Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145093 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5270 on: October 10, 2006, 06:17:02 pm »
And now, more Dupree stuff to worry about! What is going on with him?  :laugh:

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5271 on: October 10, 2006, 06:20:18 pm »
Who knows Leslie, and why is he always so vague? Lets hope he reveals all when he gets to Ellery's house. 

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5272 on: October 10, 2006, 06:34:23 pm »
Who knows Leslie, and why is he always so vague? Lets hope he reveals all when he gets to Ellery's house. 

I bet Louise will keep us hanging on for much much longer!   ;D

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5273 on: October 10, 2006, 07:08:23 pm »
Spoilers

Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/131314.html  "Chapter 22:  Cozying Up"

Okay. I take it back, they aren't pain! LOL . Actually, it was sweet after all. Very nice of them to make the fig bars for Ellery. I think I can imagine what Dupree wants to talk to Ellery about, but I aint telling!  ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5274 on: October 10, 2006, 07:15:54 pm »
Spoilers

Okay. I take it back, they aren't pain! LOL . Actually, it was sweet after all. Very nice of them to make the fig bars for Ellery. I think I can imagine what Dupree wants to talk to Ellery about, but I aint telling!  ;D

Awwww Natali!  Come on, do tell!  ;D

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5275 on: October 11, 2006, 04:10:35 am »
SPOILER

That was a great chapter. I loved the whole thing of the boys trying to pull themselves together. Ellery minus belt, losing his jeans - yum!

If it's purely a quick social visit from the girls, then that's nice, however, I hope they don't have any other agenda. And now Dupree being added to the mix. Dying to hear what he needs to discuss so urgently with Ellery on a Saturday morning.

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5276 on: October 11, 2006, 05:57:56 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/131529.html  "Chapter 23:  The Mysterious Jeeves"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5277 on: October 11, 2006, 06:11:39 am »
Chapter 23 SPOILER

I agree that it was right for Dupree to say no to Jeeves.    Other than getting into Duprees pants, we don't know if he has other motives.      Ellery should have a full background check done on the guy.   Maybe he is just a wealthy, lonely guy?    Even so,  making a generous offer like that is hard to accept when you just met someone.    It would be different if the knew eachother for a long long time.   And especially if Dupree knew where the money came from, ie: inheritance etc.     Jeeves isn't in Laramie for its great reputation for fine arts and dining.   He is there hiding no doubt.

D~

Offline opinionista

« Reply #5278 on: October 11, 2006, 06:34:06 am »
SPOILER

Chapter 23 SPOILER

I agree that it was right for Dupree to say no to Jeeves.    Other than getting into Duprees pants, we don't know if he has other motives.      Ellery should have a full background check done on the guy.   Maybe he is just a wealthy, lonely guy?    Even so,  making a generous offer like that is hard to accept when you just met someone.    It would be different if the knew eachother for a long long time.   And especially if Dupree knew where the money came from, ie: inheritance etc.     Jeeves isn't in Laramie for its great reputation for fine arts and dining.   He is there hiding no doubt.

D~

Yes, I agree with the idea that he could be hiding, but not necessarily because he did something illegal. He could be running away from a painful situation, or a loss. Maybe he had a lover who died tragically too, like Ennis and couldn't bear to be in a place that reminded him of whoever died.  As for offering Dupree money, it could simply be that Dupree reminds him of that person and Jeeves simply wants to help him out.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline christie wood

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5279 on: October 11, 2006, 06:51:39 am »
SPOILER

Yes, I agree with the idea that he could be hiding, but not necessarily because he did something illegal. He could be running away from a painful situation, or a loss. Maybe he had a lover who died tragically too, like Ennis and couldn't bear to be in a place that reminded him of whoever died.  As for offering Dupree money, it could simply be that Dupree reminds him of that person and Jeeves simply wants to help him out.

Thats a very romantic notion and it would actually be quite nice if that was the case, but I'm tempting to go with David, I think Jeeves is hiding out. From what or whom I have no idea, but offering to pay off someone's student loans who you have only just met is a bit suspicious.  He may fancy Dupree AND want to get rid of dirty money.