Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1695754 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
MARKETING ADVISOR:

**Why, Mr. Indapaddock, who knew you would clean up so well...** ((clears throat)) **We still have yet to discuss your salary and other privileges, er, I mean benefits. Would you like to come over for dinner, so we can get this all down into writing?**

Yes sir!  I would love to discuss my privileges benefits with you!
I would definitely like to come over and take it all down .....in writing, yes.

I am preparing to launch our second Broken Arsed Woolen Ecstacy product.
I love sheep, yeah, but I absolutely love this spokesperson stuff..
When would you like me to come .. errr...to this dinner?

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
**The sky gets darker and darker, and the thunderstorms is gathering near Brokeback.  In the upper portion of the thunderstorm, a piece of tiny frozen raindrops starts its journey to become a piece of hailstone. **

((As the frozen raindrop comes to impact with small, tiny supercooled droplets, it increases its size.))

Look, I am getting fatter and fatter.  Woohoo, this is a nice ride.

((All of sudden, a strong updraft disrupts the fall and carries the frozen raindrop back up to the top of the thunderstorm.))

Wait, wait… What’s happening?  Am I supposed to go the other way instead of moving up?

**Little does the frozen raindrop know, it can only fulfill its destiny to become a true hailstone after it has stayed long enough in the colder air in order to get bigger in size.**

%%I know that some point, I will have to start my determined and irreversible fall to the earth.  What’s waiting for me down there?  I can not help but wonder.%%

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
MARKETING ADVISOR:

I suppose I had better stop hiding beneath the shield of anonymity. I knew this job was going to get too interesting... I mean intriguing... sooner or later.

Allow me to introduce myself properly. My name is Guy Raphaelson. The marketing firm I work for, Un Limited, is very interested in the product possibilities and marketing venues that Broken Arsed Mountain has opened for mainstream merchandising. Right now we are basically in the creative and advertising phase of our product lines, and currently offer over 12 specific Broken Arsed themed products through mail order, phone orders, and e-commerce. In certain niche markets, products such as Ms. Olivia's organic fertilizer are selling remarkably well and, as you can tell from the photographs the property mistress has provided for us, are expanding the retail and boutique possibilities.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

Yes sir!  I would love to discuss my privileges benefits with you!
I would definitely like to come over and take it all down .....in writing, yes.

I am preparing to launch our second Broken Arsed Woolen Ecstacy product.
I love sheep, yeah, but I absolutely love this spokesperson stuff..
When would you like me to come .. errr...to this dinner?

GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR):

Oh, I wouldn't mind having you over right now, if you're available. I think I'm very fortunate that you're full steam ahead on these wool products as I know very little about the wool industry. I have always considered myself more of a general advertising and marketing advisor, but perhaps you'll be able to offer more insight into wool marketing. I'm sure it must be fascinating.

You can bring over some of those bedroll blankets and demonstrate their craftsmanship. The colors are beautiful.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:03:27 pm by Daniel »

Offline DeeDee

YOUNG JACK:

((Thunder rips across the sky as Jack finishes making dinner. He looks up and sees black clouds from horizon to horizon, and shakes his head. He quickly gets up and secures as much as he can under a tarp, even as Ennis rides up to help him.))

((They say nothing as they prepare their camp for the storm to come. Jack, determined, looks over and can see Ennis's eyes filled with worry.))

Ennis?! You doin' alright?

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis, now in the camp, rushes to Jack and starts helping secure the campsite.))

Not too shur, bud.  Mebbe I better git back up ta them sheep.  I mean, you wuz tellin' me that time the lightin'  burnt up all them sheep.

%% Tha only thing I wan' burnin' is our bodies in that tent.%%

(( Ennis looks up and huge hailballs start to fall, as the lightning gets closer.))
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis, now in the camp, rushes to Jack and starts helping secure the campsite.))

Not too shur, bud.  Mebbe I better git back up ta them sheep.  I mean, you wuz tellin' me that time the lightin'  burnt up all them sheep.

