Author Topic: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County (ARCHIVE)  (Read 540920 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was: Laramie Tales: New Working Title: Tales of Greenlea County
« Reply #1720 on: March 05, 2007, 06:18:17 am »
I have recently finished reading the biography of gay rock star Freddie Mercury. He reminds me of Ellery in many ways. Long hair, slender figure (28 inch waist) and a propensity for striking poses!

I thought I was the only! Freddie Mercury also makes me think of Ellery. However, I don't think Ellery is as flamboyant as Freddie was, but yeah there's something elleryish about him. 
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1721 on: March 05, 2007, 09:21:06 am »
I like that word  - "elleryish."  Now y'all have me wondering if Ellery can sing and what kind of music he likes!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1722 on: March 05, 2007, 09:29:27 am »
I like that word  - "elleryish."  Now y'all have me wondering if Ellery can sing and what kind of music he likes!

Marie

We asked the question about the music before, and never got an answer. Remember the day he went for drive in his new car...tearing down the highway with the radio on full blast. What was he listening to?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1723 on: March 05, 2007, 09:33:31 am »
Here's some Ellery goodness for all of us lovesick homesick Ellery fans...

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1724 on: March 05, 2007, 11:26:56 am »
We asked the question about the music before, and never got an answer. Remember the day he went for drive in his new car...tearing down the highway with the radio on full blast. What was he listening to?

L

Oh, that's right!  I think that was the only time we've seen Ellery listening to music - and I love that image of him "tearing down the highway with the radio on full blast." 

This is vital information, Louise.  Seriously. 

Marie

P.S.  Gawdamighty, Leslie, talk about images.  How am I supposed to get any work done today knowing that that picture is just a click away? 

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1725 on: March 05, 2007, 11:40:36 am »

P.S.  Gawdamighty, Leslie, talk about images.  How am I supposed to get any work done today knowing that that picture is just a click away? 

This is why you need two computers...or maybe three. One for chat, one for looking at Ellery and one for work. The work one can be old and decrepit and while you wait for files to load and so on, you can be chatting and looking at pictures.

L

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #1726 on: March 05, 2007, 01:43:19 pm »
This is why you need two computers...or maybe three. One for chat, one for looking at Ellery and one for work. The work one can be old and decrepit and while you wait for files to load and so on, you can be chatting and looking at pictures.

L

Ah ha!  So that's your secret.  LOL!!!

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1728 on: March 05, 2007, 04:06:54 pm »
all I had time for today was Part 1 of the Epilogue.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/213817.html  "Epilogue: A Private Party"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #1729 on: March 05, 2007, 04:16:04 pm »
Part 1 is good enough for us. Thanks, Louise.

L