Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1703560 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
YOUNG JACK:

((plays an old Rodeo tune on the harmonica.... "Don't Let Him Sit On You" which for some reason comes out horrible... He looks over and grins at Ennis, trying to keep from laughing as he plays a sour noted rendition.))

((

))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON (MARKETING ADVISOR):

((Guy looks up as Lucise walks off, noting with sadness how changed he is. He knew that Lucise had poured out his heart to him, and that he hadn't given the response that he wanted to hear. For a moment he considered calling out to him, calling him back, but... he didn't think he could do that. Not now. Maybe someday.))

%%
Someday may be too late, you idiot! You hurt him..... bad.
%%

((Guy hangs his head shamefully. He didn't mean to hurt Lucise, he really hadn't.... but those words made his head spin. That wasn't a sensation he liked. Bitter cold winds rushed by him again and he made his way back to the Meeting Tent, hoping that Lucise was still there for some reason but knowing he would not be.))

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Quietly enters the tent. He looks around but sees no sign of Lucise.... He sighs quietly in an effort to release the tight pressure off his chest. JBB and Terry are still sleeping on the bed. Guy rebuttons his collar and reties his tie. He still has meetings to get to today... And contracts that needed signing. He opens his briefcase and looks at the file folders there, where his own printing is neat and legible even in the dim light of the tent: Jack's Body Butter, Terry Cloth, Owl Olivia, Lucise Indapaddock. Guy picks up the last file folder gently and opens it, looking at the files inside. Lucise still had to sign his contracts. Guy wasn't certain if he could meet with him again, not face to face.... He didn't want to hurt Lucise anymore than he already had..... and he certainly didn't want to be hurt anymore himself.))

((He places the folders gently back in his briefcase, grabs his suitcase and quietly heads toward the tent flap, looking back and wondering if he should stay for JBB and Terry. They looked so vulnerable and exhausted.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 02:41:11 pm by Daniel »
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
((After that delicious soused mouse supper, Owl Olivia is feeling quite a bit tipsy and quite talkative, so does Olli...))  :)

** GASP!! **

((The High Priestess looks again at Olli))

** Son of a cloth! **

** By all that's Brokeback, where will it all end?!  He's not only shamelessly punning and padding his role, inciting all the other Relics to revolt, and kissing up to Heath like there's no tomorrow.  Now he's debauching owls and taking up with tubes!  It's too much, too much! **
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
**Meanwhile, somewhere in the Pacific Ocean...**

SNOW (or the various water molecules that will eventually become SNOW):

((The water molecules gaze upwards, seeking the attention of the SUN. They concentrate very hard, then evaporate, launching themselves at the sky...

...only to fall, once again, as rain on the ocean.))
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
((Meanwhile ...
Lucise now back at his trailer, collapses on his bed, his head in his hands.))

%%
Oh god!  What in the f--k have I done?  What must Guy be thinking of me now?
What am I gonna do now? 

Pull yourself together Lucise!  You are acting like a lovesick slip of a girl.
You just met this Guy guy, I mean, he ain't all that special, is he?
Ok..so he is intelligent, thoughtful, caring, and drop-dead gorgeous.  That ain't all
that special is it?  Yeah, sure I feel like melting when he looks at me, and he smells
like heaven, but so what?  I can live without all that, right?

Aww .. f---!  Who am I kidding?

%%

((Lucise closes his eyes, dreaming of being by Guy's side again ...

))

%% He must think I am a desperate loser who has been spending way too much time with his damn sheep!  %%

((Lucise tosses and turns on the bed, the tightness below his belt revealing his excitement at the thoughts of Guy ..))

%%  I need a drink, a large one ...  I bet he has a large ...
Oh grow up Lucise!  Argh!
%%

(( Still lost in his thoughts, Lucise unbuckles his belt and unzips his pants, as he heads over to the kitchen to fix himself a gin and tonic ...

))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:49:36 pm by Lucise »

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
** GASP!! **

((The High Priestess looks again at Olli))

** Son of a cloth! **

** By all that's Brokeback, where will it all end?!  He's not only shamelessly punning and padding his role, inciting all the other Relics to revolt, and kissing up to Heath like there's no tomorrow.  Now he's debauching owls and taking up with tubes!  It's too much, too much! **

((From under her feathers, Olivia produces a little brooch...))  :)

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
**...some time after the sheep have gotten sorted out...**

SNOW:

((The water molecules, jealous of all the attention being focused on some mountain range in Wyoming, leap into the air again and this time manage to hitch a ride on the jet stream...))