%% Tha only thing I wan' burnin' is our bodies in that tent.%%

(( Ennis looks up and huge hailballs start to fall, as the lightning gets closer.))

YOUNG JACK:

%% Ennis ain't done this afore. He couldn' know. And I know he's scairt of somethin'%%

((checks the tent to make certain its solidly tied to the stakes in the ground then dives in as hail falls from the sky. He holds the tent flap open for Ennis, who doesn't take too much time to get in.))

Don't think that's a good idea, Ennis. Those winds'll pitch ya off the mountain, if the lightnin' don't kill ya first. It's best we jes' stay here until th' storm blows over.

((A sudden bolt of lightning strikes the mountain, the clap of thunder immediate and deafening. Jack shrugs off the pounding in his ears. but looks over at Ennis and can see he is terrified.))

Ennis, whats wrong?!

Offline DeeDee

Marlene Dietrich

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
(( TERRY CLOTH sends up a prayer a desperation that his beloved JBB will show up ta help him out a this predicament and tar-quelle his fears.  ))

((JBB hears a piercing cry and a spine-chilling squawk and is suddenly caught up in a flurry of feathers and towelling tufts, as he looks up to see...))

** TERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OWLMA, you feathered fiend, you'll never take my TERRY CLOTH from me! He doesn't love you, he loves ME you feathered fool! Let him go! Give him his freedom! He will never be yours I tell you! NEVER! TERRY, my love, I'll find you! I will never stop searching! **

((Feeling a little hoarse from all the shouting, JBB ponders his next move. He hears the distant laughter of the fiendish OWLMA.))

** I'll make you eat your ill-chosen squawks OWLMA... I have a plan to rescue my beloved TERRY... a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel! **
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 05:37:22 pm by saucycobblers »
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR):

Oh, I wouldn't mind having you over right now, if you're available. I think I'm very fortunate that you're full steam ahead on these wool products as I know very little about the wool industry. I have always considered myself more of a general advertising and marketing advisor, but perhaps you'll be able to offer more insight into wool marketing. I'm sure it must be fascinating.

You can bring over some of those bedroll blankets and demonstrate their craftsmanship. The colors are beautiful.

((Indapaddock gets on the phone to the Marketing Advisor ...))

Hey Mr Raphaelson!  Errr...may I be so bold as to call you Guy?
I am ready to come over now if you are!
I just gotta put some clothes on and I could be there in a flash!

Yeah ... I am very versed in all things wool and I am just so thrilled to be working with you on this venture.  You and I could make magic together, err, with our Woolen Ecstacy Products.

I got some blankets ready to bring over to your place ...

We can ...errr...test them out as you say.  You got a bedroll or a tent or somethin' like that?  Just to be thorough, I like being thorough! 

Okay .. See ya soon!

« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:01:00 pm by Lucise »

Offline DeeDee

YOUNG JACK:

%% Ennis ain't done this afore. He couldn' know. And I know he's scairt of somethin'%%

((checks the tent to make certain its solidly tied to the stakes in the ground then dives in as hail falls from the sky. He holds the tent flap open for Ennis, who doesn't take too much time to get in.))

Don't think that's a good idea, Ennis. Those winds'll pitch ya off the mountain, if the lightnin' don't kill ya first. It's best we jes' stay here until th' storm blows over.

((A sudden bolt of lightning strikes the mountain, the clap of thunder immediate and deafening. Jack shrugs off the pounding in his ears. but looks over at Ennis and can see he is terrified.))

Ennis, whats wrong?!

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis' hands are shaking slightly as he watches the storm become severe.))

%% He keeps lookin' at me. Wonder if he knows that I'm not likin' this storm much.%%

(( The hail starts falling hard from the sky now.   Ennis takes a breath, and decides to show off a bit by sticking his hat out of the tent catching a piece of hail.))

Wow, looka tha size a these here balls...uh..hail, I mean.

%% uggghh...smooth Del Mar..%

Marlene Dietrich