Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170874 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5240 on: October 10, 2006, 07:14:46 am »
Exactly. Ennis is a private man, and Ellery keeps repeating it. Perhaps they could have a nice private ceremony at the patio, with the humming birds as the only witnesses. Ennis will probably like that.

Holy Christ woman, I,ve got tears in my eyes already thinking of that now lol. ::) I think thats lovely...*sniff* :)

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #5241 on: October 10, 2006, 07:47:14 am »
I have a feeling that Ellery has no problem with public displays of affection etc but restrains himself for Ennis' peace of mind. Although how even Ennis can restrain himself even in public having Ellery within grabbing distance is beyond me. I mean just look at him!

Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5242 on: October 10, 2006, 08:20:11 am »
I have a feeling that Ellery has no problem with public displays of affection etc but restrains himself for Ennis' peace of mind. Although how even Ennis can restrain himself even in public having Ellery within grabbing distance is beyond me. I mean just look at him!

Well, Ellery has no problems kissing Ennis hello or goodbye in front of Wes or Alma, Jr.  However, he doesn't like public displays of affection either. He told it to Simon.  When Ellery receives Ennis's token, he'll probably cry a river, and Ennis is going to blush. So, it'll probably be an uncomfortable situation for both of them if they make the engagement ceremony somthing public or semi public. Perhaps, later on in their lives when Ennis is finally used to his life with a man, they might be able to do something in front of their friends. An anniversary celebration or somthing like that. But now is too soon, IMO.

Jo, thanx for the pic! He's so dreamy *sighs*
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 08:25:02 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5243 on: October 10, 2006, 08:29:42 am »
This is slightly OT but in case anyone hasn't discovered it...over on the "Anything Goes" board is a thread called Affection: Exclusively Devoted to Male Images. Some pretty nice pics over there. There is one of two guys sleeping that I was swooning over a bit this morning. So, I recommend you give it a gander, if you are interested. Roland posts a new pic every day.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5244 on: October 10, 2006, 09:26:42 am »
Exactly. Ennis is a private man, and Ellery keeps repeating it. Perhaps they could have a nice private ceremony at the patio, with the humming birds as the only witnesses. Ennis will probably like that.
I'd actually prefer it to be just the two of them......  :)

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5245 on: October 10, 2006, 09:28:08 am »

MM I completly see your point there. If he was in grabbing distance of me I think I,d be arrested!! :o :o :o I,m with you. I have no idea how Ennis restrains himself. I know June wouldnt either. Would you? ;) ;) ;D

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5246 on: October 10, 2006, 09:30:43 am »
Well he doesnt have to get weepy and romantic, althought that would be nice lol. They save that for when they have the mushy romantic cute talks after sex lol. We like that btw Louise lol. Oh well, we shall see what our author decides. Whatever happens, I,m sure we,ll have tears in our eyes lol. I know I will, and I just know June will, wont you?  ;)  ;) ;D
OH definitely Souxi   :'(

:-*

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5247 on: October 10, 2006, 09:36:58 am »
I'd actually prefer it to be just the two of them......  :)

Yeah thinking about it, your right hun. I mean, if they feel all emotional afterwards, they,ll probably feel like getting fancy, and they couldnt do that with Wes and Enda around. *SIGH* :P :P :)

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5248 on: October 10, 2006, 11:33:58 am »
Yeah thinking about it, your right hun. I mean, if they feel all emotional afterwards, they,ll probably feel like getting fancy, and they couldnt do that with Wes and Enda around. *SIGH* :P :P :)

Yes, Wes and Edna, this would be “the maximally public” ceremony Ennis could stand   ;), already he got comfy with her, asking for opinion and advices about Ellery and their relationship.
I wish they would do it front of them or at least let them know during super and have a toast maybe :D

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5249 on: October 10, 2006, 12:03:47 pm »

That is such a lovely idea, I like that a lot.  Ennis has a thing about those birds, doesn't he? 

The patio is a perfect place for the ceremony - maybe after their lovely committment ceremony and exchanges of love tokens, they can take a trip to France.  :)