Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3165728 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7330 on: November 22, 2006, 04:39:32 pm »
SPOILER

Well, well, Dupree is going all googly eyed over our Navy Boy. I like Nick already - he seems steady, and patient (and Dupree will really need patience).

I really feel for Jeves though - I do.  :( He has geniune feelings for Dupree. I'm not sure about the hook-up with Lance. Seems a little cold. Then again getting laid is getting laid. Bet Jeeves knows a trick or two. Hey, maybe they'll discover an electric connection and form an unlikely partnership.

I want Jeeves to find love - or at least have a damn good time  ;D

Karen

Offline magicmountain

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Fire from heaven
« Reply #7331 on: November 22, 2006, 04:49:11 pm »
An update:  ;D

to Leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to Souxi:  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to June:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

to fistulate:  To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to Dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

to Tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

Ril-ition: The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

Fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to bunnificate:
to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

I have 2 more to add:

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to rejeevinate ~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

lol..

Milli add:

More for the Lexicon

To edna – An action combining nurturing, feeding and providing general TLC leading to a state of gratification.

Glenfiddled – State of arousal inhibited by maudlin drunkenness
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7332 on: November 22, 2006, 04:53:03 pm »
Ah .. I forgot those two Jo..

Here we go ..  8)

to Leslie: the reader in question brings all of his/her begging and pleading and sometimes even bribery, to  bear, to increase the local "schmoop" factor in a given chapter or plot element to the desired level.

to Souxi:  the reader in question takes leslie-ing to a whole other level with a fair amount of weeping, wailing, howling, .. practically anything to get what he/she wants.  Souxi-ers have been known to be downright relentless and they usually get what they want.

to June:  to squee like a professionally-trained squeer.

to fistulate:  To undergo a period of enforced sexual abstinence, of at least one week's duration, while at the same time getting married.

to Dupreeciate: The phenomenon of a minor character in a work of fiction increasingly absorbing readers' attention until the character threatens to overtake or equal their interest in the nominal main character(s).

to Tooeyminate:  To have an uncharacteristically large appetite for muffins.  When observed in their natural habitat, tooeyminators are hardly seen without a box of muffins close at hand.  Infact, some have been known to leave behind a trail of crumbs.

to westify: an act of civil disobedience, performed as a protest

Hughdity: a view of Hugh Jackman that involves showing off significant assets of his personal charisma, charm,and er, attributes.

Ril-ition: The ability to become suddenly overtaken with intense sexual desire from the touch of a lover or sometimes by the smell of burning pastry (preferably of the Pillsbury variety)

Fancyful: The satisfying sense of contentment, euphoria and repleteness after a sexual encounter with a loved one.

to bunnificate:
to have wild sexual fantasies, including falling in love, with someone you have only seen once or twice, and you don't even realize is homosexual...

to jeeviate ~ to follow all rules of etiquette with impeccable taste and class (British heritage optional).   Jeeviants make great friends and excellent companions, as they are known to treat all persons with complete respect, without necessarily compromising their beliefs and standards.

to rejeevinate ~ to make it known in no uncertain terms that one needs to get laid and that one is up for absolutely anything to do so.

To edna – An action combining nurturing, feeding and providing general TLC leading to a state of gratification.

Glenfiddled – State of arousal inhibited by maudlin drunkenness

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7333 on: November 22, 2006, 05:03:42 pm »
SPOILER

I'm not sure about the hook-up with Lance. Seems a little cold. Then again getting laid is getting laid. Bet Jeeves knows a trick or two. Hey, maybe they'll discover an electric connection and form an unlikely partnership.

Karen

I hope he finds love with Lance. After all, Lance is not a bad guy, and he could use some tender loving care. And so does Jeeves. Solitude does no good to anyone.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7334 on: November 22, 2006, 05:20:28 pm »
SPOILER

Well, well, Dupree is going all googly eyed over our Navy Boy. I like Nick already - he seems steady, and patient (and Dupree will really need patience).

I really feel for Jeves though - I do.  :( He has geniune feelings for Dupree. I'm not sure about the hook-up with Lance. Seems a little cold. Then again getting laid is getting laid. Bet Jeeves knows a trick or two. Hey, maybe they'll discover an electric connection and form an unlikely partnership.

Karen

Yeah that was a great chapter.  I dont mind about Jeeves and Lance, although its funny cos Lance was getting wound up by Jeeves for calling him Lancelot, never really gave him a second glance, and then the minute sex is mentioned, he's right in there!!  Well, they both want it, and Jeeves definitely needs it, and Dupree is hopefully going to get it, so everyone's happy.   I like Nick, he seems a nice guy, taking in his surroundings, not too mouthy, just right for our Dupree.  Awww, and he had his hand on Durpee's arm for ages too.  So sweet.

Cant wait to see what they get up to behind closed doors.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #7335 on: November 22, 2006, 05:22:07 pm »
Cooooeeeeeee I am about lol, I,ve just been so damn cold today, I,ve put my heating back on again. Wow I liked that chapter. I bet poor Jeremy will be so nervous lol. Cant wait to see what happens. Have you escaped from work Louise?  Glad to hear it if you have. You,d best wrap up warm over the next few days. We(europe) are getting an icy blast from the arctic, so it says on the weather anyway. Snow in scotland, and heavy rain and gales down here. Terrific, just what we need. :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Oh no, that weather forcast does NOT sound good.  Its been awful here lately though so I shouldnt be surprised. But its just that I'm going away this weekend and I will be abseiling (amongst other things) and I dont really feel like doing that with a cold sharp wind up my back!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7336 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:27 pm »
I hope he finds love with Lance. After all, Lance is not a bad guy, and he could use some tender loving care. And so does Jeeves. Solitude does no good to anyone.

Lance is not a bad guy .. with all the Sergio episodes now behind him, lets see if Jeeves can make a man outta him!
It might turn out to be a one-night thing with Jeeves, might be more .. we'll see..

Either way, methinks Jeeves has got his hands full ..  8) (figuratively and literally, as we can see..)

Scott6373

« Reply #7337 on: November 22, 2006, 05:23:42 pm »
Something just dosen't seem right to me about this whole set-up.  Too easy...something is going to happen but I don't think it's going to be what we all think.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #7338 on: November 22, 2006, 05:29:39 pm »
Something just dosen't seem right to me about this whole set-up.  Too easy...something is going to happen but I don't think it's going to be what we all think.

Well, when you are desperate you are desperate, and Jeeves is pretty desperate! Isn't he? After almost having sex with a hunk like Dupree and failing terribly, he must be climbing the walls!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7339 on: November 22, 2006, 05:33:19 pm »

spoilers...!!!!  if it isn't all spoiled already!

No, nothing is as simple as it seems.  Remember - we still have "Dupree's Choice" to go.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”