Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8746365 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16680 on: August 18, 2020, 11:01:58 pm »
That is a normal warm summer day here. I do not like it to be much hotter than that.  90'F is the maximum ever recorded and most years we do not see anything above 85'F  However 50'F is the maximum each day lately, last month of winter and it is a bit hard to get out in to the garden when it feels icy. Yesterday was not too bad as it was sunny and little wind. I actually watered as we have not had much rain this month.  Today I am going hiking so will not feel cold.

90F can be almost daily in NJ in summer, specifically in August.  There have been days where it's got near 100F.  I hate those days.   When we had a few of them recently, I closed the blinds and the blackout curtains, in an effort to keep the apartment as cool as possible.

Me too! Me too! Me too! Me too! What a coincidence! :laugh:  Except for the Nena records of course, you'r on your own there.

What a coinkydink!  ;)

I'll bet the Germans were glad to be rid of them.  ;D

Chuck>>>> <<<<Jeff

Ha!!!!!

Paul>>>> <<<<Chuck

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sonja>>>> <<<<Chuck

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16681 on: August 19, 2020, 09:22:32 am »
Paul>>><<<Chuck

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16682 on: August 19, 2020, 10:45:15 am »
As for fall festivals, don't know that I'd attend any

I've attended my share over the years -- school events, hayrides and corn mazes, orchard festivals, small-town apple festivals, etc. They can be fun. But in this case I actually meant hearing them advertised on the radio, back in the days when I listened to the radio in the car. I didn't have AC then, so it would be steamy hot, green leaves as I said, and that just doesn't fit my picture of a fall fest.

did notice today that it was getting dark close to 8:00, instead of 9:00 or later, so that's nice.

No.

Sounds like you've been keeping busy too! 

Enough to feel that all-important sense of accomplishment.

I show up with lunch, knock on her door, and sit at one end of the porch, and put the food in the middle on the table.  Tina joins me and sits about 6-8 feet away, and we just relax and chat and have lunch.

What do you bring?

I met my friend Wendy for lunch yesterday. We met in a nice lakeside park. I had wanted to get tacos from the taco place, but Wendy offered to bring lunch. So I made a quick caprese salad using tomatoes and basil growing in my yard. It was only OK -- I eat sliced tomato/basil/mozzarella sandwiches practically every day during tomato season but for a salad I prefer halfed cherry tomatoes and pearl mozzarella.

Wendy brought egg-salad sandwiches, sesame sticks, bottles of cold Starbucks vanilla coffees, big bags of dark cherries, Clementines and little candy bars. I wasn't that stocked up on lunch things -- next time I'll be better prepared. I think Wendy has often made lunches for her husband.

I've decided to get one after watching quite a few YouTube videos that feature dash cam crash footage.  Some people think this is bizarre viewing habits, but I've learned from watching the videos that most people will try to convince the police that show up that the other driver is at fault, and having footage of the accident on dash cam can really show who is at fault.

That's a good idea. My son got in an accident where, based on the circumstances, it could have been either person's fault. A guy from a food delivery service ran over and said he'd seen the, accident and it was the fault of the other driver. But then my son let the woman take the guy's name and contact info, and she later pretended not to know what he was talking about. Also, he should have filmed and/or photographed the scene.

Last winter, I got in a small car accident when the other people ran a stop sign and, because it was snowing I couldn't stop fast enough so I crashed into them. Luckily, nobody hurt. They were really nice and their car was hurt worse than mine. The guy started taking pictures of everything -- cars, damage, license plates, street signs, my ID etc. He said his daughter works for an insurance company and that's what she's always advised him to do.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16683 on: August 19, 2020, 01:35:07 pm »
Paul>>><<<Chuck

The Philadelphia Story!  :D  One of my all-time favorite movies. I'd know that scene anywhere. C.K. Dexter Haven and Tracy Samantha Lord.  ;D

One of all-time favorite bits of dialog: Dext asks Liz if she can use a typewriter (meaning, does she know how to type). Her response: "No, thanks, I've got one at home."  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16684 on: August 19, 2020, 03:17:41 pm »

Chuck>>>> <<<<Jeff

Paul>>>> <<<<Chuck

Sonja>>>> <<<<Chuck

Tsk tsk tsk.....so much violence.... ::) ::) ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16685 on: August 19, 2020, 03:23:49 pm »
Chuck, I suppose now that you've got some spare time, you're gonna get an early start on your Xmas shopping....?   8)

And what about Xmas next year, you could shop for that too.... ::)

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16686 on: August 24, 2020, 08:50:37 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

I hope that everyone is doing well.  ;D

Back to work today after a week's 'staycation'.  It was rough today, as I didn't sleep well last night, and I had a lot of stuff to catch up on.  Caught up on most of it.

I think I will turn in early today, and catch up on the sleep I didn't get last night.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16687 on: August 25, 2020, 09:58:53 am »
I'm back to work today after my 9-day staycation. I've been dreading this day.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16688 on: August 25, 2020, 11:30:26 am »
Consider yourselves fortunate that you are even able to have a staycation.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16689 on: August 25, 2020, 01:33:45 pm »
Consider yourselves fortunate that you are even able to have a staycation.

How so? Don't you get vacation time at your job? Or do you mean we're lucky to get a scheduled staycation vs. an indefinite length of "staycation"? In which case, yes, we're fortunate that we have jobs to take staycations from!

As a newspaper reporter, it's strange to be in a relatively secure industry for a change (circulation is up, but advertising is way down, which eventually will reap havoc).

I may have already said this, but we were all required to take four days of furlough in Q2 and Q3. I took each set of four in the same week, and before July 25, so I qualified for unemployment for that week plus the $600 extra.