Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3166882 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2520 on: August 02, 2006, 03:48:50 pm »

Thanks for the next chapter Louise--   I am glad you got it up today!  :)

An appropriate choice of words for the boys!    :laugh:

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2521 on: August 02, 2006, 03:59:48 pm »
the ensuing getting fancy in uniform chapter will be along in a little while, to conclude our update evening.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2522 on: August 02, 2006, 04:04:04 pm »
I'll try to go back to doing more clothed E & E pix in the very very near future!  :P

Ummm.....no hurry, really, we don't mind.....we wouldn't want to rush you!  You just stick with the sudsy pix as long as you want!!!  ::)
What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2523 on: August 02, 2006, 04:22:10 pm »
I thought it would be a nice way to start the second half of our journey to 5000 posts!  ;D

:o   :-X   :P

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2524 on: August 02, 2006, 04:55:31 pm »
Update to "Shelter From the Storm"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/86830.html  "Chapter 45:  Roleplaying"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2525 on: August 02, 2006, 05:05:56 pm »
Ummm.....no hurry, really, we don't mind.....we wouldn't want to rush you!  You just stick with the sudsy pix as long as you want!!!  ::)

LOL ..Good to know Laurel, because I got one or 2 other, well, 'not-too-clad' E & E pix to post later.. :P

Louise - Looking forward to chapter 45!  ;)

Offline neatfreak

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2526 on: August 02, 2006, 06:02:17 pm »
 :o WHOOOWHEEE! I can't wait to hear Ennis explain this (ch. 45) to Ellery!

I'm having a darn-near perfect ending to my day: Lucise's pictures, Chapter 45, and a bowl of Haagen Daaz CPB Ellery ice cream. I 'm in heaven.

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #2527 on: August 02, 2006, 06:52:21 pm »
:o WHOOOWHEEE! I can't wait to hear Ennis explain this (ch. 45) to Ellery!

I'm having a darn-near perfect ending to my day: Lucise's pictures, Chapter 45, and a bowl of Haagen Daaz CPB Ellery ice cream. I 'm in heaven.

Thanks for phrasing the issue of chapter 45 in this way. Remember when Ellery was feeling vulnerable because of Beagle? He told Ennis, "I need my man inside me." Now Ennis knows exactly what Ellery meant, exactly what he was feeling.

The expert among us on vulnerable!Ennis is Natali, opinionista.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2528 on: August 02, 2006, 07:09:25 pm »
Thanks for phrasing the issue of chapter 45 in this way. Remember when Ellery was feeling vulnerable because of Beagle? He told Ennis, "I need my man inside me." Now Ennis knows exactly what Ellery meant, exactly what he was feeling.

The expert among us on vulnerable!Ennis is Natali, opinionista.

SPOILERS

Thanks Fred! But it was a wild guess. Well, this isn't Ennis normal reaction so I guessed something else was going on. He got very nervous after Sevigny's visit. He had a bad premonition, which got me thinking too, but I ain't gonna say anything!  ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2529 on: August 02, 2006, 07:14:57 pm »
SPOILERS

Thanks Fred! But it was a wild guess. Well, this isn't Ennis normal reaction so I guessed something else was going on. He got very nervous after Sevigny's visit. He had a bad premonition, which got me thinking too, but I ain't gonna say anything!  ;D

I was thinking as annoying as Sevigny can be, we probably need to thank him for asking the question that got Ennis riled.  :) In the earlier chapter, Ennis wanted to talk to Ellery about something, I hope he gets the opportunity to talk now.