Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145303 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1950 on: July 20, 2006, 12:51:30 pm »
You ain't kidding we're slave drivers, and since we're resurrecting old stuff...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1951 on: July 20, 2006, 12:55:23 pm »
Lucise...speaking of galleries....

You know the little rebus/stories that have been posted--each one of those is a post. Is there any way to gather those together in a gallery?

Alternatively (this is just a thought) we could start a thread with just the stories...not sure if that is a good idea or not. Thinking out loud here.

Leslie
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 12:59:34 pm by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1952 on: July 20, 2006, 01:44:40 pm »
I,ve got a great pic of Hugh Jackman.. sorry to be dense here, but I have no idea how to post it. Help? Thanks

Jane -
if you have the picture saved on your computer, you can just attach it to your post ...

-Click the Additional Options.. Link that you see below the textbox in which you type your post...
-You will then see the Attach textfield, click on the browse button beside it and go to the location on your computer where the picture is saved. Select the image and you should see the path to the image in the Attach textfield.
- If you have more pictures to add, just click the More attachments link beside the browse button and repeat do the same thing.
That is all there is to it.

Hope this helps!  :)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2006, 01:47:19 pm by Lucise »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1953 on: July 20, 2006, 01:46:06 pm »
Lucise...speaking of galleries....

You know the little rebus/stories that have been posted--each one of those is a post. Is there any way to gather those together in a gallery?

Alternatively (this is just a thought) we could start a thread with just the stories...not sure if that is a good idea or not. Thinking out loud here.

Leslie

I'll update the galleries later this evening when I get home..

Leslie, which stories are you referring to? 

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1954 on: July 20, 2006, 01:51:12 pm »
Interesting Medical Trivia

K-Y Jelly is a water-based, water-soluble personal lubricant produced by Johnson & Johnson, containing carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium alginate and EDTA. The initials "K-Y" are not known to represent any words, but are retained for their brand-identity.

Created in 1917 and then named Jelly Personal Lubricant, the jelly's popularity began with medical use, where it was often chosen by doctors because of its natural base. In contrast with petroleum-based lubricants, K-Y is generally biologically inert, and contains no colour or perfume additives. The lubricant has proved extremely popular as it does not stain and is easily cleaned up.

K-Y became available to the public in 1980 and was sold over the counter as a sexual lubricant. It does not react with latex condoms or silicone-based sex toys, unlike Vaseline, which does. Vaseline is not recommended for use as a safe sexual lubricant; being oil-based it destroys the effectiveness of latex condoms. It can be used, however, as a personal lubricant in the absence of condoms.

With the emergence of the AIDS crisis in the late 70s/early 80s, there was a growing awareness of the need for products (such as K-Y) that didn't react with latex. Now, we have gone from basically having two choices to having, as one website describes it, "zillions of different kinds of lubes out there."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1955 on: July 20, 2006, 01:52:46 pm »
I'll update the galleries later this evening when I get home..

Leslie, which stories are you referring to? 

The little picture and word stories...Yesterday was "Poor Ennis!" with the noggin and stockings; I did one on Christmas shopping (with the microwave and robe); Ellery's wardrobe (with the red socks). There may be others and not sure if other folks have created any...

Leslie

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #1956 on: July 20, 2006, 01:55:28 pm »
Hope you like this pic guys. ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline Jane

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Together forever.xx
« Reply #1957 on: July 20, 2006, 01:56:17 pm »
Thank you Lucise!!! Like it?  ;)
Always and forever. J&E.xx

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1958 on: July 20, 2006, 02:00:52 pm »
The little picture and word stories...Yesterday was "Poor Ennis!" with the noggin and stockings; I did one on Christmas shopping (with the microwave and robe); Ellery's wardrobe (with the red socks). There may be others and not sure if other folks have created any...

Leslie

Oh...duh..yah I know what you mean now!  ;D
Yes, we have quite a few of those pic-word stories ...
I remember the ones you did, I think I did a few too...
Sure, I'll put them together too for our next gallery update!  ;)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1959 on: July 20, 2006, 02:01:12 pm »
Hope you like this pic guys. ;)

That is a fabulous pic, but funny how different he looks, isn't it? Change the hair a little bit, grow a few whiskers...amazing.

Thanks for sharing, Jane, and now you know how to do pictures. Watch out, it is addicting!