Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2123652 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #680 on: July 04, 2007, 12:55:20 am »
Hi Merrily,

I don't think the slowness of my computer is the problem.  My computer isn't generally slow.  I think I need some kind of update for that particular chat program.  When I say it won't load, I mean not at all, no matter how long I wait.

But even though I run into little problems like this from time to time, I am very happy to have a computer.   :)

Gary

P.S. You have a great 4th as well. 

I'm sure Susie is just thrilled that it's the 4th of July.   :P

I'm glad you have a computer as well, Gary!  I don't know what I would do without you...without all of you!  :-*

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Happy 4th of July, Jack Twist!
« Reply #681 on: July 04, 2007, 01:21:55 am »
I hope this little tale doesn't sound cheesy, but I had to do it!  Happy 4th, everyone!

Ennis looked at his wife with an expression that said, “Don’t you dare say anything else!”  He just kicked the crap out of a slop mouthed biker, one of 2 jerks who disrespected his family, and Alma looked at him like he lost his mind?  Ennis didn't understand her attitude!

“C’mon, let’s get out of here.”  Ennis said as he moved toward his wife and babies.  “I’m not in the mood for this anymore.”  Ennis picked up his daughters and placed one in each arm.  Alma collected the girls’ handmade blankets, along with the rest of their things and followed Ennis to the truck.

The apartment over the Laundromat was quiet, but the sky was alive with rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air.  Ennis was amazed that the girls were able to sleep through the racket.  Rowdies ran through the streets setting off firecrackers.  Teenagers shouted and threw bottles.  Dogs howled and ran for cover.  Alma was straightening the apartment, the ruckus with the bikers long forgotten.  She glanced at her husband and winked.  Ennis picked up on the signals, and thought, why the hell not?  He didn’t like hurting her, but the memory of Jack Twist!  The need was just too strong.  After he did what she hated, Alma curled up into a fetal position and fell asleep.  Ennis lay on his back and mouthed the words: “Happy 4th of July, Jack Fuckin' Twist!”
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 01:50:26 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #682 on: July 04, 2007, 03:20:45 am »
Nice one for the holiday, Littlewing!!

Sad tho. (Missin' Jack)  :'(
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #683 on: July 04, 2007, 06:02:38 am »
Hi Dagi,

I'd love to chat, but I can't get the chat room at this site to load.  I think I must need a software update or something.  I'm in West Virginia which is in the USA's Eastern time zone.  And right now we're on daylight savings time, which means you add an hour to the standard time.  (Do people in Europe have daylight savings time?  Or is that just a strange thing we American's do?)  In a few weeks I'll be moving to California, and that's three hours earlier.

Gary

Hi Gary,

you´ll have to go get yourself this software-update, ´cause what would a chat be like without you?

So what would be a good time for you (related to standard time)?

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #684 on: July 04, 2007, 06:05:45 am »
British Summer Time, huh?  I like that.  BTW, I used to get mixed up on the time difference, too.  I'm dyslexic and things like that give me a headache.  But then someone told me something that helps me remember.  Fall back, and Spring forward.  That says it all, doesn't it?

Gary

Thought you might be getting sick of the 4th of July, so here's the Union Jack.   :D  (The U.K.'s flag is named after Jack?)

Great! Now I´ll be able to remember it! Finally! Thank you Gary!

Dagi

Re: Happy 4th of July, Jack Twist!
« Reply #685 on: July 04, 2007, 06:10:23 am »
I hope this little tale doesn't sound cheesy, but I had to do it!  Happy 4th, everyone!

Ennis looked at his wife with an expression that said, “Don’t you dare say anything else!”  He just kicked the crap out of a slop mouthed biker, one of 2 jerks who disrespected his family, and Alma looked at him like he lost his mind?  Ennis didn't understand her attitude!

“C’mon, let’s get out of here.”  Ennis said as he moved toward his wife and babies.  “I’m not in the mood for this anymore.”  Ennis picked up his daughters and placed one in each arm.  Alma collected the girls’ handmade blankets, along with the rest of their things and followed Ennis to the truck.

