Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 546915 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"J" is Jeeves
« Reply #2390 on: November 16, 2007, 08:14:07 am »
our resident Englishman
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
'K' is Knock
« Reply #2391 on: November 16, 2007, 08:40:02 am »
Colson had finished his cigarette, Gene was shoveling eggs into a serving dish, and Bill was buttering toast by the time a low knock came on the door downstairs. "Get that will ya Gene?" Bill said, bringing the plate of toast over to the table, a couple of warmed biscuits nudged in next to the slices. Gene set down the bowl of eggs and nodded, hopping down the stairs, his usual airy ways gradually returning as he forgot his pout, and Colson heard a distinct squeal as Gene opened the door and let in the fourth person of their breakfast party.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"L" is Love
« Reply #2392 on: November 16, 2007, 09:43:30 am »
Back to that theory, again..."I think we're fallin in love."
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"M" is Massage
« Reply #2393 on: November 16, 2007, 01:40:31 pm »
The first of many massages Colson gives to Ellery:

Right here, Deputy, now roll over,” he ordered, but playfully, sounding pretend-fierce, and knelt next to the long, fragile body as Ellery moved to roll onto his stomach, Colson putting a supporting hand on his shoulder to help him flatten out, then he straddled his narrow hips and picked up the “massage” oil which looked to Colson like some sort of high grade salad oil, but certainly didn’t smell like it. It had a slightly fruity odor, scented in some mysterious way, and he poured a little puddle of it in his palm, then rubbed his hands together till they were warm, then set them on either side of Ellery’s back, rubbing his hands slowly up toward his shoulder blades, pressing gently but firmly, and back down again until he got to the dimples at the bottom of his spine and spread his fingers out, gripping his hipbones and sliding his hands firmly over the muscles of his ass, pressing down more firmly against the denser, fuller flesh. His lover’s body, now still, though long-boned, seemed fragile and delicate to his hard hands with their powerful muscles and thicker bones.

Ellery let out a long, contented sigh. “Man, this is better than that ten dollar an hour massage parlor up on Center Street. Yer cuter than them girls, too.”
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
"N" is Nachos
« Reply #2394 on: November 16, 2007, 01:45:25 pm »
One of the "light offerings" on the menu at the Red Stallion

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
"O" is Open Case
« Reply #2395 on: November 16, 2007, 08:42:02 pm »
Adam's death was unsolved, but the case was still open.

The evidence in the open case would have been pitiful if it weren’t downright suspicious. He opened the evidence box, found a half a dozen photos of the scene, which were dark and grainy, taken at night with a poor camera. Inventory of the scene, the crashed Chevy Trailblazer, briefcase, a badly damaged tire from the folded-in right wheel-well when it hit bottom of a steep ditch. The body of the victim, hunched over the wheel, mostly intact but captured in that unnatural position that could not be sleep, but only sudden violent death.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
"P" is "Pinky"
« Reply #2396 on: November 16, 2007, 09:00:00 pm »
the notoriously well-endowed trucker who was the first known case of AIDS in Greenlea county, and sometime lover of Wayne Bryce.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #2397 on: November 17, 2007, 05:55:10 pm »
it's donnnnnnnne...

I just sent Leslie the new more slender 100,000 word version of 'Taking Chances' which hopefully still contains all of the classic lines quoted in our ABC's game, at least for the most part!  Hopefully we will be able to attract an agent with this new 'slimmer' version and see the thing in print!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2398 on: November 18, 2007, 09:43:30 am »
it's donnnnnnnne...

I just sent Leslie the new more slender 100,000 word version of 'Taking Chances' which hopefully still contains all of the classic lines quoted in our ABC's game, at least for the most part!  Hopefully we will be able to attract an agent with this new 'slimmer' version and see the thing in print!

Great news Louise. Congratulations!

Yeah, let's see this thing in print, and then onto the big movie screen of course!!  :)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2399 on: November 18, 2007, 10:01:43 am »
it's donnnnnnnne...

This are great news!!! I'm sure everything will be fine and we will be reading this soon in print Congratulations!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.