Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2122528 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #360 on: June 22, 2007, 08:06:47 am »
Here's another little tidbit from the Lazy L universe...

Lazy L Farm
Quanah, TX
August 31, 1976

Ennis leaned against the wall of the bathroom, watching Jack as he rubbed shaving cream across his face, then picked up his razor. “I like watchin’ ya shave,” he commented.

“Ya do?”

Ennis nodded.

“What, ya think it’s sexy or somethin’?”

Ennis shrugged. “Mebbe sexy, I dunno, mebbe just a guy thing.”

Jack smiled at him as he continued to scrape the razor across his cheek. “A guy thing, huh?” he said, with a small wink. “Yer gay, En, y’know that.”

“Yeah, I know,” replied Ennis, looking down at his feet.

“Ever get a shave from a barber?”

Ennis shook his head no. “Ain’t got the money for that kind a stuff,” he said. “Besides, I ain’t sure I’d like some guy rubbin’ his hands all over my face.”

“Ya like me rubbin’ my hands on your face…”

“Yer diff’rent.”

“True.” Jack finished his shave, washing the remnants of cream off his face and rinsing his razor in the running water. “Who cut yer hair?”

Ennis looked puzzled. “What d’ya mean?”

“I mean, did ya go ta the barber for that?”

“Oh, no. My mama cut my hair, then my sister, then Alma.”

“But ya ain’t been with Alma for a while. Who’s been cuttin’ it now?”

“I tried ta do it myself,” said Ennis, his voice soft.

Jack stepped close to his lover and ran his fingers through his hair. “I could probably cut yer hair,” he said. “Not too hard ta learn ta do…”

Ennis didn’t say anything, just felt Jack’s touch and gentle caress at the base of his skull.

“Ain’t cuttin’ off the curls, though,” he said, leaning in for a kiss.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #361 on: June 22, 2007, 10:09:31 am »
What a loving scene, Dagi.  You make us sound like a family, and that gives me the warm fuzzies.   :)

To tell you the truth I've been having powerful waves of loneliness sweep over me this past month.  I'm an extremely shy person, and I've been living here in this little town in WV.  There hasn't been much opportunity for me to make friends.  I came back here to be with my parents, and now that their gone I feel like a fish out of water. 

I also feel kind of panicky sometimes, espeically at night.  I'm worried about all kinds of things.  I'm worried about finding an apartment.  I'm worried about passing the application process once I do find an apartment.  I'm worried about getting all my stuff from point A to point B.  I'm worried about running out of money.  I'm worried about making new friends once I'm resettled.  Will I find a way of doing that?  I'm worried about getting sick and having no one to call on.  I'm simply worried.

So thanks for the image of all of us together, accepting each other, supporting each other, expressing affection, and enjoying one another's company.

Gary

Gary,

I had a rough week, myself, last Friday was the anniversary of my mom's death and Sunday was, of course, Father's day.  I'm just catching up on my reading now.

Listen bud, you may have trouble saying hi, but I think all of us here would be surprised if you had trouble making friends.  All you have to do is show them what you've showed us.  They'll be hooked.

Dagi

« Reply #362 on: June 22, 2007, 01:55:55 pm »
Crazy dream, Dagi! I love that image of all of us, so cozy and interlocked. I felt so at home here.

I read some thing on another thread that made me a little sad, though.
I don't want to get into it because I don't want to make any assumptions. But it doesn't seem right to me.

Hi Toycoon.
The dream stayed with me the whole day, and made me feel all fuzzy and warm. I do consider you part of my family.

Could you just explain to me what you meant with that last sentence?

Dagi

Dagi

Re: Coming Down
« Reply #363 on: June 22, 2007, 02:00:31 pm »
Yeppers, that's me.   ;D  But don't ask Dagi.  She'll tell you it's her grandmother.   :P

Gary

Hey you good-looking fella, I want to see a bigger photo! Äh, please! How old did you say you are? You look like about 30. :D

So nice to see your face finally! I like it!

Dagi

Re: Love or no love
« Reply #364 on: June 22, 2007, 02:12:16 pm »
intensely confused aggression blinded Ennis so much, he could hardly see through his tears.

oh Toycoon, you know Ennis so well. I feel this aggression, too, I want to punch Jack so hard...

Dagi

« Reply #365 on: June 22, 2007, 02:16:47 pm »

Dagi, that was great - could visualize all of it.  I read Susie's comments too.  You had one heck of a dream there.  You got me right too - as I read everyone's stories, I just want to hug every one of you and hold you tight because you are extending my enjoyment of this wonderful movie - that the mainstream has obviously yet to honor.  6th Sense?  Lord of the Rings?  Saving Private Ryan?  None of those movies has the "content" or "relevence" that BBM has.  But since they are still honoring such movies as Gone with the Wind and Wizard of Oz, guess people would just rather live in the past or in a dream world.  Hurrumph.  I love you all though!

Merrily

Hi Merrily,

I didn´t have to think much about that, just wrote it down the way I could see it before my "inner eye". And I do not only see you hugging us, I can feel you hugging us.

Love, Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #366 on: June 22, 2007, 02:48:43 pm »
Here's another little tidbit from the Lazy L universe...

“What, ya think it’s sexy or somethin’?”

Ennis shrugged. “Mebbe sexy, I dunno, mebbe just a guy thing.”

Jack smiled at him as he continued to scrape the razor across his cheek. “A guy thing, huh?” he said, with a small wink. “Yer gay, En, y’know that.”

“Yeah, I know,”
replied Ennis, looking down at his feet.

I just love it when you let the guys speak out loud all those things we never heard them say. I think I may have to write some "Love you" story by myself, just for me, ´cause I need so hard to hear it in my mind..

Dagi

Re: Coming Down
« Reply #367 on: June 22, 2007, 06:01:43 pm »
Oh Dagi, sweetheart.  You tryin' to butter me up or somethin'?  Gosh, if I was there in Germany with ya, I'd clean your house and mow your lawn for that last statement.

Gary

You are very welcome to my house at any time, sweetheart, but I´d expect you to stay a little after cleaning it and mowing the lawn (what makes me think of spiceylife´s story, btw ::) )for a chat and a beer or two. Geez, I really would LOVE to meet all of you guys in personal... And of course I was trying to butter you up ;D. It worked, huh?

Dagi

Offline Clyde-B

Re: Indigo Twist-Del Mar
« Reply #368 on: June 22, 2007, 08:38:58 pm »

He watched as Jack lifted a laughing Indigo into the air, only to lower her and plant another wet kiss on her cheek.   

What a sweet idea Marie, thanks for this.

Offline Clyde-B

« Reply #369 on: June 22, 2007, 08:45:37 pm »
They were lying on the meadow, enjoying the warm sunset light.
Gary was stroking tenderly Dagi´s hair, her head resting in his lap. When she looked up, she could see Toycoon smiling, massaging Gary´s stiff shoulders, leaning with his back gainst Clyde´s back .
Dagi run her fingers through Susie´s wild brown hair since she was resting her head in Dagi´s lap, chatting without fullstops or commas about all the naughty things she would like to do once left alone with Jake, her words wrapping us up in a comforting sweet fog.
Marie was giving Susie a professional footrub, but every now and then she turned around to her laptop when she was overwhelmed by the inner urge to writewritewrite.
Merrily hugged us all with looong arms in a tight warm embrace.
Spiceylife kept running around us in circles, flattering like a babybird, singing <I feel like a virgin...posting for the very first time...!>

This was one odd dream, yet when I woke up, it felt  so real.

Dagi

Was this meadow just outside Paris in the '20's?

Thanks for getting us all together Dagi.