The apartment over the Laundromat was quiet, but the sky was alive with rockets red glare, bombs bursting in air.  Ennis was amazed that the girls were able to sleep through the racket.  Rowdies ran through the streets setting off firecrackers.  Teenagers shouted and threw bottles.  Dogs howled and ran for cover.  Alma was straightening the apartment, the ruckus with the bikers long forgotten.  She glanced at her husband and winked.  Ennis picked up on the signals, and thought, why the hell not?  He didn’t like hurting her, but the memory of Jack Twist!  The need was just too strong.  After he did what she hated, Alma curled up into a fetal position and fell asleep.  Ennis lay on his back and mouthed the words: “Happy 4th of July, Jack Fuckin' Twist!”

:'( :'( :'(  Ennis lonely again.  :'( :'( :'( :'

I love your stories. The details always bring them to life. You should be a screen writer. I´d love to see your movies.

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #686 on: July 04, 2007, 01:48:46 pm »
Since I'd be chatting with you, Dagi dear, anytime would be a good time. 

:-* :-*                   :-* :-*
                                              :-* :-* :-* :-*    :-*:-* :-*:-*
                                                :-* :-* :-* :-*  :-* :-* :-*:-*
                                                 :-*:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
                                                  :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
                                                    :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
                                                       :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
                                                          :-* :-* :-* :-*
                                                              :-* :-* :-*
                                                                :-* :-*
                                                                   :-* 

« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:13:44 pm by Dagi »

Dagi

Re: Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar!
« Reply #687 on: July 04, 2007, 01:52:05 pm »
Happy 4th of July Ennis Del Mar by Susie

Jack leaned against the log, gazing sleepily up at the night sky, inky black above him, alight in the far distance, with a million sparkling colors.  Glowing embers flew up from the campfire, dancing in the breeze and gently settling near his feet, his own personal firework display.

He’d not been around these parts for a couple of years now, but today, drawn by some invisible force to this peaceful spot, he'd packed up his meagre belongings into his old pick up truck and made the fourteen hour trip, followed by a four hour hike, through the mountain to the place where they'd talked and laughed, and made love.

Wonder what he’s doin’ right now.  Wonder if he’s thinkin’ ‘bout me....  A twinge of sadness flowed through him as he raised his whiskey bottle to the sky and smiled hopefully, “Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar...."

Susie

Aw, Susie, why do you all have to make me so sad? I don´t want to think about their loneliness any more!! I don´t want to imagine Jack alone up on Brokeback! :'( :'( :'(

Beautiful story, nevertheless. As always!

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #688 on: July 04, 2007, 02:16:52 pm »
Why thank ya, sweet stuff Marie.  Don't know what I'd do without you, either.

Gary

I´d read more books, do more sports, eat more, tidy up and clean my house, iron my laundry,..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I´m so happy I found you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagi

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar!
« Reply #689 on: July 04, 2007, 02:20:19 pm »
Happy 4th of July Ennis Del Mar by Susie

Jack leaned against the log, gazing sleepily up at the night sky, inky black above him, alight in the far distance, with a million sparkling colors.  Glowing embers flew up from the campfire, dancing in the breeze and gently settling near his feet, his own personal firework display.

He’d not been around these parts for a couple of years now, but today, drawn by some invisible force to this peaceful spot, he'd packed up his meagre belongings into his old pick up truck and made the fourteen hour trip, followed by a four hour hike, through the mountain to the place where they'd talked and laughed, and made love.

Wonder what he’s doin’ right now.  Wonder if he’s thinkin’ ‘bout me....  A twinge of sadness flowed through him as he raised his whiskey bottle to the sky and smiled hopefully, “Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar...."

Susie

Glowing embers flew up from the campfire, dancing in the breeze and gently settling near his feet, his own personal firework display.

I love that visual. Sweet, sad story, Susie.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~