Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170649 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #2400 on: July 31, 2006, 12:14:08 pm »
this however does not ... really clear up Dupree's ambiguity problems.  A girlfriend half a country away?

OUCH OUCH OUCH!      < I keep biting my tongue>   :-X :P

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2401 on: July 31, 2006, 12:18:44 pm »
Hey gang,

Do any of you have a Word-compiled document of "A Second Chance" by any ...chance?  I have "Taking Chances", "Looking for Answers", and the first section of "Shelter From the Storm" but not the third book.  If so could you ship it to me at [email protected] ?

I have an offline reader who is greedily devouring the Saga in large, watermelon size chunks.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline nic

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • No man is an island
« Reply #2402 on: July 31, 2006, 12:27:01 pm »
That might be me?  O0  But I'm not that greedy & am probably the only person on earth who doesn't like watermelon!

'Twould be most convenient if anyone has, as I have just yesterday finished LfA  :)
Old Brokeback got us good and it sure ain't over

Offline pastorfred

• retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #2403 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:51 pm »
SPOILER...

It was suggested that I try to find some of those compromising photos of Amos Marigold for the gallery...I did a quick search and folks...I don't want to go there. I think I'll pass on this assignment, if it is okay with you. LOL

Leslie
"Always willing to look at a hot guy but Amos in undies...I don't think so...."

further spoilers ahead:

Thank you so much, Leslie, for your restraint.  :)

If someone really does find pictures to represent Amos in undies, some of us would appreciate a new warning category: Nausea Alert.
                                        :laugh:
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline pastorfred

• retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #2404 on: July 31, 2006, 12:39:01 pm »

*** Spoiler Alert ***

In chapter 39 I believe we have a major personal growth moment for Ennis:

“Just fine, Ellery. An I am just thrilled yer givin me the bartender job!” Lauren threw his arms around Ellery, who staggered back from his enthusiasm. Unlike Ennis’s usual scowl when someone showed Ellery affection, he grinned broadly.

Ennis knows, respects, and trusts Lauren. Having Simon present and obviously comfortable, and developing deeper trust for the strong relationship he has with Ellery,
Ennis is able to accept friendship with another gay couple. This looks to me like a big step toward our Ennis's feeling more comfortable in his own skin.
Peace be with y'all,
Fred

Offline scudder

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2405 on: July 31, 2006, 01:48:12 pm »
this however does not ... really clear up Dupree's ambiguity problems.  A girlfriend half a country away?

You are some psychologist, Louise.  I think you are on to something and I won't say what, cause I am a very poor prognosticator and have a poor imagination.  But I can sure enjoy yours.
What's wrong with a few pics of Amos cross dressing?  Women do it all the time and the Romans sure wore dresses.  What a macho, silly culture we live in!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #2406 on: July 31, 2006, 02:02:16 pm »
That might be me?  O0  But I'm not that greedy & am probably the only person on earth who doesn't like watermelon!

'Twould be most convenient if anyone has, as I have just yesterday finished LfA  :)

send your email address (a real email address, not this board address) to me and I will shoot you the copy opinionista sent me just a little while ago!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2407 on: July 31, 2006, 02:27:13 pm »
Marginally related to E&E.

Leslie, when are you leaving for London and meet Louise?  I know you mentioned the date, but it’s buried somewhere in E&E thread. 

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2408 on: July 31, 2006, 02:40:23 pm »
Good day folks!

I am abit late checking in today .. but I am here!  ;)

And I join everyone else in welcoming all the lurkers who have de-lurked!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2409 on: July 31, 2006, 02:48:45 pm »
You are some psychologist, Louise.  I think you are on to something and I won't say what, cause I am a very poor prognosticator and have a poor imagination.  But I can sure enjoy yours.
What's wrong with a few pics of Amos cross dressing?  Women do it all the time and the Romans sure wore dresses.  What a macho, silly culture we live in!

If I could find something that was remotely enjoyable to look at then fine....but snapshots of home-grown Rocky Horror Picture Show parties (which is all I kept coming up with...) believe me scudder, you don't want to see these people. LOL

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!