Author Topic: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread  (Read 631895 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Heath Ledger - the grieving thread
« Reply #410 on: January 24, 2008, 05:52:45 am »
I don,t know if anyone agrees with this, but I think Heath should be awarded the Oscar he should have got for BBM posthumously. He deserves it.
Good night brown eyes.  :'(
Souxi. xxxx

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #411 on: January 24, 2008, 05:58:57 am »
Well....Im an Aussie and I didn't know our national anthem was written by a Scotsman.....

The most popular anthem and tune to most Aussies is Waltzing Matilda.....and it obviously had a place in Heath's heart for him to call his daughter Matilda...

I thought it would be fitting to put a Waltzing Matilda clip in here, but I dont know how to bring the Youtube clips over here....I did look through youtube under the heading "Waltzing Matilda" and my favourite video was one done by Little River Band....it has some nice scenes of Australia....

If anyone can download it here, it would be appreciated, and I think a nice Aussie tribute to Heath.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

mvansand76

« Reply #412 on: January 24, 2008, 06:16:26 am »
Well....Im an Aussie and I didn't know our national anthem was written by a Scotsman.....

The most popular anthem and tune to most Aussies is Waltzing Matilda.....and it obviously had a place in Heath's heart for him to call his daughter Matilda...

I thought it would be fitting to put a Waltzing Matilda clip in here, but I dont know how to bring the Youtube clips over here....I did look through youtube under the heading "Waltzing Matilda" and my favourite video was one done by Little River Band....it has some nice scenes of Australia....

If anyone can download it here, it would be appreciated, and I think a nice Aussie tribute to Heath.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPFjToKuZQM[/youtube]

also... Kate Bush - Wuthering Heights...

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfGc4wcil2g[/youtube]

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #413 on: January 24, 2008, 06:17:25 am »
Waltzing Matilda
performed by the Little River Band

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1KQfbWn9mw[/youtube]

Offline opinionista

« Reply #414 on: January 24, 2008, 06:38:26 am »
CNN Nancy Grace show topic is Heath. Nancy is fighting with the TMZ guy about why the masseuse called Mary-Kate Olsen before 911??

The masseuse's decision sounds outrageous, but I somehow understand why she made it. Newspapers and news TV station usually have access to the emergency department radio. They hear all incoming calls, then decide what is newsworthy and what isn't. At least all newspapers I have work for have such radio, even in NYC. According to news account Heath died between 1 pm and 2.45 pm on Tuesday. By 4 pm that very same day the press already knew something was wrong and there was a mob outside Heath's home. I suppose that's what the masseuse was trying to avoid. I have been told that people who work so closely for celebrities are usually forced into not revealing anything, into following some silly procedure or protocol in order to ensure privacy. They even have to sing contracts and such promising they won't go around talking about the celebrities they work for.

PS. I'm not saying she was right to do what she did. I'm just explaining the possible situation she was in when Heath passed away.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #415 on: January 24, 2008, 07:32:46 am »

Thanks Katie. As a Glaswegian, I had simply searched for my own wee Scottish tribute and this is what came up. I'm sorry if I got it wrong, it was just a thought from me.  No doubt Waltzing Matilda was more important to him given his daughter's name. 

Offline smellykellyjay

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #416 on: January 24, 2008, 10:13:40 am »
The masseuse's decision sounds outrageous, but I somehow understand why she made it. Newspapers and news TV station usually have access to the emergency department radio. They hear all incoming calls, then decide what is newsworthy and what isn't. At least all newspapers I have work for have such radio, even in NYC. According to news account Heath died between 1 pm and 2.45 pm on Tuesday. By 4 pm that very same day the press already knew something was wrong and there was a mob outside Heath's home. I suppose that's what the masseuse was trying to avoid. I have been told that people who work so closely for celebrities are usually forced into not revealing anything, into following some silly procedure or protocol in order to ensure privacy. They even have to sing contracts and such promising they won't go around talking about the celebrities they work for.

