Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2119765 times)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Commercial
« Reply #850 on: July 12, 2007, 11:41:51 pm »
How sweet this is, littlewing - a real slice of life for J & E!  What a beautiful thought, Jack cooking T-bones for Ennis, Ennis laughing out loud as he watches television, then the boys snuggling up on the couch after dinner.  This would be my wish for them...  Beautiful little story!  Thanks, Marie.   

Why thank you, Spicey Baby!  It is so good to see you here.  Thanks for your kind words!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #851 on: July 12, 2007, 11:47:55 pm »
Just realised, I've missed Spicey!!! 

Spiceylife    Clyde      Littlewing     Shasta      Dagi        Gary         Merrily          Susie      Toycoon

Susie

Susie, these are so cute!  Just adorable!  There I am, as I usually can be found, typing away on the computer!  :)

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Longest Night
« Reply #852 on: July 12, 2007, 11:51:00 pm »
I posted this on the 'other' board, but only posted half of it because it is AO/NC-17.  I think Toycoon read the whole thing, but I've altered some parts since then.  Man, I hope this is alright to post...

The Longest Night by spiceylife

Ah, yes, I remember this one very well!  I had to read it in stages as it was too hot to digest all at once!  Amazing writing, Spicey!  You have brought us into this tender, sweet, dreamlike world, and I don't want to leave!  Extraordinary!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #853 on: July 13, 2007, 12:00:08 am »
This is completely off topic, but I was watching Driving Miss Daisy last night, and an expression that I've heard all my life came up.  When someone isn't making much sense they are said to be "talking out of their head."  I got to thinking last night when I heard this.  What else would a person talk out of?  Their behind?   :P

Gary

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Reverb
« Reply #854 on: July 13, 2007, 12:02:44 am »
Reverb by garycottle

Wow, Gary, this is such a charming tale!  Very well written!  Reverb reads like part of a novel.  Will we read more about Tyler and Daniel?  Lovely work, Babe!

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: The Commercial
« Reply #855 on: July 13, 2007, 12:04:23 am »
Beautiful, littlewing.  It is small moments like that that we remember.  They distill the essence of a person.  It's so nice that Jack was able to be there to see that side of Ennis.  And I love the way you allow Jack and Ennis ceature comforts, a nice place to stay, good food.  Sounds like a very nice vacation.  Wonder if Don would let me stay in his cabin for  while.   ;D

Gary 

Thanks, Gary!  I'm dying to be a guest at Mr. Wroe's cabin, as well. 

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Farewell, Jack Twist!
« Reply #856 on: July 13, 2007, 12:31:50 am »
Aguirre sat at his desk and wondered why he still bothered.  He was well past the age of retirement, and had the good sense- or was it good fortune – to put away a nice nest egg.  He owned his house free and clear, and his children were all college grads and off about their lives.  He and his wife could be taking lazy, luxurious cruises, but he felt compelled to continue working.  He looked around his trailer at all the tasks that needed completing.  Trisha Smith quit a few months ago, but he never replaced her.  Joe Aguirre looked at his age spotted hands and managed a smile.  He was actually proud of all the things he accomplished, and found that he needed to work just a bit longer.  After all, he can rest when he is dead.

Aguirre rose from his desk to fetch himself a cup of coffee.  He noticed a stack of mail from yesterday that he hadn’t even bothered to open.  His coffee mug in hand, Joe Aguirre sat back down and scanned the dozen or so letters that he neglected earlier.  Most were bills, and a few were invitations to local town meetings.  He noticed one letter encased in a fancy red envelope.  Curious, Aguirre opened this one.  It was an obituary of sorts.  Joe’s mouth dropped as he read Jack Twist’s funeral announcement.

Aguirre sat the announcement on his desk and took a swig of the hot brew.   He couldn’t believe that the sweet, handsome, good-for-nothin’ Jack Twist was deceased.  Aguirre examined the envelope for a return address.  There was none.  He wondered who could have sent the notice, and why?  And instantly, Aguirre was transported back to that summer when he hired a one Ennis Del Mar and Jack Twist to herd sheep for him.   He remembered giving them his point of view, cringed when he recalled telling them to break the rules.  And then he saw them!  Witnessed the rough housing, knew that they stemmed the rose to pass the time up there.  Aguirre always wondered if Ennis and Jack ever kept in touch.  How was Ennis handling the news of Jack’s death?  Did he know?  Aguirre reached into his desk and pulled out the company checkbook.  He fetched his rolodex and found the address of Mr. and Mrs. John Twist. 

« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 12:40:24 am by littlewing1957 »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Re: Reverb
« Reply #857 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:13 am »
Thank you so much, littlewing.  I'm not sure if we'll see any more ofTyler and Daniel.  Those two characters are clearly defined in my mind, so maybe I'll write about them again.  I obviously adore them, and I can imagine writing a whole novel about how they grew up together, how they fell in love, and what happened after that.  Susie wants me to write about what happens in the tent later that night after their first kiss.  That sounds pretty hot to me.  I think I might do that in a day or two.   ;D

Gary

Thanks, Sweetheart!  I, too, adore Daniel and Tyler.  A tent scene featuring those 2 sounds pretty tempting!  I can't wait to read it.  Your tale reminds me of my daughters school and how different things are here and now.  Maria tells me that guys (and not a few of the girls) come out all the time, and there are several same sex couples at her school.  This is all completely accepted, even celebrated, and the teachers out themselves on a regular basis.  You'll see what I mean once you move here.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Lucise Fanart
« Reply #858 on: July 13, 2007, 12:38:32 am »

Offline Luvlylittlewing

Bad dream
« Reply #859 on: July 13, 2007, 01:18:07 am »
Ennis awoke with a start.  This time the pillow was wet!  Well, so were the sheets!  Ennis had a dream: a recurring nightmare that terrified and excited him at the same time.  This time Jack was alive and walking intently down a Mexican alley.  He stopped in front of a decent looking man, a lad who looked a lot like Ennis.  Ennis twitched and shuddered as he saw Jack and the hustler walk off into the shadows.

Wide awake now, Ennis tried to turn over.  It was no good.  The rank sheets were holding him prisoner.  He sighed audibly and pulled at the cheap, twisted bed clothes in an attempt to free himself.  “Jack, how could you do that to me?”  Ennis mumbled as he finally forced himself free.  He tried to keep his heart steady as he imagined Jack kissing, caressing, gentling another man.  It was a little more than he could bear.

“Maybe we should go to Mexico!”  Ennis remembered Jack telling him right before he put 2 and 2 together.  He wanted to punch Jack until he bled.  A part of him died that day, and Ennis found that many months later, the wound had not healed.   “Jack fuckin’ Twist, if you was alive, I would kill your ass!”  Ennis screamed as he somehow found the strength to get up and face the day.