Author Topic: <-- Introduce Yourself -->  (Read 859325 times)

Dagi

Re: <-- Introduce Yourself -->
« Reply #850 on: July 26, 2007, 12:47:10 pm »
Hi Steve!

How very nice to meet you! WELCOME to the Bettermost family! You will have a good time here, Im sure!

Dagi

mvansand76

Re: Into From tampatalon
« Reply #851 on: July 27, 2007, 06:29:44 am »
Hello All, I have been lurking around for awhile so I thought it was about time I introduced myself. I am Steve and my husband, yes husband, is Kenn. We live in Tampa, Florida and have been together for 30 years. The movie's impact on my life was such that I realized I had been living life as Ennis with Jack by my side all these years. Brokeback Mountain swept me away and life has been changed forever. On our 30th anniversary we were legally married in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The changes now continue with family and firends on a positive note much to my delight. As a tribute to Brokeback Mountain, we played the soundtrack as the backround ceremony music. I hope to be more active here now and we are discussing going on the Brokeback2008 trip.

Best Wishes to All!

tampatalon

"And I know a love that never grows old"

WELCOME to Bettermost, tampatalon!

Hope you have a wonderful time here and please make sure to post anything you would like to see discussed!

That's beautiful how you used the soundtrack as the background music for the ceremony!  :D

Please feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Bettermost!

Mel

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #852 on: July 27, 2007, 07:30:25 am »
Hello All, I have been lurking around for awhile so I thought it was about time I introduced myself. I am Steve and my husband, yes husband, is Kenn. We live in Tampa, Florida and have been together for 30 years. The movie's impact on my life was such that I realized I had been living life as Ennis with Jack by my side all these years. Brokeback Mountain swept me away and life has been changed forever. On our 30th anniversary we were legally married in Niagara Falls, Ontario. The changes now continue with family and firends on a positive note much to my delight. As a tribute to Brokeback Mountain, we played the soundtrack as the backround ceremony music. I hope to be more active here now and we are discussing going on the Brokeback2008 trip.

Best Wishes to All!

tampatalon

Welcome!

I've always thought I don't want to say goodbye would be a nice first dance.. congrats on getting married after all those years! I'm sure it feels no different however!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline shortfiction

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #853 on: July 28, 2007, 05:00:47 pm »
Looking for a way to PM or email Merr7242......Anybody know?
"This is the most uncomfortable coffin I've ever been in!"

mvansand76

« Reply #854 on: July 28, 2007, 05:07:44 pm »
Looking for a way to PM or email Merr7242......Anybody know?

I'm sorry, SF, I think Merrily left Bettermost. I think she is still on imdb though...  :-\

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #855 on: July 29, 2007, 10:11:57 am »
I am Steve and my husband, yes husband, is Kenn. We live in Tampa, Florida and have been together for 30 years.

tampatalon

Welcome Tampatalon!  We are neighbors!  I'm so glad you posted.  I live in Hernando County just north of Tampa about 40 milies.  I am dying to meet other Brokies.  Maybe we could plan to do lunch?  heehee

dev

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #856 on: July 29, 2007, 02:24:22 pm »
tampatalon:

You must have slipped in while I was out of town.  I will be sure now and send you the official Bettermost Welcome.  It is great that you and your husband have used BBM as the catalyst to make the big step.  After all those years.  It is amazing!!  I know you will find lots of lovely and warm people here and soon you will be a full fledged regular.                                                                        janice

Beautiful mind

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #857 on: July 29, 2007, 04:18:18 pm »
Welcome Tampatalon!  We are neighbors!  I'm so glad you posted.  I live in Hernando County just north of Tampa about 40 milies.  I am dying to meet other Brokies.  Maybe we could plan to do lunch?  heehee

dev

Dev, WOW! Glad to know there is another Brokie so close also. We all could do lunch in Pasco County.

Steve
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

Offline EDelMar

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
« Reply #858 on: July 29, 2007, 11:44:52 pm »
...and we are discussing going on the Brokeback2008 trip.

Welcome to the forums!  You will treasure the experience of coming to visit my gathering in Wyoming next June.  I'll add you to the "maybe" list; keep me informed if you book airfare to Denver and make it a definite.

I haven't been around the forums much so if you have q's or ever wanna come and visit Wyoming, send me a message.

-Adam aka Ennis

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #859 on: July 30, 2007, 12:48:45 am »
Sorry for my late welcome, but I've always been late to parties......

.......so..........

Welcome to Bettermost Tampatalon! I hope you enjoy it here. If you ever need anything, just send me a pm, okay? I'll be happy to help!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.