Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3185741 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2230 on: July 26, 2006, 12:56:49 pm »
whoa whoa whoa.  People.  Ellery can't take a vacation.  He's in the middle of a multiple homicide investigation, he's got a major case pending trial (Wyoming vs. Steele) and will be a witness in Wyoming vs. Early when that one gets set for trial.  This is the biggest case of his life.  He is in a pressure cooker he can't get out of.

We don't have them taking a vacation immediately, we are just speculating for the future.

Bob...I like the idea of splurging on a fancy cabin in the woods.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2231 on: July 26, 2006, 01:01:13 pm »
Louise,  understand, I sort of thought in afew months when everything calmed down, HA!

Besides the board was kinda slow,  and its sort of fun to picture the guys at a ski resort, and Ennis's reaction to new things. 

Realize that Wes would not let Ellery go with everything going on.  He really would have the Mayor on his back!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2232 on: July 26, 2006, 01:33:49 pm »
Hiya folks!  :)

I have some chapters to catch up on tonight!  Wow ...

I am so worried about our friend Chris being so sick in hospital,
I cant seem to think of anything else today .. :'(
Maybe some E&E reading will lift my spirits up a bit ..  :-\

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2233 on: July 26, 2006, 01:34:21 pm »
No, not a cabin in the woods.  Thats what Ennis would have done with Jack.

I'm thinking we need to get them both into new territory where they can experience something new for both of them.     San Fransisco is good, but I think it would visually overload Ennis.

I'm thinking something more relaxing.  Provincetown, Massachusetts right after Labor day when the crowds leave.   The weather is still warm enough to hit the beaches during the day.  There are plenty of guest houses there for the boys to have privacy.   It has that small New England village charm yet you can walk hand in hand with your partner openly.

They's need to fly to Bostons Logan Airport, then take the Ferry Boat over to Cape Cod.  Both would no doubt be "firsts" for Ennis.   Ellery may not have ever been to the shore either.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2234 on: July 26, 2006, 01:37:37 pm »
No, not a cabin in the woods.  Thats what Ennis would have done with Jack.

I'm thinking we need to get them both into new territory where they can experience something new for both of them.     San Fransisco is good, but I think it would visually overload Ennis.

I'm thinking something more relaxing.  Provincetown, Massachusetts right after Labor day when the crowds leave.   The weather is still warm enough to hit the beaches during the day.  There are plenty of guest houses there for the boys to have privacy.   It has that small New England village charm yet you can walk hand in hand with your partner openly.

They's need to fly to Bostons Logan Airport, then take the Ferry Boat over to Cape Cod.  Both would no doubt be "firsts" for Ennis.   Ellery may not have ever been to the shore either.

And you know me, I would vote for any vacation that involves New England!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2235 on: July 26, 2006, 01:50:41 pm »
And you know me, I would vote for any vacation that involves New England!

Well they could go to a nice caribbean island, hang on a nice beach and have some piña colada.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2236 on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:24 pm »
No, not a cabin in the woods.  Thats what Ennis would have done with Jack.

I'm thinking we need to get them both into new territory where they can experience something new for both of them.     San Fransisco is good, but I think it would visually overload Ennis.

I'm thinking something more relaxing.  Provincetown, Massachusetts right after Labor day when the crowds leave.   The weather is still warm enough to hit the beaches during the day.  There are plenty of guest houses there for the boys to have privacy.   It has that small New England village charm yet you can walk hand in hand with your partner openly.

They's need to fly to Bostons Logan Airport, then take the Ferry Boat over to Cape Cod.  Both would no doubt be "firsts" for Ennis.   Ellery may not have ever been to the shore either.

Considering even Ellery doesn't leave the state often, and he has the money to if he wanted---I can't see either of them being interested in seeing either coast--no offense.   But possibly Denver, esp during the stock show, or San Antonio to see the Alamo, or even Las Vegas during National Finals---but I don't see them getting  very far from the middle of the country--just not that adventurous or interested in my own mind as I know them.   Could always be wrong, but just don't see them going to the oceans, at least not in this timeframe.   Maybe if they went somewhere and did a little touring first, the oceans might be next vacation, but for their first one, can't see it.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2006, 01:53:37 pm by ranchgal »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2237 on: July 26, 2006, 01:51:51 pm »
Update to "Shelter From the Storm"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/82055.html  "Chapter 26:  Wrath of the Sheriff"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2238 on: July 26, 2006, 01:54:46 pm »
YEEE HAAW---just love the thought of Wes letting his temper go for once---YES!!
LOL, on my way to go read!! ;D ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2239 on: July 26, 2006, 02:06:43 pm »
actually this will be the second time.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”