Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2123123 times)

Dagi

Re: Jack Gets It Right
« Reply #1160 on: July 28, 2007, 01:14:34 pm »
Jack Gets It Right by garycottle

Ennis refused to help, so Jack was left to pack everything up all by himself.

While Jack disassembled their summer home, his friend sat up on the hill above camp and pouted like a small boy who had just seen his pup run over by a car.

Jack went up to Ennis when his work was done and sat beside him–close, but not too close–and there he waited patiently in somber, respectful silence until the young man put his arms around him and began to sob.

Gary,

I read your post about what Jack should have done, so sweet to read it as a story now!
I knew you can be tight  ;D! (Quote Gary: the word ´power bottom´ comes to my mind)

Dagi

Dagi

« Reply #1161 on: July 28, 2007, 04:34:30 pm »
Three sentences, and no semicolons.  We're talkin' shoehorn kind of tight here.   ;D

Thanks so much Dagi sweetheart.  I'm really glad you liked it, and thanks for telling me you read my piece over at IMDb.  I seriously do think that Jack made a huge mistake in the way he handled their departure from Brokeback, and I get the feeling that one of the reasons Ennis was so stubborn about giving into Jack after that is because Jack let him down on that day.

Ennis had given into Jack up on Brokeback.  He swallowed all of his fear and self-loathing and he gave himself over to Jack.  In that second tent scene, Ennis went in willingly.  And he let Jack take charge. 

Ennis wanted Jack to tell him how to handle their departure, too.  He wanted Jack to fix it, because he suddenly realized that he didn't want the summer to end, ever.  He may have agreed to a "one shot thing" at the beginning, but he knew he wanted more when it was time to go down the mountain.  You could plainly see that all over his face.  But Jack didn't make the offer.  He pretended like their parting was nothing, a joke even.  And that crushed Ennis.  And I don't think that Ennis ever fully trusted Jack again.

Gary

And can you please tell me why talking about this still brings tears to my eyes and chokes me up and makes me all emotional and makes me want to yell at them and grab them by their shoulders and shake them until they wake up and tell each other what they are feeling? It´s crazy....

shoehorn? outch :o

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Comfort
« Reply #1162 on: July 29, 2007, 01:32:45 am »
Marie, your writing is so fascinating. This was sweet and erotic and sad and comforting at the same time. This was so much like the Jack I figure in my mind.
Thank you!

Dagi

Thank you, Dagi.  And who says we didn't miss you?  I felt your absence, make no mistake about it!  :)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1163 on: July 29, 2007, 02:07:16 am »
Thank you, littlewing.  Did you notice it was only three sentences?  I wanted Toycoon to know that I can be just as tight as anybody when I want to be.   ;D

Gary

Gary, I never doubted your tautness for a moment. I wanted to be sure you weren't leaky! :laugh:
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1164 on: July 29, 2007, 10:39:21 am »
My 600th post! And thank you, Littlewing, honey, you see I´m just as insecure as Gary  ::)!

Dagi  ;D

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1165 on: July 29, 2007, 11:01:31 am »
I was away for 36 hours and nobody missed me. Actually this was a test  ;D, but I didn´t hold out to the end. So, here I am again.

Dagi

Where have ya been, Dagi? You don't have to test us, we're loyal through and though!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #1166 on: July 29, 2007, 01:13:36 pm »
Where have ya been, Dagi? You don't have to test us, we're loyal through and though!

I know, Toycoon, it was a joke. My absence must have had something to do with my kids and my household and my excessive PM writing .

Dagi
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 02:30:33 pm by Dagi »

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Clouds
« Reply #1167 on: July 30, 2007, 09:20:03 am »
Clouds by Toycoon

Lying in the warm heather, face up and head to head, Jack and Ennis looked like pair of Siamese twins joined at the crown and despite the close proximity of their heads, their minds could not have been further apart.

Pointing to the sky, Ennis remarked about the clouds, "That one looks like a sheep... or a horse or a camel or... a coyote...," his voice trailing off and his mood suddenly going dark.

"Well, I see a big bottle of whiskey and a cowboy, no wait, two cowboys and shee-it, they're matin'!" giggled Jack, flipping over then propping himself up on his elbows and kissing Ennis' forehead, the bridge of his nose and concentrating on his parted lips.

