Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2119581 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Secretary
« Reply #580 on: June 30, 2007, 02:18:42 am »
littlewing, I hope the ... means that we are going to have a Part 2?  Kind of a mystery you got going on there.  

M

I don't know Merr, I'll see!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Sweet Talk
« Reply #581 on: June 30, 2007, 02:21:16 am »
There's more than one.  Every topic I look at is like that.  And, I went on another movie board yesterday and the same thing was going on.  To think I put up with that for so long.  I am so glad to be here and that our "gang" is here too.  There is such a positive atmosphere here.

I felt like you for so long - couldn't bear to leave, but going back is a real wakeup call.

M

I'm only there for one reason, and I can't leave until I'm satisfied..oh, I'll tell you later.  :)

Dagi

« Reply #582 on: June 30, 2007, 08:04:18 am »
Trisha walked into Aguirre’s trailer carrying a thermos of coffee and a dozen donuts.  Joe Aguirre hired Trisha Smith as his secretary a few months after Ennis and Jack left Brokeback.  Paperwork was piling up, and he needed someone to help with the phones, typing, hiring.  Jack Twist just left, looking for work, moments before Trisha arrived.

“Who was that, Mr. Aguirre?"  Trisha asked with a twinkle in her eye as she handed Joe his coffee and donuts.

“Was he looking for work?”

Aguirre sipped at his coffee and took a bite of a French cruller.  “Yeah, that pissant had the nerve to return here looking for a job.”  Aguirre began.  “But after the way he behaved last year, ain’t no way in hell I’m gonna rehire Jack Twist!”  Trisha took a seat behind her desk.

“Well, he sure is a handsome man!”  Trisha began as she poured herself a cup of warm coffee from the thermos.  “I sure would like to be friends with someone like him!”

Aguirre studied Trisha and wondered if he made a mistake in hiring someone.  But there was work to be done, and he couldn’t do it all by himself.  Trisha came highly recommended, finished at the top of her class in secretarial school.  But she was young, lovely, single, and somewhat desperate.  Aguirre supposed it was natural for Trisha to be attracted to the handsome Jack Twist.

“You’re wastin’ your time there, my girl!”  Aguirre told Trisha with a smirk.  And he remembered several months back when he made a trip to camp to see his hands, Jack Twist and Ennis Del Mar.  Aguirre couldn’t recall why he went up there to see them, but he’ll never forget what he saw!

“Now enough of this idle chit chat!”  Aguirre admonished Trisha with a point of his finger.  “Back to work!”

“What a mean ole fart!”  Trisha thought as she turned to her typewriter.  But she was never one to be discouraged from pursuing something she wanted.  When Aguirre left the trailer to inspect the herd, Tricia grabbed his rolodex and looked for the name and number of one Jack Twist…

Hi Littlewing, what are you up to now?

I liked that Arguirre didn´t remember why he had come up to Jack but remembered well what he had seen :laugh:. I bet our boys left some impression

here... (makes me think of Miss Parker...! )

Dagi

Offline Clyde-B

• Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #583 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:04 am »
  Tricia grabbed his rolodex and looked for the name and number of one Jack Twist…

Marie,

When you were writing this you didn't happen to get a look at the number did you?   ;D

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #584 on: June 30, 2007, 12:38:13 pm »

Hi Shasta darlin'.  I think maybe you're over thinking it a bit.   ;D

Gary

LOL, Gary! What can I say? I'm a "visual" learner.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #585 on: June 30, 2007, 08:50:28 pm »
Marie,

When you were writing this you didn't happen to get a look at the number did you?   ;D

Clyde, I love you!  :) 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #586 on: June 30, 2007, 08:51:54 pm »

Hi Littlewing, what are you up to now?

I liked that Arguirre didn´t remember why he had come up to Jack but remembered well what he had seen :laugh:. I bet our boys left some impression

here... (makes me think of Miss Parker...! )

Dagi

:laugh:  :laugh:  Hi, Dagi!  This strange little tale has been at the back of my mind for awhile now.  I don't know if I'll continue it, though!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Jack's Turn (NC-17)
« Reply #587 on: June 30, 2007, 08:53:13 pm »
Thanks so much littlewing.  Your kind words mean a lot to me.   :)

Gary

You're more than welcome, Sweets!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #588 on: June 30, 2007, 08:58:29 pm »
Great story telling, littlewing.  You kept me wonding what was going to happen next.  And now I'm wondering if this will be the last we see of young Trisha.

Interesting what you did with Aguirre, too.  You kept his attitude toward Jack ambiguous.  I happen to be of the school that thinks Aguirre really didn't mind Jack and Ennis fooling around.  I think he's one of those honest day's work type people, and he was upset that some of the sheep had been lost, and some where mixed up with that other herd.  He referred to what he saw Jack and Ennis doing as stemming the rose which sounds kind of nutreal to me.  He implied they were goofing off and not doing their jobs, and he most pointed did not call them queers when obviously he could have.

I remember reading AP's comments were she said she had talked to an old guy who had been in Aguirre's position, and according to her, he told her that he sent boys up in the high meadows in pairs specifically so they could take care of each other if they got lonely.   ;)  I think Aguirre is practical in this way.  If stemming the rose had resulted in a higher survival rate for the sheep he would not have cared, would not have said anything about it, and would have hired Jack on for another summer.  That's just my take on the man, but I know the door is open for other views.

Gary

I totally agree with your views on Aguirre's attitude, Gary!  I think Aguirre was shocked, but okay with E&J's relationship.  I, too, read about livestock owners sending guys up in pairs in case they got lonely.  Aguirre probably felt the boys could take care of one another, and leave the sheep alone, if you know what I mean! ;)

Gary, I believe others expressed an interest in hearing more.  If you would like me to add to the story, I'll consider it!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Close Call
« Reply #589 on: June 30, 2007, 09:52:45 pm »
An 80 year old Ennis Del Mar returned to his home after a 2 month stay in the County Hospital.  He suffered a moderate heart attack, and the doctors released him reluctantly, and only under the condition that he had someone home at all times to look after him.  As it turned out, Alma Jr. was available to move in with her dad, as her husband passed away several years ago, and her 2 children left home even before Kurt died.  Ennis considered himself a very lucky man to not only survive an attack that could have killed him, but to have a loving daughter – well – 2 loving daughters!  Jenny bought him the house shortly before she moved overseas to pursue a singing career. 

Alma practically carried a still weak Ennis into the living room, and lowered him to the couch.  She made him as comfortable as she could before heading to the kitchen to put away the few groceries purchased earlier.  Ennis found himself alone in his living room and allowed his thoughts to drift back to his first night in the ICU.  He was groggy from the medicines, but he was certain he heard a familiar voice.  It was muffled and vague at first, but became clearer, louder.  Ennis was sure he heard the words, “Come to me, Baby!”  The voice was sad, hesitant.  Ennis knew who called him, but he wasn’t ready to go just yet. 

The hospital sent over a social worker to check on Ennis’ progress, and to make sure that someone was at the house to care for him.  Alma offered the young man a cup of coffee and left them alone to have a talk.  The young man asked Ennis if he was experiencing any depression, loneliness, fear, regret.  Ennis shook his head no, but thought he had better tell the worker about the voice he heard.  The young man listened to Ennis recount the words, “Come to me, Baby” with particular interest. 

“And you say you know who was calling you?”  The young man asked as he took notes.  “Why don’t you tell me who that person is?”

“Was!”  Ennis began.  “Was!”  He pulled his hand-made blanket up to his chin and fought back tears.

“His name was Jack Twist and we was herding sheep almost 60 years ago up on Brokeback Mountain….”