PS. I'm not saying she was right to do what she did. I'm just explaining the possible situation she was in when Heath passed away.

First off, I thought Nancy Grace had the jaundice until I realized it was just a yellow journalist I was seeing. 

Next off, it's understandable to me that the masseuse may have freaked out and wasn't thinking clearly.  The situation was outrageous, and not everybody has the wherewithal to handle such things in a calm, rational manner. 

A friend of mine lives in the West Village, where Tom Brady made an appearance with a cast on his leg that afternoon.  She told me there was a frenzy of media and paparazzi there for him, but when they heard about Heath, they stampeded to his place, leaving the West Village looking like a ghost town. 
I been one poor correspondent, and I been too, too hard to find, but it doesn't mean you ain't been on my mind.  -- America

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #417 on: January 24, 2008, 10:28:53 am »
I heard this song coming into work this morning and I couldn't help but think about both Heath and Jackie (paintedshoes). Both people who brought so much to this world and to us. So for that reason I want to dedicate these words of this songs to Heath and Jackie. I am also going to post this on my blog since I believe that for awhile I will be doing most of my posting there. I need to be in my own space for awhile so I hope more people will read things from me over there. And if not I can still express my feelings and thoughts there. Here are the words to this beautiful song:

When I Get Where I'm Going
by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton

When I get where I'm going
on the far side of the sky.
The first thing that I'm gonna do
Is spread my wings and fly.

I'm gonna land beside a lion,
and run my fingers through his mane.
Or I might find out what it's like
To ride a drop of rain

(Chorus:)
Yeah when I get where I'm going,
there'll be only happy tears.
I will shed the sins and struggles,
I have carried all these years.
And I'll leave my heart wide open,
I will love and have no fear.
Don't cry for me down here.

I'm gonna walk with my grandaddy,
and he'll match me step for step,
and I'll tell him how I missed him,
every minute since he left.
Then I'll hug his neck.

(Chorus)

So much pain and so much darkness,
in this world we stumble through.
All these questions, I can't answer,
so much work to do.

But when I get where I'm going,
and I see my Maker's face.
I'll stand forever in the light,
of His amazing grace.
there'll be only happy tears.
Hallelujah!
I will love and have no fear.
When I get where I'm going.
Yeah when I get where I'm going.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #418 on: January 24, 2008, 10:34:47 am »
Next off, it's understandable to me that the masseuse may have freaked out and wasn't thinking clearly.  The situation was outrageous, and not everybody has the wherewithal to handle such things in a calm, rational manner. 

I'm glad to hear you guys say this, because I was thinking that, too. I felt a little sorry for the masseuse. She probably didn't do the very best thing, but can any of us (nurses and doctors excluded) be sure we would, under those circumstances?? For one thing, you just don't expect to find a healthy 28-year-old on the brink of death.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #419 on: January 24, 2008, 11:05:39 am »
Maybe this isn't the proper thread in which to say this, but things are still moving pretty quickly around here, and I'm finding it a little difficult to know where to say what. I also apologize in advance if what I'm about to say offends or upsets anyone. Here goes. ...

So we're now hearing that the rolled-up twenty-dollar bill tested negative for illegal drugs--and with respect to that report I'm suddenly feeling myself very much in the same position as Ennis was when Lureen told him about Jack's death in an "accident": I don't trust the report, and I expect I won't trust the toxicology report when it comes out, either. A desire to protect Heath's reputation and the feelings of his family is understandable, and I make no judgments about that desire--just as I understand Lureen's possible desire to protect Jack's reputation and her son's feelings.

I am not ordinarily given to "conspiracy theories." My distrust comes out of life experience. Three years ago this March I lost an old friend who died and was found dead in circumstances similar to Heath's death; in my friend's case, he was found naked on his kitchen floor. My friend was a lot older than Heath, and had high blood pressure, but nevertheless what killed him was a lethal interaction of cocaine and prescription medications. I was co-executor of my friend's estate, and I found evidence of illegal drug use myself.

There. I've said it. And again, I'm sorry if I've upset or offended anyone.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.