Dagi

Re: Clouds
« Reply #1168 on: July 30, 2007, 01:19:07 pm »
Clouds by Toycoon

Lying in the warm heather, face up and head to head, Jack and Ennis looked like pair of Siamese twins joined at the crown and despite the close proximity of their heads, their minds could not have been further apart.

Pointing to the sky, Ennis remarked about the clouds, "That one looks like a sheep... or a horse or a camel or... a coyote...," his voice trailing off and his mood suddenly going dark.

"Well, I see a big bottle of whiskey and a cowboy, no wait, two cowboys and shee-it, they're matin'!" giggled Jack, flipping over then propping himself up on his elbows and kissing Ennis' forehead, the bridge of his nose and concentrating on his parted lips.

Hi Toycoon,

I remember this from imdb, and it has always been one of my favorite of your superb 3s pieces! Sweet and ....sweet ......and sweet! I love Jack so much, and most of all I love him for loving his man so much. Thank you, big brother!

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Cooked Goose
« Reply #1169 on: July 30, 2007, 08:46:47 pm »
Cooked Goose by Littlewing 1957

Ennis rode into camp unusually chipper, whistling a happy tune.   Jack was leaning down, tending the fire, making it ready to cook a can of beans.  Ennis dismounted and walked up behind his lover, hiding something behind his back.  Jack turned to face him, delighted to see Ennis in such a good mood.

“What’s got into you, Friend?”  Jack asked as Ennis continued to whistle.  Ennis pulled a small burlap bag from behind his back, and handed it to Jack.

“Well, you was always goin’ on about how you’re sick of beans.  I got a surprise for you, Bud!”  Jack opened the sack, and whistled himself! 

“Why, Ennis, this here is a goose!”  Where in the hell did you get a goose?"  Jack asked, amused now.

“Outta the sky, dumbass!  Where do you think I got em?”  Ennis said as he made a gesture of firing a rifle into the heavens.   Jack laughed and placed the goose next to the can of beans.  They would eat good tonight.

Jack knew how to dress a goose from watching his ma.  Mrs. Twist prepared goose only for special occasions.  Jack never told anyone, but he liked the smell of the goose’s innards as his mom squeezed the entrails from the bird.  Jack plucked, disemboweled, and seasoned the bird as best he could.  When Ennis sat down to eat, he had a feast of stone biscuits, beans, and goose.  After the meal was finished, both boys sat together, shoulder –to-shoulder in companionable silence.  Jack held Ennis’ hand and coughed a bit.

“Hey, Bud, you ain’t comin’ down with a cold, are ya?”  Ennis asked as Jack continued to cough.

“I don’t know, En, I hope not!”  Jack answered between coughs.  Ennis rose from the ground and fetched the pot that Jack used to cook the goose.  He dug his fingers into the goose fat and turned toward his lover.  Jack saw Ennis’ fingers covered with fat and backed away.

“What are you gonna do with that?”  Jack asked, hands in front of him, warding Ennis off.

“Look, Bud, just trust me!"  Ennis began as he unbuttoned Jack’s shirt.  Jack relaxed and let Ennis have his way.  He was never one to refuse his lover’s touch! 

“The goose grease is good for fightin’ off colds.  My ma used to rub us down with the stuff whenever we started coughin.”  Jack was still as Ennis rubbed the fat onto his chest.

“There!”  Ennis said once the goose grease was all absorbed.  “I guarantee you’ll feel better come tomorrow.  If not, I’ll put some more on you.”  Jack wasn’t crazy about the smell of the goose fat, and he never heard of this particular home remedy, but he was willing to give it a try.  It wouldn’t do to come down with a cold or the flu - too much work to be done.   

Evening and Ennis was preparing to leave.  Jack packed him a snack of stone biscuits, and what was left of the goose.  Watching Ennis load up the horse made Jack very horny! 

“Listen friend, can’t you stay for just an hour or so more?”  Jack whispered in his lover’s ear.  I have a bit more of that goose fat handy.  I think I know what else we can use it for!”  Jack winked at his lover, who smiled knowingly.  Ennis followed Jack into the tent.