Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1702180 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.

((Indapaddock gets on the phone to the Marketing Advisor ...))

Hey Mr Raphaelson!  Errr...may I be so bold as to call you Guy?
I am ready to come over now if you are!
I just gotta put some clothes on and I could be there in a flash!

Yeah ... I am very versed in all things wool and I am just so thrilled to be working with you on this venture.  You and I could make magic together, err, with our Woolen Ecstacy Products.

I got some blankets ready to bring over to your place ...

We can ...errr...test them out as you say.  You got a bedroll or a tent or somethin' like that?  Just to be thorough, I like being thorough! 

Okay .. See ya soon!

GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR)

%% Clothes?... Who said anything about clothes? %%

**Alright, I'll see you then.**

%% Now what to make for dinner? %%

((After a few hours of labor over a hot stove, Guy sets the dinner table and the mood for their *business* dinner))
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 09:52:53 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
YOUNG ENNIS:

(( The hail starts falling hard from the sky now.   Ennis takes a breath, and decides to show off a bit by sticking his hat out of the tent catching a piece of hail.))

PIECE OF HAILSTONE:

((The hailstone is much bigger and heavier now, and the updraft can not carry it anymore.  The hailstone starts its headlong, irreversible fall.))

%%I think this is it.  I am going down.%%

((The hailstone travels at an accelerated rate toward Brokeback pulled down by the gravity. The sight of the camp site and the tent quickly zooms in.))

%%Not good… I am coming down way too fast.  This is going to be a hard landing.%%

Arrr......

((To the hailstone’s surprise, it comes to a rather soft landing, in Ennis’ hat.))

%%Oh, that was not too bad…  Now where am I?%%
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 11:02:44 pm by JennyC »

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
((JBB hears a piercing cry and a spine-chilling squawk and is suddenly caught up in a flurry of feathers and towelling tufts, as he looks up to see...))

** TERRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OWLMA, you feathered fiend, you'll never take my TERRY CLOTH from me! He doesn't love you, he loves ME you feathered fool! Let him go! Give him his freedom! He will never be yours I tell you! NEVER! TERRY, my love, I'll find you! I will never stop searching! **

((Feeling a little hoarse from all the shouting, JBB ponders his next move. He hears the distant laughter of the fiendish OWLMA.))

** I'll make you eat your ill-chosen squawks OWLMA... I have a plan to rescue my beloved TERRY... a plan so cunning you could pin a tail on it and call it a weasel! **

(( Fortuitously for TERRY CLOTH, the fully and bewitchingly engorged HAILSTONE beaned the increasingly desperate OWLMA directly on her head as it fell irreversibly to earth.  Stunned by the sudden blow to her h-OWL-ow cranium   ;) , OWLMA reflexively opens her talons and releases TERRY CLOTH, who begins his own irreversible fall.  TERRY CLOTH lands softly, of course, as fabrics are wont to do, and alarmingly near a pool of sheep pee.   ))

TERRY CLOTH:

** JBB HELP ME!!  **
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

%% Clothes?... Who said anything about clothes? %%

**Alright, I'll see you then.**

%% Now what to make for dinner? %%

((After a few hours of labor over a hot stove, Guy sets the dinner table and the mood for their *business* dinner))

((Indapaddock throws some clothes on, grabs the blankets he has prepared for his demonstration and heads over to Mr Raphaelson's place..

Lucise knocks firmly on the door...  No answer ...  He knocks a second time..

In a moment, the Marketing Advisor comes to the door, opens it and smiles at the sight of Indapaddock ...
))

Hey Guy! 
Hope I am not too late for dinner!

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
The Props Magician:
** Ahem, Mr. Sheepwrangler and Mr. Marketing Advisor! You need an appropriate meeting tent don't ya? **  ::)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

((Indapaddock throws some clothes on, grabs the blankets he has prepared for his demonstration and heads over to Mr Raphaelson's place..

Lucise knocks firmly on the door...  No answer ...  He knocks a second time..

In a moment, the Marketing Advisor comes to the door, opens it and smiles at the sight of Indapaddock ...
))

Hey Guy! 
Hope I am not too late for dinner!

((blushes fiercely when he sees Mr. Indapaddock's shirt.))

So glad you could come over. A nice casual atmosphere, not like those office buildings, huh?

Do you want to eat first or shall we get down to the demonstration?

%% This is a swanky place. Thanks Ms. Property Manager %%
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 06:44:02 am by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline YaadPyar

** The FSD assess the swirling energy on the set, as narrative plot and cast and crew intersect in unprecedented glory.  **

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
SHEEPHERDER #1 (weather-eyed):

((Scans darkening sky and spitting hail)) (translated from the Spanish) Gonna hail for sure!! ((Spurs horse (gently) and turns back toward tent))

C'mon Dos!! (Using favorite pet name for SHEEPHERDER #2) Let's call it an early day. I can think of two things I need back at the tent!! Vamos!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
The Props Magician:  :(

** Bad news people! Our very own Owl Olivia has been found unconscious on set today and had to be taken to the Broken Arsed Infirmary. Diagnosis: concussion of the brain. Obviously, she had been knocked out by an unknown flying object while venturing out for a little hunt.
Her child Olli Owl has been put into the care of the High Priestess for the time being. The warshrag, Olivia recently persuaded to follow her to her new owl-partment, has disappeared. **

** Meanwhile, her new assistant has taken care of her successful fertilizer business. Owl Olivia's Finest Natural Manure still enjoys unbroken international demand! ** :)

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 12:06:47 pm by Pipedream »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club

((blushes fiercely when he sees Mr. Indapaddock's shirt.))

So glad you could come over. A nice casual atmosphere, not like those office buildings, huh?

Do you want to eat first or shall we get down to the demonstration?

%% This is a swanky place. Thanks Ms. Property Manager %%

Wow Guy!  This is a great place you got here!

(( Indapaddock glances around the meeting tent, feeling Mr Raphaelson's intense gaze resting on his body..
He notices the well-laid table ... ))

Gee!  You really shouldn't have gone to so much trouble!  Look at that table, it's a feast!
And it smells like heaven, wow!  Gosh, I shoulda brought a bottle of wine or something ...
I think we should eat and talk about them privileges, err, benefits before we get into them bedroll blankets.
Well, I didn't mean you and me need to get into the blankets, well, unless you wanna try 'em out too..

Jeez, I am babbling, I hang around my sheep too much, I seem to be forgetting how to carry a conversation.. Haha..

%%  I am acting like an idiot..Relax! %%

((The two men walk over to the table, pull up their chairs and sit down...))

I hope you don't take this the wrong way Guy, but you look nice! 
I like the shirt, it really brings out the color in your eyes ...
Now, let's dig into this feast...

« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 01:25:39 pm by Lucise »