Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9199506 times)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10690 on: February 10, 2012, 12:29:45 pm »
Good Luck Chuck! Knock 'em dead!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #10691 on: February 10, 2012, 02:51:05 pm »
Time for me to go!  See you all after the weekend!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #10692 on: February 11, 2012, 11:21:04 am »
Enjoy Chuck!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10693 on: February 13, 2012, 06:00:27 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yes, that's a capture from Madonna's "Give Me All Your Lovin'" song, and I'm posting that because today at 10:00 I was able to grab a ticket for the Madonna show at Yankee Stadium in September.

;D

The weekend away was fun, but exhausting.  I shared a room with a friend who snored!  ugh!  I was still able to get some sleep, but I never really sleep well in a strange bed, and when you add snoring to the mix, it doesn't help.  I feel badly because I don't know if I snore or not!  LOL

There have been times I've roomed with people and I was told I snore, but then I'd room with someone else and I would warn them that I snore, and they would tell me later they didn't hear me snore.

*shrugs*  Perhaps if my allergies are acting up, it can make me snore at certain times.

Anyway, the bowling was fun, I had three singles games (me against 7 other bowlers), one doubles event (me and Joseph against 3 other teams of two) and a team event (one team of 4 against another).   Out of 9 games, 8 of them were above average.  Of course, when your average is about 110, that's not so hard to do!  LOL

One small wrinkle in the weekend, I got back to Jersey and was dropping one of the bowlers off, and when she got out, I think she knocked my Blackberry out of the car onto the ground.  Didin't know this, and I drove off.  I got home 5 minutes later and couldn't find the phone.  I went out to my car with a cordless phone and called my blackberry, and couldn't hear the ringing, but it was ringing.

I immediately got online and canceled my service and had the phone "locked" so that no one else could use it.  I had insurance, so I am getting a new phone sent to me by tomorrow, so I shouldn't be out of touch for too long.

Met some new friends, got a new phone number (non-romantic) and all-in-all, had a lot of fun!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10694 on: February 13, 2012, 07:04:30 pm »
Chuck, here's a good idea: earplugs.

I always bring earplugs when I travel, whether I have a room mate or not.
Because one of the reasons I find it difficult to sleep when I'm not home is that the sounds are different.
Earplugs take care of that, and of snoring room mates too!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #10695 on: February 14, 2012, 02:04:05 pm »
Did you search the area by your friend's house for the Blackberry?  Do you guys have snow on the ground now?  That's a shame to have to let everyone know of your new number.  With all of your friends, that must be quite a task.  Do you have all your friends' numbers written down somewhere?  (Please pm or text me too!)
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10696 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:34 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Bad news, bowling was AWFUL last night.  Ugh!!!  I couldn't get a mark to save my life.

Good news, the new Blackberry arrived, as promised.  ;D  It is charged and working.

Bad news, apparently for the back-up to work, you need to have the old phone.  ::)  Since mine was lost, that means the back-up is out the window.

Good news, I sent out messages via Facebook, and I've gotten a bunch of my numbers back already.

;D

Chuck, here's a good idea: earplugs.

I always bring earplugs when I travel, whether I have a room mate or not.  Because one of the reasons I find it difficult to sleep when I'm not home is that the sounds are different.  Earplugs take care of that, and of snoring room mates too!

Hiya Sonja, I'm not sure I'd be comfortable with earplugs in all night long.  Plus, I have tinitus, so if I have the earplugs in, then I hear the ringing in my ears.  LOL  I just can't win!

Did you search the area by your friend's house for the Blackberry?  Do you guys have snow on the ground now?  That's a shame to have to let everyone know of your new number.  With all of your friends, that must be quite a task.  Do you have all your friends' numbers written down somewhere?  (Please pm or text me too!)

Hiya Mandy!!!   I didn't drop her off at her house, I dropped her off at Penn Station so she could catch a train for the rest of the way home.  Penn station is not far from my house, but it's not in a good section of town.  I wasn't about to go back at midnight to that area and look around in the dark for my Blackberry. 

My number hasn't changed, so that's good, the new phone is up and running, so that's good, and while the back-up was not a success, I've gotten a good amount of the numbers back that I had before, by contacting people through facebook.

;D

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10697 on: February 17, 2012, 09:03:51 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

Well, I missed posting on my blog yesterday.  LOL  It's been a crazy few days and that pic above really describes how I feel!

As you know from prior posts I returned home from Connecticut and promptly lost my phone.  LOL   ::)  The week continued to spiral out of control from there.

On Tuesday I got back to work to find some piles of stuff and unread email that required my attention.  Aside from that, on Tuesday my supervisor (Maria) was off work, and my coworker (Pam) had a death in the family (her sister) so I was alone that day, attempting to handle the accounts of 9 relationship managers.

Not fun.

Pam has been out the whole week, and of course, I was given 4 loan packages that had to be dealt with, as well as my usual load of work.  This week has been stressful, and 5pm today can't come fast enough.

Thankfully, this weekend is a long one, and I can sleep in on Monday.

On top of all that, I had to deal with getting the new Blackberry, getting it charged, collecting my old numbers, and getting it all back into my phone. 

I think I'm pretty much done with that now.  Numbers are still trickling in, but the bulk have been restored to my phone.

;D

On Wednesday (22nd) Lent begins, and I've officially decided that I will go pescatarian.  So from Wednesday through Easter (none of that "I can have it on Sunday" bullcrap) I will have given up all animal meat, and drink strictly water.

So perhaps lunch on Tuesday will be Chinese buffet!    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

In music news, Madonna's song "Give Me All Your Lovin'" climbed to #10 on the American Hot 100 chart, becoming her 38th Top 10 hit!  She holds the record for the artist with the most Top 10 hits.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #10698 on: February 17, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »
"Pescatarian"?  Never heard that one.  Tell us more please.  And why did you decide on this particular choice for Lent?

Hope you make it through the rest of today at work, and get rested and rejuvenated this weekend.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline brianr

« Reply #10699 on: February 17, 2012, 02:36:42 pm »
What a different life we live. I just checked my mobile and I have 6 personal names in it plus a few like the airport shuttle and my car service company. Most months I have no calls. I just keep it for emergencies like 2 nights ago when I had a flat tiyre as we were leaving our motel to go and get dinner in pouring rain. I had not had a flat tyre for about 12 years and did not feel like reading the instructions in good clothes and rain. When I was young the road service vehicle would not change a tyre for a male, thankfully that has now changed though I guess grey hair helps -:)