Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 546883 times)

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1700 on: February 25, 2007, 09:34:33 pm »

Dame Edna lives in Melbourne?  Holy cow! I would have gone earlier!

Which reminds me I will be landing in Melbourne Wednesday morning local time, and I dont have your number, Jo!!!

Since she became a superstar Dame Edna has lived in the UK but her origins were as a shy, unassuming, humble 1950s housewife (pictured below) from the Melbourne suburb of Moonee Ponds. Nevertheless she frequently conducts royal tours to her home town and no doubt would be happy to give the boys afternoon tea and scones. She might even consent to give you an audience Louise!

« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 09:40:05 pm by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
« Reply #1701 on: February 25, 2007, 11:29:35 pm »
Well...you could tell us what happens with Jeremy's mom when calls her at the end of your Christmas story.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1702 on: February 26, 2007, 07:21:27 am »
Well...you could tell us what happens with Jeremy's mom when calls her at the end of your Christmas story.

Yes, that's a loose end I have been wondering about too, Milo.

How about a short story of Ellery and Ennis and Valetine's Day, 1985?

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #1703 on: February 26, 2007, 08:13:12 am »

Absolutely Milo. It would be very interesting to read about what happened or happens next between Jeremy and his family.

How about a short story of Ellery and Ennis and Valetine's Day, 1985?

Leslie

Good one Leslie! Although i wonder if that would involve roses and chocolate?  ;D

How about the story about Wes and Edna becoming Ellery's 'parents' after he left university? Was Edna baking biscuits at the time they met Ellery? How did the daddying and mothering by Wes and Edna develop? When did they realise that Ellery was the son they always wanted? I could go on and on...

Of course there would be no Ennis   :-\, but i'm confident Louise could work her way around that  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1704 on: February 26, 2007, 08:25:39 am »
Short Story Suggestions:
-I like Nike and Ennis meet
-Puerto Rico business trip and honeymoon combined could be a hoot!  How many
 people does it take to get Ennis on the plane?
-a short story about the girls moving to town and the changes to Ennis and Ellery's 
 life.
-a short story on how Ellery meet Bill? I have always wondered what the attraction was?

Louise, thanks for the opportunity to share our thoughts,  Happy travels.  I have been to New Zealand, and those folks there were fantastic! I hope you have the same experience in your new home!
Bob

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1705 on: February 26, 2007, 01:43:47 pm »
Hiya folks!

I would ask Louise, but since she is not here at the mo ..

Does anyone have the completed word document for A Small Circle of Friends?

Would love to print it soon!  ;)

~M

Offline David

« Reply #1706 on: February 27, 2007, 01:59:17 pm »
I don't recall exploring all of the Nick and Jeremy scenarios.

Did we cover his "Outing" at the Police department?

"More please!"     ;)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1707 on: February 27, 2007, 02:34:39 pm »

How about the story about Wes and Edna becoming Ellery's 'parents' after he left university? Was Edna baking biscuits at the time they met Ellery? How did the daddying and mothering by Wes and Edna develop? When did they realise that Ellery was the son they always wanted? I could go on and on...

Of course there would be no Ennis   :-\, but i'm confident Louise could work her way around that  :)

Yes - I've always wanted to know more about Ellery's past and his relationship with W&E - I seem to remember Wes mentioning Ellery's grandfather and it sounded as if they might have been friends? 

I don't recall exploring all of the Nick and Jeremy scenarios.

Did we cover his "Outing" at the Police department?

"More please!"     ;)

I second that!  N&J scenarios are endless - and I'd love to read every one of them!  Do we have your head spinning yet, Louise?  :laugh:   Hope you're doing well!   

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1708 on: February 28, 2007, 02:06:59 pm »
Since she became a superstar Dame Edna has lived in the UK but her origins were as a shy, unassuming, humble 1950s housewife (pictured below) from the Melbourne suburb of Moonee Ponds. Nevertheless she frequently conducts royal tours to her home town and no doubt would be happy to give the boys afternoon tea and scones. She might even consent to give you an audience Louise!

good lord, the things I don't know about Australian history, Jo!

I am embedded down at the Park View, and not sleeping too much, but I had better since I am supposed to go in and "office" tomorrow!  I can review the rest of the plot suggestions and put in the poll tomorrow!

thank you for all of the suggestions: I think the Nick/Jeremy "I Love you" is probably the first in sequence timing wise.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1709 on: March 02, 2007, 04:05:07 am »
Okay.  My workweek is done, such as it was.  I have a busy night of - sleeping - ahead, and then will be moving out of this hotel, visiting with some lodge members and moving into the Marriott for the weekend in the Central Business District for two nights.  Then... taking potluck, and hoping I can find a cheaper and less five star accommodation.

My plan for tonight is to assemble the poll and organize it in order of time sequence as much as possible, and then with the poll results work on the next story.  Maybe I will get used to the time difference , and moving from winter into summer... and lefthand-righthand rule!  this weekend. I hope.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”