((...sneak past the Cascades...))

((...and arrive in Wyoming in the dead of night.))

%
Yeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaa!! I've been wanting to go on a ski vacation for years.
%

((Looks at tent.))

%
This is NOT my idea of fine accomodations. Where's the lift? What's that smell?

I want a ride to Jackson Hole, dammit. And I want it NOW.

%

((Stamps foot.))
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:09:36 pm by nakymaton »
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Quietly enters the tent. He looks around but sees no sign of Lucise.... He sighs quietly in an effort to release the tight pressure off his chest. JBB and Terry are still sleeping on the bed. Guy rebuttons his collar and reties his tie. He still has meetings to get to today... And contracts that needed signing. He opens his briefcase and looks at the file folders there, where his own printing is neat and legible even in the dim light of the tent: Jack's Body Butter, Terry Cloth, Owl Olivia, Lucise Indapaddock. Guy picks up the last file folder gently and opens it, looking at the files inside. Lucise still had to sign his contracts. Guy wasn't certain if he could meet with him again, not face to face.... He didn't want to hurt Lucise anymore than he already had..... and he certainly didn't want to be hurt anymore himself.))

((He places the folders gently back in his briefcase, grabs his suitcase and quietly heads toward the tent flap, looking back and wondering if he should stay for JBB and Terry. They looked so vulnerable and exhausted.))

((Guy's cellphone starts ringing... Hoping it is Lucise, he quickly turns it on and lifts it to his ear, as he slips out the tent as quietly as possible.))

Hello, Lucise? I - Oh... Yes sir..... Yes sir..... I'm right on top of that, sir.... I'll have them signed by tomorrow evening.

((With a heavy sigh, Guy lowers the cellphone from his ear and puts it in his pocket. The contracts have to be signed as soon as possible. JBB and Terry were asleep, and he didn't know where Owl Olivia was, but he could at least find Lucise's trailer, see if he was still awake, and get him to sign those contracts.))

((The dark clouds now rushing in on set was a sure sign to Guy that snow was coming. It was kind of sudden, but a lot of sudden things had been happening to him since he came on set as Marketing Advisor))

((In the icy wind, Guy realized he forgot to bring a winter coat with him to the set. All he had was his wool suit. He reached Lucise's trailer and knocked on the door.))

Lucise...?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 04:25:01 pm by Daniel »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
(( Lucise was looking out of his trailer window .. trying to sort out some of his liquored-up, hazy thoughts ..

.. when he heard a sharp knock on the door .. ))

Lucise...?

%% Who could it be?  Can't a man get a moment's peace to wallow in alcohol and self-pity?  >:(
%%

((He walks over to the door, opens it abruptly .. ))

** Sh!t!  Guy .. **

((Lucise looks down at his half-naked body, feeling very self-conscious as Guy's eyes roam lazily, taking in his bare chest and boxers.  Lucise takes a step back, his face now beet-red .. ))

** Guy!  Ummm, I wasn't expecting you at the door just now!
Please, come in .. I better go put some clothes on ..

%% Now God only knows what he thinks of me!  Crap! %%

(( Lucise hurries off to the bedroom ... ))

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.

** Guy!  Ummm, I wasn't expecting you at the door just now!
Please, come in .. I better go put some clothes on ..

(( Lucise hurries off to the bedroom ... ))

GUY RAPHAELSON:

((Guy's face burns bright red when he sees who opens the door. Fortunately, its cold enough, that his face is already a little red. He steps neatly into the trailer and closes the door behind him.))

Sorry to bother you again, Lucise. I was hoping you'd be awake, we need to get these documents signed. And then I'll get out of your hair. I should really get off set and see if I can find a hotel room or something, although the tent was nice. It's just gotten very cold really fast, so I don't think that's the best place to stay tonight... I hope JBB and Terry will be all right. I had to leave them there before I realized this cold front was moving in tonight.

%% Oh my god, am I blabbing like an idiot. I never blab like an idiot. Calm down, Guy and say what you have to say, slowly. %%

Anyway, to make a long story short, I just came to get your signature on these papers, and then I'll get out of here..

((Guy places his suitcase on the floor and puts his briefcase on a nearby surface. He opens it and pulls out the folder marked with Lucise's name.))