Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145413 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5720 on: October 20, 2006, 08:45:37 am »
SPOILER

and... another update, ha HA!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/137133.html  "Chapter 45:  A Conspiracy"

Excellent chapter. It was hilarious! Wayne is definitely a good hearted bad boy.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5721 on: October 20, 2006, 09:17:06 am »
Chapter 45 Spoiler!

.......The boys are right.   Ellery does NOT need to see Bruce Eagleton & Rudy on that tape!    That'll push him right over the edge and jeapardize his relationship with Ennis.     Switching tapes would have been the wise thing to do.   Erasing part of the tape will only lead to suspicions as to what was there.   And Ellery would go to great lengths to find out.   

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5722 on: October 20, 2006, 09:23:35 am »
Chapter 45 Spoiler!

.......The boys are right.   Ellery does NOT need to see Bruce Eagleton & Rudy on that tape!    That'll push him right over the edge and jeapardize his relationship with Ennis.     Switching tapes would have been the wise thing to do.   Erasing part of the tape will only lead to suspicions as to what was there.   And Ellery would go to great lengths to find out.   

You are so right. He is a detective after all.

However, I think that Dupree should have stuck to his guns. However upset Ellery might have been about the content of the tape, I think that he will be furious if he finds out part of it was wiped to hide the content from him.

Ooo... interested to see where this one leads. Louise, you do love to keep us guessing.

Karen
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 10:36:27 am by Kazza »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5723 on: October 20, 2006, 09:29:52 am »
okay.... I admit it.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5724 on: October 20, 2006, 10:27:16 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/137368.html "Chapter 46:  Endearments"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5725 on: October 20, 2006, 10:27:46 am »
Mornin all. Mornin June. ;) Well no updates for me for a while, I,m going away for a week tomorow. How am I going to survive? :'( :'( :'( :'(  Oh well, at least I,ll have plenty to read when I get back. Be good guys and have fun..see you in a week. :) :) :)

Hiya Souxi darlin  ;) I just got on and don't have much time right now but I wanted to wish you a great holiday!

Will miss you!  :'(  :'(

;D  :-*

Offline MadLori

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Remember - Jack Nasty loves you.
« Reply #5726 on: October 20, 2006, 10:35:15 am »

GAH!  Can't anyone in this whole freaking town EXIST for more than an hour without having to call Ellery on the phone or come banging on his door???
Jack:  I could kick your ass any day of the week.
Ennis:  Then the weeks where you live must have a No Fuckin' Way Day.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5727 on: October 20, 2006, 10:48:21 am »
GAH!  Can't anyone in this whole freaking town EXIST for more than an hour without having to call Ellery on the phone or come banging on his door???

It's gotten better, actually. There was a time if he got far enough through dinner without a phone call, Ellery would leap up and call someone...LOL

L

PS, Lori...go post the pretzel/rolo/pecan snackies recipe over on the Holiday Recipes thread that Marge_Innavera started (on Anything Goes). Yum!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5728 on: October 20, 2006, 10:50:43 am »

Oh my word! Got quite some mental images going on here! Thank you Louise!  ;D

Methinks that Ellery should have given Dupree time to finish what he was trying to say.

Karen

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5729 on: October 20, 2006, 11:09:41 am »
Spoilers::::::::::

;

;

;

;

;
 I don't think they should erase the tape, I don't think Jeremy should have let some sleasy bar flies dictate against what he knows is right.  Lying to Ellery will NOT help anything and will destroy trust.
Lauren isn't helping either.

Ellery already knows that Beagle was with Rudy, he may not like it, but  he has already faced that demon and now that Beagle is no longer calling him or close---he has already talked it through with Ennis and cried about it-I can't see this having any real affect on his relationship with Ennis--he can handle the tape without erasures---he is going to go ballistic when he finds out that it has been tampered with, a whole lot worse than seeing Beagle in my opinion.

Jeremy is playing with fire, and he should have bagged and tagged as is---I am hoping he changes his mind and that is what he does in the end.

AND if that copy Wayne made ever surfaces, he can kiss his bar priviledges goodbye, he really is a slease ball. YYEEWWW!!! And I never liked Gene.    I wanted to like Chas, but now am not so sure.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 11:12:13 am by ranchgal »