Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167326 times)

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6770 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:17 am »
Moving on, Maam  ;D ....

SPOILER

Poor Ellery - he's very human in feeling guilty about Esteban, even if it isn't his fault..

Also, loved Dupree being a "gay-magnet"  ;D poor boy can't get a break, can he?? Wonder why thay is **scratches head**

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6771 on: November 15, 2006, 07:32:11 am »
SPOILER

I'm so confused (a bit like poor Dupree).  ;)

There are so many possible contenders for his affections! Jeeves (an outside shot at this stage), ADA Samuelson (maybe that's just in my mind), Nate-the-radiator-repair-man - is there anyone that I've missed? Louise, are these perhaps red herrings and you have someone lined up in the wings?

Souxi - sorry you're having such a rubbish day.  :( When you're juggling so much it doesn't take much to disrupt the smooth sailing of your day. Treat yourself to something nice at lunchtime, then a glass of wine later once the kids are in bed.  ;D

Now - shall we open a book on who's going to give Dupree the lovin' he so desperately needs? After all the regulars at the Red Stallion like a flutter on these issues.

Karen

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #6772 on: November 15, 2006, 07:46:40 am »
Ellery

We like Ellery a lot
He’s clever, sweet and
bloody hot

He’s so good looking
full of wit
Never patient
with a twit

He’s far from perfect
So damn what?
He not a toady
or a swat!

Ennis thinks he’s beautiful
and stands guard at his door
You only have to look his way
to feel his fist smash in your jaw

If any threaten his dear boy
they really must dumb
They’ll end up
dumped into a ditch
with Ennis’ boot
right up their bum!
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline RonitR

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6773 on: November 15, 2006, 08:07:07 am »
SPOILER

Now - shall we open a book on who's going to give Dupree the lovin' he so desperately needs? After all the regulars at the Red Stallion like a flutter on these issues.

Karen

I'll second that.

Hey, he  could be an "equal-opportunity" kinda guy, and give EVERYONE the once -over before deciding  ;D
Just kidding.... Dupree is NOT that kind of guy (but Wayne, maybe  ;)).

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6774 on: November 15, 2006, 09:37:18 am »
SPOILER

I'm so confused (a bit like poor Dupree).  ;)

There are so many possible contenders for his affections! Jeeves (an outside shot at this stage), ADA Samuelson (maybe that's just in my mind), Nate-the-radiator-repair-man - is there anyone that I've missed? Louise, are these perhaps red herrings and you have someone lined up in the wings?

Souxi - sorry you're having such a rubbish day.  :( When you're juggling so much it doesn't take much to disrupt the smooth sailing of your day. Treat yourself to something nice at lunchtime, then a glass of wine later once the kids are in bed.  ;D

Karen

Thank you for sympathy Kazza. :) To make myself feel better, I,ve got my printer out, and I,ve spent a while printing the LS from the begining. To see just how Ennis was at the start and to see how far he has come now is just brilliant. I shall definately need some more ink and paper, theres LOADS of it. I know Louise is talking about a zine but obviously none of us, including Louise probably have any idea of when that will be and I,m impatient for my boys lol, so I,m printing away, and having fun re reading from the start again. :) :)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6775 on: November 15, 2006, 09:42:12 am »
RE:  Dupree.

Well, thats the trouble with assumptions.    We are assuming what kind of guy Jeremy will find hot.    Truth is, I have met some guys that are only interested in opposites.     I know of a guy online in my area that is hot, lean and cleancut looking.   Eveybody drools over him, but nobody can get a date with him.   Then one night at a Happy Hour event I was hanging out with him and noticed how he got all giddy and excited when these big beefy guys came over.    Then it hit me.  He isn't into guys that are like him, he wants a big beefy guy.    But I suppose he may not be their type.  Who knows.     

There is only one think about "Rules of Attraction".   There are NONE!    hahaha!   

now back to Dupree.    We can guess can't we?

Does he want a rough guy or gal to dominate him?   

Does he want to be with a kind, submissive guy?

It is my opinion that a guys first physical experience is with someone he finds attractive.    The lure of physical hottness draws them in until the opportunity is there to act on it.

Granted that sometimes guys just get drunk and have sex with someone they wouldn't when sober.     

But Ideally I think we all agree that we want Jeremy Dupree to meet someone that sparks a fire in his loins and makes him want to expirement.   

Sorry gals, as nice and friendly as Jeeves is, isn't him.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6776 on: November 15, 2006, 10:00:30 am »
Souxi,

You are right that I cannot promise when the fanzine will get off the ground... I am not sure what is going to happen in the next three weeks, actually! and at any rate it has to wait until after the Saga is finished.

I had one of those traffic things that happened to you last night: the main road going into Saarbrücken had a big maintenance truck across one intersection and was squeezing everyone into a defile, and some guy in a bright orange uniform was standing in the middle of the road with a big steel rod, holding it steady, not in the least concerned that there was a kilometer-length line of traffic winding back behind him.  I missed getting to the Apotheke, and hence didn't find out until this morning that the Apotheke screwed up on filling my prescription.  Supah, as they say.

When will this day end?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6777 on: November 15, 2006, 10:10:42 am »
Thank you for sympathy Kazza. :) To make myself feel better, I,ve got my printer out, and I,ve spent a while printing the LS from the begining. To see just how Ennis was at the start and to see how far he has come now is just brilliant. I shall definately need some more ink and paper, theres LOADS of it. I know Louise is talking about a zine but obviously none of us, including Louise probably have any idea of when that will be and I,m impatient for my boys lol, so I,m printing away, and having fun re reading from the start again. :) :)

You know what part I love to read, over and over? Their first day together, from when Ennis meets Ellery...running around, going out to lunch, Ellery getting to know Ennis. I love that section.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #6778 on: November 15, 2006, 10:14:09 am »
You mentioned that word again Louise.......finished. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  *SIGH* Do you know my eyes feel gritty,so although you shouldnt really wish your day away I,m kind of looking forward to seeing my duvet lol. And if I get caught in another traffic jam tonight I shall scream and have road rage.  >:( >:(

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #6779 on: November 15, 2006, 10:14:55 am »

Oh my word, Souxi, I keep thinking I should start printing out the LS from the beginning, cos I want to keep it and read it whenever I feel like it, but god, it will take me a lifetime! lol  Not to mention a few trees and ink cartridges!!! lol  

Louise, will you be keeping your lj open once LS has finished so we can access it and read through the story from the beginning again?