Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8738088 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #17210 on: June 12, 2021, 08:59:29 pm »
Mom had cataract procedure done on Monday on one eye, and she said everything went well.
I'm glad to hear that because I may be having that done myself later this summer. I'm reluctant, but this isn't really the place to go into that.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 09:13:29 am by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17211 on: June 13, 2021, 10:39:49 pm »
I'm glad to hear that because I may be having that done myself later this summer. I'm reluctant, but this isn't really the place to do into that.

I had it done a few years ago. I had a high deductible insurance plan and I had maxed it out (surgery for minor skin cancers). Toward the end of the year I remembered a doctor telling me some years earlier that I was developing cataracts. So I realized I could get that surgery done for free! It was close enough to the end of the year — and you have to do each eye separately and first do a week or two of special drops. I got the second eye done on New Year’s Eve.

Let me know when you get closer — I do have some advice.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #17212 on: June 14, 2021, 02:56:41 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Just got back from the dentist appointment.  It was the quickest one I've ever had.   Went right in, had my Novocain, some quick drilling and filling, and I was done in about 15 minutes.

Cheek is still feeling numb, they said that would last for about two hours.

My original plan was to work in the morning, and then be off in the afternoon, but since I had the time, I decided to just take the full day off.  It felt good to sleep in.  ;D

This coming weekend is Father's Day, I'll be going over to mom and dad's place for lunch.  Mom is getting the food catered from the local shop right, with a bunch of different platters.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17213 on: June 14, 2021, 02:59:08 pm »
I'm glad to hear that because I may be having that done myself later this summer. I'm reluctant, but this isn't really the place to go into that.

I had it done a few years ago. I had a high deductible insurance plan and I had maxed it out (surgery for minor skin cancers). Toward the end of the year I remembered a doctor telling me some years earlier that I was developing cataracts. So I realized I could get that surgery done for free! It was close enough to the end of the year — and you have to do each eye separately and first do a week or two of special drops. I got the second eye done on New Year’s Eve.

I didn't see mom yesterday, she was out with friends playing BINGO, but I did speak with her later on the phone.  She says the procedure went really well, quick and simple.  One thing she noticed (and she was told about) was that colors would appear more vibrant.

I don't know what prep she had to do before hand (if any) but she told me that after the procedure she was given drops she needs to put into her eyes, and by the time they're used up, she'll be going for her second eye, and then she has to start with the drops again.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #17214 on: June 14, 2021, 09:24:12 pm »

I didn't see mom yesterday, she was out with friends playing BINGO, but I did speak with her later on the phone.  She says the procedure went really well, quick and simple.  One thing she noticed (and she was told about) was that colors would appear more vibrant.

I don't know what prep she had to do before hand (if any) but she told me that after the procedure she was given drops she needs to put into her eyes, and by the time they're used up, she'll be going for her second eye, and then she has to start with the drops again.

Thank you both. I'll be posting some random thoughts on my own blog.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17215 on: June 19, 2021, 12:03:20 pm »

Happy weekend to you all!

My family is getting together on Sunday for Father's Day.  So I'm going over today to get laundry done, and while it's going, I'll help mom and dad set up the house.   I still need to get some Father's Day cards as well.

Things have been pretty much a status quo here.  Nothing new or Earth-shattering. 

Trenton is starting second grade in September, I can't believe how quickly he's growning.

Online Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #17216 on: June 19, 2021, 12:51:11 pm »
Chuck, I was wondering if you got Friday off, since Juneteenth is now a federal holiday?
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17217 on: June 19, 2021, 11:47:08 pm »
Chuck, I was wondering if you got Friday off, since Juneteenth is now a federal holiday?

Hello Lee!

No, we didn't get it off.  The bank felt that the decision to make it a national holiday came too close to the day itself, and that it would cause an inconvenience to our customers to suddenly be closed.  What the bank did was give all employees what's called a "floating holiday", meaning we can use it any time during the year.

Next year, we will observe it and the bank will be closed.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17218 on: June 20, 2021, 12:59:11 am »
I’ve heard of other companies giving days off. So far no recognition at the paper. Might have to wait til the next contract negotiations, unless ... the paper wants to make a gesture of its reckoning, which it seems eager to do. I’m sure if another PTO day required union approval they’d be OK with it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #17219 on: June 20, 2021, 09:18:46 pm »

Happy Father's Day!

It was a busy day today!   I got to mom and dad's place about 11:00, and finished helping them set up for the gathering.

Everyone else showed up at about 2:00, and sat, ate, talked, laughed, and had a good time.  Everyone left about 6, and I stayed to help clean up and went home about 7.

it's been hot and humid here today, and I'm thankful for central A/C.  It's currently pumping, and apartment is cooling.  It's just before 9:30 pm tonight, and it's still 85F out.  The apartment is about 70 now.