Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2121220 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Happy 4th of July, Jack Twist!
« Reply #690 on: July 04, 2007, 03:23:23 pm »
Very sweet, rather sad story littlewing!  Happy 4th July to you all!

Susie

Thanks Susie!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #691 on: July 04, 2007, 03:24:42 pm »

:'( :'( :'(  Ennis lonely again.  :'( :'( :'( :'

I love your stories. The details always bring them to life. You should be a screen writer. I´d love to see your movies.

Dagi

Thanks, Sweetheart!  You always make me feel so good about myself!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar!
« Reply #692 on: July 04, 2007, 03:27:20 pm »
Happy 4th of July Ennis Del Mar by Susie

Jack leaned against the log, gazing sleepily up at the night sky, inky black above him, alight in the far distance, with a million sparkling colors.  Glowing embers flew up from the campfire, dancing in the breeze and gently settling near his feet, his own personal firework display.

He’d not been around these parts for a couple of years now, but today, drawn by some invisible force to this peaceful spot, he'd packed up his meagre belongings into his old pick up truck and made the fourteen hour trip, followed by a four hour hike, through the mountain to the place where they'd talked and laughed, and made love.

Wonder what he’s doin’ right now.  Wonder if he’s thinkin’ ‘bout me....  A twinge of sadness flowed through him as he raised his whiskey bottle to the sky and smiled hopefully, “Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar...."

Susie

I love this tale, Susie.  Especially the ending when Ennis wonders if Jack is thing about him.  This is how it must have been...their thoughts were on each other during the holidays, even the quiet, special hours.  Lovely work, Susie!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #693 on: July 04, 2007, 03:28:04 pm »
Littlewing, the story was not the least bit cheesy.  I loved the way you embellished the scene in the film.  Very nice writing sweetie and how appropriate for the 4th of July.  You do have a way with words.  Poor Ennis missing Jack.  Poor Jack still getting beat up rodeoing. 

You rock honey.  Loved it.  Happy 4th of July!!!

Merrily

Thanks so much, Merr!  Happy 4th to you!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #694 on: July 04, 2007, 03:29:41 pm »
So very sad, littlewing.  But I think it's right on the money.  Even if the boys didn't know enough to call what they felt for each other love up on Brokeback, they experienced it.  And to go those four years without it, and without knowing if they'd ever have it again, must have been awful for both of them.

Gary

Thanks, Gary.  I think it is good that we never saw the boys calling each other.  If they managed to stay in touch, we wouldn't get the sense of loneliness, longing that the movie conveyed.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #695 on: July 04, 2007, 03:30:37 pm »
Why thank ya, sweet stuff Marie.  Don't know what I'd do without you, either.

Gary

You're very welcome, Baby! 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #696 on: July 04, 2007, 03:31:29 pm »
I´d read more books, do more sports, eat more, tidy up and clean my house, iron my laundry,..... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I´m so happy I found you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dagi

Dagi, that is so sweet!  Same here, Baby!  Same here!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Happy 4th of July, Ennis Del Mar!
« Reply #697 on: July 05, 2007, 01:17:08 am »
Hi Susie, Dagi helped me with my photo.  I tried but couldn't get it to be large enough.  So, you can tell what I look like now?  I guess that's good, huh?

In response to Gary, I don't think anyone ever bemoaned the fact that they didn''t WORK enough.  Note:  WORK is a 4-letter word!  My nights and days are do confused - don't ever know what time it is.  Never enough sleep, never enough. 

Merrily

Wow, Merr!  Thanks for posting another pic.  You look lovely!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

« Reply #698 on: July 05, 2007, 01:18:26 am »
I love all your emoticons too Merrily!  I think, between us, we're doing a fine job of animating this board! 

Susie  

I've got to get my emoticons!  I'm feeling plain and left out!!!!

Dagi

« Reply #699 on: July 05, 2007, 03:10:01 am »
I seriously doubt any of us are going to reach the end of our life and lay there on our death bed and wish we had spend more time doing housework.   :P

Gary

Ah, Gary, that´s exactly what I´m always thinking. And I know that I won´t regret a single second that I spent here with all of you.