic of me in all my glory lol. ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #6105 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:34 am »
Movie ratings in Holland are so much more relaxed.

June, you may not realise this but EVERYTHING in Holland is much more relaxed!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6106 on: November 03, 2006, 08:46:09 am »
The Saga without sex? Well if it was like the film we would have been privy to Ennis' hand grab at the Rose Hotel and then things would have faded out just has Ellery was leading Ennis into bedroom with the latter clutching his erection.

Maybe we would read about a chaste embrace at the Holiday Inn if we were lucky - and maybe a few liplocks - and that would be it chums!

If this story ever gets on film we better make sure Ang Lee keeps his distance . We should insist on some French art house director who was trained in Sweden.

Even as I type, I,m on me knees prayin lol. ;) ;) ;D June I,m sure they,ll let you in the church if you go to confession first lol. ;) ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6107 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:25 am »
You know, I've never understood the problem a lot of Americans have with the word Fuck  ???  Movie ratings in Holland are so much more relaxed.
Casanova was rated PG in Holland!

My daughter, a typical adolescent, has parts of her life which she tries to keep private from her parents. Anyway, this morning, she wanted to show me something on her "My Space" page so I got to see that she has herself listed as "Hannah Fucking Nicoll." All right. I thought about that for a minute and then said, "So, who do you think you are, anyway? Jack Fuckin Twist?"

That got a laugh.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #6108 on: November 03, 2006, 09:15:55 am »
June, you may not realise this but EVERYTHING in Holland is much more relaxed!

OH I do Jo and I agree. I love living here  :) Have you ever been to Holland?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6109 on: November 03, 2006, 09:17:59 am »
I wondered about that June. Are films in the states R rated if they contain the word fuck a lot then? Seems daft to me. Theres films out there that contain FAR worse language that are only rated 15 or 18 over here..and thats for the language and the violence they contain.

I remember reading something that said that the use of the word "fuck" generated an instant R rating. That was awhile ago. Then some movie came out, a teenage movie as I recall, and fuck was said once. There was a debate and eventually it was given a PG-13 rating. I wish I could remember what movie it was. Anyone?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!