Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8747503 times)

Offline brianr

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #16830 on: December 19, 2020, 10:27:54 pm »
You cleaned your apartment because a neighbor was dropping by to return a borrowed ice scraper.  ???  Well, aren't you just the Happy Homemaker?  ;D
Yes  this is mind boggling to me as well. I tidy up in preparation for invited guests, thankfully that is not often. However anyone dropping in can take me as they find me especially if they are borrowing something. I might be embarrassed at the washing up piled at the kitchen sink. It sometimes builds up for 2 or 3 days.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #16831 on: December 20, 2020, 03:14:56 am »
You cleaned your apartment because a neighbor was dropping by to return a borrowed ice scraper.  ???  Well, aren't you just the Happy Homemaker?  ;D

Yes  this is mind boggling to me as well. I tidy up in preparation for invited guests, thankfully that is not often. However anyone dropping in can take me as they find me especially if they are borrowing something. I might be embarrassed at the washing up piled at the kitchen sink. It sometimes builds up for 2 or 3 days.

lmao!  I didn't go crazy and give the apartment a full cleaning.  I just wanted it to look presentable in case she came up and came in.  I had some clothes on the floor that I threw into the hamper, I put the dishes that were in the sink into the dishwasher, any empty water bottles I had went into the proper recycling bin, small things like that.

It's not like I dusted everything and then dragged out the mop and vacuum and then scrubbed the toilet.   :laugh:

I often do things like, I'll have a bottle of water, and a can of seltzer by the computer, and a single serve bag of chips, and when I'm done with them, leave them (all empty) by the computer.   Or I'll eat lunch by my work laptop, and leave the plate there all day.  Leave any pots or pans I used in the sink.   One habit I have is to hang a plastic shopping bag on the handle of the doors that hide my heating/AC unit, and put garbage in there, and when it gets full, put it into a proper garbage bag to take out when it gets full.   

When I got back to the apartment after giving her the brush, I realized I had done all of those things, and not cleaned any of them up, so I tidied up the place.

As I'm sitting here now, I can say I have three empty cans of seltzer on my computer desk, and one empty bag of single serving chips.  On my couch is a bag of groceries that I picked up at 7:30 but didn't bother to put away.  On the TV tray that I use for my "work from home" set-up is a bottle of ketchup I used for dinner that I haven't put away yet, and in the bedroom is my fresh laundry which I did today, but didn't bother to put away.  It's been sitting there since about 6:00 this evening (it's now 2:00am my time).

So when I say "clean the apartment", I'm basically dealing with putting the place in order by taking care of things like that.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Online southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #16832 on: December 20, 2020, 10:51:05 am »

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16833 on: December 20, 2020, 12:32:29 pm »

And typical son.  :laugh:

Just remember to keep your mum miles away from your laundry!!!   :o :o

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16834 on: December 20, 2020, 12:32:41 pm »

Nice try, but that's not me.

She's not wearing pearls.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16835 on: December 20, 2020, 12:33:31 pm »
Just remember to keep your mum miles away from your laundry!!!   :o :o

Please!  After the bleach-spilling incident, I don't let her near them.  LOL

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16836 on: December 20, 2020, 12:39:15 pm »

lmao!  I didn't go crazy and give the apartment a full cleaning.  I just wanted it to look presentable in case she came up and came in.  I had some clothes on the floor that I threw into the hamper, I put the dishes that were in the sink into the dishwasher, any empty water bottles I had went into the proper recycling bin, small things like that.

It's not like I dusted everything and then dragged out the mop and vacuum and then scrubbed the toilet.   :laugh:

I often do things like, I'll have a bottle of water, and a can of seltzer by the computer, and a single serve bag of chips, and when I'm done with them, leave them (all empty) by the computer.   Or I'll eat lunch by my work laptop, and leave the plate there all day.  Leave any pots or pans I used in the sink.   One habit I have is to hang a plastic shopping bag on the handle of the doors that hide my heating/AC unit, and put garbage in there, and when it gets full, put it into a proper garbage bag to take out when it gets full.   

When I got back to the apartment after giving her the brush, I realized I had done all of those things, and not cleaned any of them up, so I tidied up the place.

As I'm sitting here now, I can say I have three empty cans of seltzer on my computer desk, and one empty bag of single serving chips.  On my couch is a bag of groceries that I picked up at 7:30 but didn't bother to put away.  On the TV tray that I use for my "work from home" set-up is a bottle of ketchup I used for dinner that I haven't put away yet, and in the bedroom is my fresh laundry which I did today, but didn't bother to put away.  It's been sitting there since about 6:00 this evening (it's now 2:00am my time).

So when I say "clean the apartment", I'm basically dealing with putting the place in order by taking care of things like that.

I wouldn't call that cleaning. To me, cleaning is dusting, hoovering, mopping the floor, scrubbing the toilet etc.

I'm not sure I know the proper word for what you're doing, but I think I'd call it tidying up.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16837 on: December 20, 2020, 12:41:22 pm »
Please!  After the bleach-spilling incident, I don't let her near them.  LOL

Good! That's exactly what I meant!  ::)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #16838 on: December 20, 2020, 12:45:00 pm »
I wouldn't call that cleaning. To me, cleaning is dusting, hoovering, mopping the floor, scrubbing the toilet etc.

I'm not sure I know the proper word for what you're doing, but I think I'd call it tidying up.

some people are soooo picky.   :laugh:

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #16839 on: December 20, 2020, 12:49:00 pm »

some people are soooo picky.   :laugh:

Oh please...   

At least I have a normal bathroom!!!