Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170088 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2270 on: July 27, 2006, 07:10:20 pm »
Oh Louise this chapter was hot hot hot!

I guess the reason we haven't had a post in 5 hours is that everyone is going THUD!

I, however, am still conscious. Barely.

L
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 10:05:53 am by MaineWriter »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2271 on: July 27, 2006, 07:39:18 pm »
I had to go learn to start smoking just to light up after reading that!  :o

Offline notBastet

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • no way out but through
« Reply #2272 on: July 27, 2006, 11:56:20 pm »
If I may be so bold, I would like to take an informal poll on who thinks Ennis would ever wear (use?) any of the most recent toys on himself?

On another note, Brad is sure driving me crazy!  I don't know what my problem is... is it like I'm Ennis and I'm jealous and protective of Ellery?  Or is it that I'm annoyed/worried that Ellery doesn't wish Brad would stop flirting?  Or, am I just overreacting?

Hey, I just realized...

SPOILER

I assumed that it was Rudy that left town... that's right isn't it?  It couldn't a been Leon cause he has to show up in court.

And another question - is Ennis gonna tell his girls what happened?  I'd sure be pissed to find out months down the road that my dad had been kidnapped unbeknownst to me.

Work has been reasonably close to insane, I miss you guys.

Okay, one last story and then I'll quit babbling.  That picture David posted of Ennis in bed, I stared at a good long while, thinking to myself that's not the right color of Jack's hair, and it's kinda too long, what the heck.  Then, I was like, DUH!  That's Alma.  Hah hah.  I sorta totally forgot she existed.  lol

“It can be a little distressing to have to overintellectualize yourself” - Heath Ledger

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2273 on: July 28, 2006, 03:37:02 am »
If I may be so bold, I would like to take an informal poll on who thinks Ennis would ever wear (use?) any of the most recent toys on himself?

On another note, Brad is sure driving me crazy!  I don't know what my problem is... is it like I'm Ennis and I'm jealous and protective of Ellery?  Or is it that I'm annoyed/worried that Ellery doesn't wish Brad would stop flirting?  Or, am I just overreacting?

Hey, I just realized...

SPOILER

I assumed that it was Rudy that left town... that's right isn't it?  It couldn't a been Leon cause he has to show up in court.

And another question - is Ennis gonna tell his girls what happened?  I'd sure be pissed to find out months down the road that my dad had been kidnapped unbeknownst to me.

but it's FRIDAY Kelly!  I will be online tonight to chat with you all. I was fairly dead last night too after writing all that fancy stuff, whew!

And no he intends to conceal all this from his daughters.  And yes, that was Rudy heading out of town quickly to Casper.

And look at the LJ comments:  you are sure not alone in being annoyed by Brad!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline laurel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Heath, we'll never forget you.
« Reply #2274 on: July 28, 2006, 04:18:01 am »
Thank you to everyone for being so welcoming.  I've never done anything like joining a forum before, but I'm slowly finding my way around, and I'm having fun so far!

Jane, thanks for posting that HOT excerpt from A Second Chance.  Now that I'm caught up on book four, I've gone back to reread, too, but I'm still early in book one.  Ennis hasn't even met Ellery yet.   :(

Milli, the pictures you find of Hugh Jackman keep getting better and better.  The most recent one is delicious.  Those eyes, that mouth....(excuse me while I wipe the drool off my keyboard).

Regarding Kelly's informal poll:  I can't really see Ennis using the butt plug, at least not yet.  I also don't think he would like to be tied up and/or blindfolded.  He likes to be in charge too much for him to be comfortable with that.  Although, with the level of trust that is developing between him and Ellery, that may change soon.  I think he would be willing to give everything else (dildo, vibrator, and cock ring) a try.  Actually, I seem to recall that Ellery already used the vibrator on him.  As for the ping pong paddle, I just can't envision Ennis letting Ellery paddle him.  (Although I'd pay to see it!)  Did I forget any?!!  (not counting the butter and burnt biscuits!)  There are a lot of toys to remember!   :)

What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger.   -Annie Proulx (Icon by alighttofollow)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2275 on: July 28, 2006, 04:47:04 am »
hee hee that is why we have a gallery, to keep track of the toys!

Frankly I don't see Ellery wanting to spank Ennis.  Somehow that defies Ennis's psychology to my mind, but then again, there was a day when I felt that way about Bottom!Ennis, too.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2276 on: July 28, 2006, 05:23:27 am »
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

There's something odd about the killer and the killings. If they're killing out of bigotry then Rudy would've been death as well, unless he knew the killer, and the killer knew him. I don't think that it was because he was leaving town. Why would the killer believe him or care? Also the other victims could've been shot for other reasons, other than being queer. The only victim whom Ellery is sure about being gay is Wayne. Wilkes wasn't according to Sevigny, but there isn't more evidence about that. And Jim wife's said he was gay but he could've been killed for other reasons: the pictures. Those killing may not be related or the ones behind it want to confuse the police.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 05:30:13 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2277 on: July 28, 2006, 05:59:54 am »
SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

PS. There's something Ellery and the police aren't looking at, I think. The killer is telling them "I'm  here", but they aren't paying attention. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #2278 on: July 28, 2006, 06:01:49 am »
I am not sure what you mean by that, Natali.  How is he saying "I'm here."

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2279 on: July 28, 2006, 06:02:48 am »
I am not sure what you mean by that, Natali.  How is he saying "I'm here."

Come to the chat, Louise. Anyway it's a stupid idea but it occurs to me that the killer is telling Ellery, I'm here but you don't see me because you're not looking at where you should. But it's just a an idea that just popped in my head. Maybe I had one beer too many last night.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2006, 06:17:59 am by opinionista »