Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3167302 times)

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #7700 on: November 27, 2006, 12:22:16 pm »
I urge everyone in my private friends group to read the following announcement:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/157321.html

I have read this and commented Louise

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7701 on: November 27, 2006, 12:25:05 pm »
Delmarriage...

I do too. And I think it is a very real phenomenon, too. My husband (then fiance) and I had a scene very, very similar to what you wrote for Ennis and Ellery. It was the same situation (the day we picked up our rings) and the same place (ie, in bed). We tried them on, didn't want to take them off, I cried. We wore them all night then the next morning, took them off, put them away, and didn't even look at them again until the "real" wedding. But something happened that night which finalized everything between us. No more cold feet, no more doubts...

Leslie

How long have you been married Leslie? If thats not a nosey question? It,s actually 20 years for me on the 1st of December. Cant wait for our boys marriage. That scene with the rings bought tears to my eyes, as did your scene Leslie with Jack and Ennis. *SIGH* I blubbed, I did, I admit it lol. ::) ::)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7702 on: November 27, 2006, 12:31:08 pm »
Wait, wait...what do you mean "all night"...surely you we're not togather all night before the benefit of marriage?  Oh my angelic image is broken to bits.   ;D

Actually, Scott the parallels between my romance with my husband and what has gone on with Ennis and Ellery are uncanny, including initiating a sexual relationship very early on (for us, it was on our first date), moving in together, getting engaged (after 5 months), then married (when we had known each other less than 11 months). Reading the delmarriage ceremony sent shivers down my spine since Tony and I had done the exact same thing, right down to the tears.

Some have criticized this story for being "too much, too fast" but I don't take issue with that at all, since I feel like I am reading my own story and I know it can happen this way. It did for me! The only difference: I'm not gay.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7703 on: November 27, 2006, 12:33:22 pm »
How long have you been married Leslie? If thats not a nosey question? It,s actually 20 years for me on the 1st of December. Cant wait for our boys marriage. That scene with the rings bought tears to my eyes, as did your scene Leslie with Jack and Ennis. *SIGH* I blubbed, I did, I admit it lol. ::) ::)

We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary on June 2 and have been together 29 years.

Like you, I am always a sucker for a good wedding and cry at all of them. That's why I like to write them, too.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7704 on: November 27, 2006, 12:36:30 pm »
We celebrated our 28th wedding anniversary on June 2 and have been together 29 years.

Like you, I am always a sucker for a good wedding and cry at all of them. That's why I like to write them, too.

L

Wow Leslie thats the day after my birthday!! :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7705 on: November 27, 2006, 12:49:43 pm »
Wow Leslie thats the day after my birthday!! :o :o :o :o :o

OMG twin sista!!! It's your B'day on June 1st?? NOOOOOOOOOO!! Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:-*

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7706 on: November 27, 2006, 12:52:30 pm »
OMG twin sista!!! It's your B'day on June 1st?? NOOOOOOOOOO!! Mine too!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

:-*

OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Is that spooky or what!!! :o :o :o :o woooweeee. brilliant. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #7707 on: November 27, 2006, 12:59:32 pm »
OMFG NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o Is that spooky or what!!! :o :o :o :o woooweeee. brilliant. ;D ;D ;D

YEAH REAL SPOOKY AND FREAKY but pretty COOL too!!! Jeeeeez twinnie ~ you're a Gemini too! WOW!  ;D  :-*

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #7708 on: November 27, 2006, 01:01:52 pm »
I urge everyone in my private friends group to read the following announcement:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/157321.html

I have read it louise!
thank you for letting us know
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7709 on: November 27, 2006, 01:03:53 pm »
Hiya everyone!

You all sure have been busy this morning!  ;)

Rings are going to the gallery asap.

I love the delmarriage definitions so far, maybe I'll think of something to add later!

June and July Souxi -  ;D Fancy you two having the same birthday!!  That explains a LOT!   ;D