Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3169788 times)

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2100 on: July 23, 2006, 10:48:24 pm »
You know, I consider myself a together person in a lot of aspect of my life. (You can't be a together person in all of them, I think),   ...   Love and lust make you do stupid things. That's a truth.

Having been out of town, I am still many pages behind, but wanted to stop and nod my agreement here.  **nods heartily** 

(and I come back to fine Leslie and Louise are moderators - very exciting... congratulations to you both!)

(also - I've been thinking the Laramie Saga may be better suited for t.v. rather than film - then we don't have to sacrifice all the little details.  of course, it would need to be on HBO or Showtime... I don't think regular prime time could handle all the fancy stuff the boys get up to...)

Okay back to catching up... :)
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2101 on: July 23, 2006, 11:46:54 pm »
Hey Louise,

Just a minor question... so obviously there are two threads for E and E - one here, and over on Chez Tremblay... are they supposed to be covering two different things (i.e. is one supposed to be more literary than the other?)  Or are they gonna get merged?

Just want to be sure to post all of my "Oh, let me count the ways I love thee, E and E" comments in the appropriate space.
Thanks.
 ;D
nB
“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2102 on: July 24, 2006, 02:44:07 am »
Ennis does pretty well for a 41-42 year old, sure.  But ol' Bill... well, he could ride all night.

Oh, dear God !  Ennis is going to FLIP when he hears this...

Am I a bad person for wanting Ennis to find out soon?

Guess I am. A bad, bad person...RonitR hangs head in shame....

But then perks up considerably thinking of Jealous!Ennis and hot explosive "I am every bit as good in the sack as your former boyfriend " sex...

p.s - I also vote for grubby Nate. Seems truer to character (as is shown in my overactive imagination)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 03:41:15 am by RonitR »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2103 on: July 24, 2006, 03:43:13 am »
Hey Louise,

Just a minor question... so obviously there are two threads for E and E - one here, and over on Chez Tremblay... are they supposed to be covering two different things (i.e. is one supposed to be more literary than the other?)  Or are they gonna get merged?

Just want to be sure to post all of my "Oh, let me count the ways I love thee, E and E" comments in the appropriate space.
Thanks.
 ;D
nB

I haven't got any plans to merge these threads.  This forum is more of a book announcement and general thread and the Ennis and Ellery has gotten into much deeper discussion, as well as chapter announcements.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2104 on: July 24, 2006, 03:50:41 am »
oooh I don't want to start choosing sides on "who plays the mechanic" here.  This is your fantasy as well as mine, and why not have a choice for each vision?

As far as the pics go, David I think they are hilarious?  "Fancy a shag with Ennis anyday" indeed!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2105 on: July 24, 2006, 03:53:31 am »
Oh, dear God !  Ennis is going to FLIP when he hears this...

Am I a bad person for wanting Ennis to find out soon?

Guess I am. A bad, bad person...RonitR hangs head in shame....

But then perks up considerably thinking of Jealous!Ennis and hot explosive "I am every bit as good in the sack as your former boyfriend " sex...

yeah he might flip.  But yes Jealous!Ennis does get pretty wild in the sack.  Speaking of sacks... I am hoping tonight to get through the other plot details hanging fire and get home so that the boys can have a bit of snuggling and whatever sex they can manage with Ennis's wounds.  But first of all... work calls!

Thanks everyone for all of your LJ comments and pm's and pictures and comments and suggestions!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2106 on: July 24, 2006, 06:41:02 am »
I can't image Ellery ever telling Ennis that Bill could ride longer and harder.

First of all, Ellery wouldn't want to hurt his fealings.

Secondly,  guys know ya can't say those kinda things!   It would be attacking his manhood.    There are some things about ex's that you just keep to yourself.   

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2107 on: July 24, 2006, 07:36:52 am »
Hello, dear friends! Sorry to have been missing in action over this weekend. I had a wedding in Spokane, Washington yesterday, then my delightful seven year old granddaughter spent the night at my house last night. She was generous enough with her grandpa's time to allow me to read chapters as they were posted, but there was no way I could be in chat, too. I'll be trying to make up for it in coming days.
                                              :)

I was missing you Fred! I'll be on the chat later today. I have a couple of things to do. Be back later!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2108 on: July 24, 2006, 08:21:56 am »
I can't image Ellery ever telling Ennis that Bill could ride longer and harder.

First of all, Ellery wouldn't want to hurt his fealings.

Secondly,  guys know ya can't say those kinda things!   It would be attacking his manhood.    There are some things about ex's that you just keep to yourself.   

that is very true.  But there might come a time when... something slips out.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2109 on: July 24, 2006, 09:33:52 am »
Let's make this an even 2100 with a good morning to Ennis and Ellery, their fans, and Louise! Beautiful day here in Maine, looking forward to more adventures today, Louise.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!