Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8734685 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16710 on: September 07, 2020, 04:07:44 pm »
To clarify, nobody would care if I spent 10 minutes ordering something from Amazon. But if I spent long stretches shopping they'd at least notice I'm not being very productive with work stuff.

I should probably clarify, too. When I say I'm shopping, I'm not just wandering aimlessly like people used to do in brick-and-mortar stores. I'm looking for something specific. For example, when I wanted to get a folding table to make a new workplace here at home, I checked Walmart and Target (everything was too large for my available space), and then I checked eBay, which is where I found a table that fit my needs. So I checked multiple sites, but I was looking for something very specific.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16711 on: September 08, 2020, 10:02:43 am »
I should probably clarify, too. When I say I'm shopping, I'm not just wandering aimlessly like people used to do in brick-and-mortar stores. I'm looking for something specific. For example, when I wanted to get a folding table to make a new workplace here at home, I checked Walmart and Target (everything was too large for my available space), and then I checked eBay, which is where I found a table that fit my needs. So I checked multiple sites, but I was looking for something very specific.

Not only something specific, but something you needed to do in order to perform your job. I'd call that work.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #16712 on: September 08, 2020, 11:43:19 am »
Not only something specific, but something you needed to do in order to perform your job. I'd call that work.

Good point.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16713 on: September 10, 2020, 02:49:00 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

We're almost to the weekend!  :)

This has been a bit of a busy week for me.   I've had to be in online training this week, and it continues through Monday.  So, each day, 8 - 12 I sit in this webinar to learn a new system we are going to start using in October, I believe.

Then, once Monday's session is over, I can have a 'staycation'.  :)

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16714 on: September 11, 2020, 02:15:25 pm »
We are moving to a new system, too. I'm not totally looking forward to it because I've never fully mastered the old system. But that's because the old system is incredibly clumsy and unintuitive -- you have to click icons that seem to have no connection to the task and then scroll a drop-down list that also seems to have no connection. You have to fill in things you'd think would just fill in automatically. And the word processing commands and shortcuts are different from those in Word and everywhere else.

I think the new system will be easier, and more closely conform to standard procedures. The team of employees involved in introducing it to the other employees has been getting training from people at Vox.com.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16715 on: September 15, 2020, 09:40:48 pm »

My staycation started today (Tuesday).  ;D

No big plans, just to chill out around the apartment, and meet a friend for a social distance dinner one night.  Other than that, nothing major to discuss.

Is anyone else doing anything fun?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16716 on: September 18, 2020, 01:20:12 pm »

TGIF!  :)

Had a 'social distant' dinner with some friends yesterday.  We sat on her porch about 8 feet apart, and had some salads with grilled chicken.

I also stopped at a place called "The Cookie Connect" and got some over the top cookies to share for dessert.

It's early yet, but I pulled out my Halloween stuff, and I have it sitting on my recliner in the living room.  When October 1st comes along, I can put it up in the windows.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16717 on: September 20, 2020, 11:31:39 pm »

I hope you all had a good weekend!

It was quiet one for me, I spent it at home, doing some cleaning and such.  Laundry was done today.

When I got to mom and dad's place, they had a small chore for me.  :laugh:   They have a pair of planters that are made of wood, and the front of the planter looks like a ghost, with it's hands up.  They were quite old, still in good shape, but needed new paint.  So today, I gave them few fresh coats of white paint, and then painted a face on them.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16718 on: September 21, 2020, 03:02:16 pm »
Now your poor parents will be scared to death every time they look at them!!!  :o :o :o

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16719 on: September 24, 2020, 02:18:20 pm »

Ugh, the first week back to work after a vacation  is always rough, but so far, I've managed to clear everything that needed to be cleared, and stay on top of things.

While I have not decorated for Halloween yet (I won't be doing that until October 1st) I did pull all the decorations out of the storage I have them in, and have them sitting on the recliner in the living room.

Things went well for mom at the laser eye surgeries.  Her eyes responded well to the procedure to repair the narrowing in her eyes, and the doctor told her she may have to come back again, as this would most likely make any cataracts appear more evident.  She says that's happened in her right eye, so she'll be going back to have the cataracts dealt with, and then she should be done.

Otherwise, things here on this end have been pretty quiet!   Hope you all can say the same!