Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8745408 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16610 on: July 19, 2020, 09:52:45 am »

Have a social distance gathering to attend this evening, at some friends' backyard.  I'm bringing a platter of fruit, with some fluff and cool whip mixed together as one dip, and some Nutella and cool whip mixed for another dip.   I included some pound cake that I'll cut into large chunks to dip as well.

I also got a bunch of wooden skewers so people can pick up the fruit, and can toss it and use another to get more fruit, if they choose to.

Was it fun? What's fluff?

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16611 on: July 19, 2020, 10:19:06 am »

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16612 on: July 19, 2020, 11:33:19 am »
Thanks, Paul! I guess I've probably heard of it but never seen it.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16613 on: July 19, 2020, 05:52:59 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

we have a triple H day here in NJ - hazy, hot, humid.  In other words, typical NJ summer day.  blech.

Don't you have a system where you can talk to the person from your own apartment?

Do you have to go down the stairs every time someone rings your bell?

I wondered at this also. My sister lives on the 8th floor of her unit block. When the buzzer goes in her kitchen, I jump out of my skin. I only buzz her when I first arrive from the airport and she knows it will be me. Then she gives me a fob for the door while I stay with her.

Hello Sonja and Brian.  Unfortunately, this building doesn't have one of those systems, but I believe I read a note somewhere that we are supposed to get one, but with the virus going on, God only knows when it will really happen.

I'm guessing that they (property management) feel it's not necessary here, because it's a garden apartment building, that is only two stories tall.  The people on the first floor only have to go down 4 small steps to reach the door to the building, and us on the second floor have just a small flight of about 12 steps or so, so it's not a big deal to go downstairs and let someone in.

Usually my friends will call or text before they come over, so I generally only get unexpected 'buzzes' when a delivery is made.

Was it fun? What's fluff?

Thanks, Paul! I guess I've probably heard of it but never seen it.

Hello Katy and Paul, and thanks for the pic to explain.

Katy, it was fun.  I hadn't see my friends face to face since maybe April, so being able to see them and catch up.  There were 5 of us in the yard just sitting on the patio and enjoying each other's company and some snacks.

Fluff is a marshmallow spread.  You may have heard of a sandwich called the "fluffernutter".  It's white bread with peanut butter and fluff spread on it.

As you would imagine, fluff is very sticky and sweet.  Nutella is very thick and sweet.  By mixing them both with cool whip, it lightens up the Nutella, it makes the Fluff less sticky, and it cuts down the sweetness on both of them.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16614 on: July 19, 2020, 07:03:18 pm »
I hadn't see my friends face to face since maybe April

Did you see them face to face, or upper half of face to upper half of face?

Thanks for the fluff info!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16615 on: July 19, 2020, 07:44:38 pm »

When I was a kid, there were commercials that mentioned "fluffer-nutters," sandwiches of peanut butter and marshmallow. I don't remember if it was an ad for peanut butter or marshmallow.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16616 on: July 20, 2020, 11:01:52 am »
I don't remember that one.

I do remember the ones where a guy carrying peanut butter and a guy carrying chocolate crash into each other and discover a delightful new combination!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16617 on: July 20, 2020, 01:23:29 pm »
I loved Bewitched. Back when it was still on in primetime, it was a big issue in my family for a while. It was on at, like, 8 p.m. and my dad was really adamant that my brother and I had to go to bed by 8. So I was always really upset (if only they'd had DVR -- problem solved!). Finally even my grandmother suggested to my dad (her SIL) that maybe he could just let me watch it. So finally, he did.

Oh, yeah, I guess I never got around to mentioning that at first Bewitched! was on after my bedtime, too, but I was able to lie in bed and listen to it.

And yet, somehow, I always remembered the Halloween Candy episode.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16618 on: July 20, 2020, 02:33:21 pm »

Hello Sonja and Brian.  Unfortunately, this building doesn't have one of those systems, but I believe I read a note somewhere that we are supposed to get one, but with the virus going on, God only knows when it will really happen.

I'm guessing that they (property management) feel it's not necessary here, because it's a garden apartment building, that is only two stories tall.  The people on the first floor only have to go down 4 small steps to reach the door to the building, and us on the second floor have just a small flight of about 12 steps or so, so it's not a big deal to go downstairs and let someone in.

Usually my friends will call or text before they come over, so I generally only get unexpected 'buzzes' when a delivery is made.

I see. It seems very awkward and unpractical to me that you actually have to be decently dressed and leave your home in order to find out who's buzzing you. Like that night you told about.

I hope they change your system soon.

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16619 on: July 20, 2020, 04:27:01 pm »

I see. It seems very awkward and unpractical to me that you actually have to be decently dressed and leave your home in order to find out who's buzzing you. Like that night you told about.

I hope they change your system soon.
Yes, I am thankful my house is L-shaped and, on the rare occasions the front door bell rings, I can lookout my bedroom window and see who is at the door.