Author Topic: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition  (Read 2122932 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: One Night up on Brokeback
« Reply #1200 on: August 02, 2007, 01:55:00 am »
Another incredibly weird story, Miss Littlewing1957. First the 'goose grease', now the bug bites! I could understand if Jack was 'goosing' Ennis and giving him 'love' bites but this is getting very strange. It reads almost like a fever dream. Are you feeling OK?   ::)

I can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow...
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

Dagi

« Reply #1201 on: August 02, 2007, 06:49:00 am »
Another incredibly weird story, Miss Littlewing1957. First the 'goose grease', now the bug bites! I could understand if Jack was 'goosing' Ennis and giving him 'love' bites but this is getting very strange. It reads almost like a fever dream. Are you feeling OK?   ::)

What a coincidence that a few days ago I came across exactly this of all expressions while standing in a bookshop leafing through a book about American Slang. Now I think I should go back and buy it, maybe it´ll help me when I´m writing my next raunchy story  ;D...

Dagi

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1202 on: August 02, 2007, 04:02:49 pm »

Well, thanks, Baby!  It will be interesting to see what I write down.  I don't know what I'll be feeling half the time, myself!  :laugh:

moremojo

A Stormy Night
« Reply #1203 on: August 02, 2007, 08:30:10 pm »
"Close it up!" cried Jack, shuddering to the brutal, icy force of the hail that was beginning to pelt the tent, whereupon Ennis, torn between his fear for the sheep and gratitude for the shelter that both Jack and the tent provided, complied; they drew the flap tightly, their hands brushing together.

"Whew, friend, I told you Brokeback was rough", Jack said, his exhaustion and tension receding before the warmth and desire that filled him looking into Ennis's guarded brown eyes--eyes that had seen too little of the comfort and beauty that Jack knew to be in the world.

Jack noticed Ennis slightly shivering, whether from cold or some unnamed fear he couldn't tell, whereupon Jack said, softly, "C'mere, Ennis, it'll be allright"; thus gently drawing his friend's head to his beating breast, the pounding hail a wordless litany for desires unmapped, hopes yet to be born.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Introducing the "Jack with Ennis" Fan Fic Game - the BetterMost Edition
« Reply #1204 on: August 02, 2007, 09:12:15 pm »
Scott--you painted a lovely picture with your 3 lines!!! Great story---I love the cozy feeling that it gives.
 :)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

moremojo

« Reply #1205 on: August 02, 2007, 09:15:13 pm »
Thanks, Shasta! I realized after posting that I had essentially recreated the second tent scene, but I hope the sincerity of my intentions outweighs the lapses in my imagination.

I like this three-line formula--it has a brevity pregnant with all kind of poetic potential, just like the haiku that I love so much.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #1206 on: August 02, 2007, 10:39:18 pm »
Yeah, I love it, MoreMojo! 

(You can give us more of that mojo any time!!)

moremojo

« Reply #1207 on: August 02, 2007, 10:40:31 pm »
(You can give us more of that mojo any time!!)
Sure enough! :D

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: A Stormy Night
« Reply #1208 on: August 02, 2007, 10:40:40 pm »
Jack noticed Ennis slightly shivering, whether from cold or some unnamed fear he couldn't tell, whereupon Jack said, softly, "C'mere, Ennis, it'll be allright"; thus gently drawing his friend's head to his beating breast, the pounding hail a wordless litany for desires unmapped, hopes yet to be born.

Moremojo,
I'm glad you appreciate the 3 sentence format. I feel the same way about it you do: there's a elegance to the brevity that's difficult to explain. Trying to fit as much emotion and eroticism into three sentences as the author can manage is a fun challenge (to me anyway). Excellent first post!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

moremojo

« Reply #1209 on: August 02, 2007, 10:43:03 pm »
Thank you, Toycoon, and thanks for initiating such a rewarding project.