Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2123008 times)

Dagi

Re: Dumb Sheep (part 2)
« Reply #280 on: June 19, 2007, 07:17:54 am »
You're very welcome, sweetheart.  I'm glad you like it.  I was worried there for a moment...

Why the hell were you worried? I asked you to make it sweet, and you not only made it sweet but sexy and beautiful!

You are one hell of a writer, Marie, you leave all of us here breath- and speachless.

Dagis

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #281 on: June 19, 2007, 07:24:20 am »
Toycoon and Marie,

the rope scene is one of my favorites, too, allthough it is so heartbreaking I sometimes can hardly stand it. The thought  of Ennis avoiding to look Jack in the eye for fear of losing control is sweet and sad. Sweet and sad, OMG how many times have we all used these words speaking about Ennis and Jack?

Dagi

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The BetterMost "Jack with Ennis" Love-In
« Reply #282 on: June 19, 2007, 09:21:25 am »
I GARY, .... and
I Susiebell, I Littlewing1957, I Dagi, I Merrily and IClyde-B!

I'm starting to become very fond of David-Indiana, too.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #283 on: June 19, 2007, 11:13:46 am »
This is a drabble that I wrote...thought you all might enjoy it!

Brokeback Mountain
July, 1963

At last, it was hot.

Summer had finally come to the mountain and the heat of the day lingered into the evening. Jack pulled the blankets out of the tent and spread them by the campfire. “C’mere, cowboy,” he said, pulling Ennis by the hand. “I want ta love ya under the stars,” turning to look at the inky darkness overhead.

“Wha….?” said Ennis, his voice slurred.

Jack bit his tongue. The love word had slipped out. He hadn’t meant to say it, but he knew now that he was desperately, hopelessly in love with this man. Tall, lean, with bony wrists and long legs, he realized he adored everything about him from the way he smiled at him over a can of beans to the way he said “Huh?” when he was confused.

“C’mon,” said Jack softly, pushing Ennis back to the blanket, unbuttoning his shirt and sliding it off his shoulders. He ran his tongue down Ennis’s chest, stopping at the twirl of hair around his navel, unbuckling his belt.

“I think I’m drunk…” said Ennis, his head lolling back on the blanket.

How drunk, Ennis? thought Jack. Drunk enough that if I say ‘I love you,’ you won’t remember it in the morning? Drunk enough that if I say I want to be with you forever, you’ll say yes?

“Ennis, I…”

“Shhh, Jack, stop talkin’,” said Ennis, turning onto his side and pulling Jack in for a rough kiss. “Let’s get ta the lovin’.”

Jack froze, the word hanging in the air between them.

“Under the stars…”
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #284 on: June 19, 2007, 12:01:22 pm »
So romantic and tender, MaineWriter.  Also just a little sad that Jack is afraid of revealing too much.  Thanks so much for sharing it with us.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.

So the drabblefest thread is another place to post fanfic?

Yes. We post three prompts a day and people write drabbles (100 to 300 words) in response to the prompts. There is some really terrific writing going it...the "fest" started on January 31st and we just passed 100 pages.

BTW, are you from Maine?  I ask because I went up there with my sister a few years ago.  We visited Freeport, Bar Harbor, and Acadia National Park.  I loved it!  If the winters weren't so harsh I'd consider moving there.

Yes, I work in Portland and live just down the road in Westbrook. We've been here since 1980. And the harsh winters...well, that's a story we've cooked up to keep people away.  ;) The weather is really not that bad. I lived in Chicago for 2 years and that was alot worse!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Dagi

Re: Dumb Sheep (part 2)
« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2007, 02:13:09 pm »
Hi there Dagi,

I know what you're saying, and no I wasn't offended.  I too think that sex is a beautiful expression, and we're damn lucky that we have it.  And it's true that it has often been maligned in our culture.  Also, people who do the maligning often do so by insinuating that sex is dirty, etc.

But they say it's dirty as if that's a bad thing.  I'm a country boy, and I'm an avid amateur gardener.  I've planted plants and flowers all around my house, and I put in a vegetable garden in my back yard.  Dirt is not something that's bad in my view.  I love dirt.   :D  And when I suggest that sex is dirty, I ean it in the best possible way.  There's something so basic about sex, like planting a seed in the ground.  It's very earthy, and you might have to wash your hands after--along with other things--but that doesn't make it bad, and whoever thinks it does has been cooped up in a sanitized apartment in the city way too long.

I hope that helps you understand what I mean when I say I love it when the boys do nasty shit to each other.   :P  I'm speaking as the guy from rural West Virginia who just put humus laced with dung on his tomato plants.

Gary

Now I really KNOW that I love you, Gary.

I´ve been thinking and worrying about my post all day long, and I am so relieved now.

You know, thank goddess I have not been cooped up in a sanitized apartment in the city for too long, and earth under my fingernails is something I am

really used to, thanks to my garden. I too love the earthy, natural aspect of sex. So I´m glad to hear that you don´t use the word subconsciousely in a

bad sense. Really, I should have known that before you told me, honey, I can tell by the way you write about our boys. I was in an odd mood, and I´m

a very spontaneous girl, that´s why I sometimes say/write things without thinking it over.

A big hug !

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Cabin Fever
« Reply #286 on: June 19, 2007, 02:14:42 pm »

Hey .... don't leave me out .... ....

.... I want to be a member of the I GARY fan club too ....

you're a darling Gary ....

Love Susie

Where can I subscribe? ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #287 on: June 19, 2007, 02:17:13 pm »
P.S.  100-300 words, huh?  Seems I'm always over the limit.   :-\

A "true" drabble is 100 words exactly. We have a bit more leeway and yes, people do go over, but we try to stay to the limit, as much as possible.

L

Dagi

« Reply #288 on: June 19, 2007, 02:21:46 pm »

How drunk, Ennis? thought Jack. Drunk enough that if I say ‘I love you,’ you won’t remember it in the morning? Drunk enough that if I say I want to be with you forever, you’ll say yes?

MaineWriter, I can´t begin to tell you.... you moved me to tears. Don´t have no words at the moment. Give us more, please!

Dagi

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #289 on: June 19, 2007, 02:34:58 pm »

MaineWriter, I can´t begin to tell you.... you moved me to tears. Don´t have no words at the moment. Give us more, please!

Dagi

I'll see what I can do.... ;)  Thanks for the kind words!

Leslie
MaineWriter

PS, Dagi, where are you located?