Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145313 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5300 on: October 11, 2006, 09:51:32 am »
oh yes, I am sure he knows.  Particularly since "Van Helsing" pulled in $260 million dollars.  It wasn't all Kate Beckinsale's low-cut gowns.

He also knows how hot he looks in his Wolverine costume, because his wife asked him to wear it to bed.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5301 on: October 11, 2006, 09:55:50 am »
Although I love, love, LOVE the "Van Helsing" hair, I sometimes think it is a little too long for Ellery. Remember, he does work as a police detective and he seems to be skirting the rules as it is with hair that is over the collar. I picture him more like this (or the picture in my avatar, which continues to be my favorite of all time...)

This is from the website Jo posted...thanks for that link! Here's another great one, because I love B&W photos....

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5302 on: October 11, 2006, 10:06:53 am »
the sexy smirk kills me every time.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5303 on: October 11, 2006, 10:16:21 am »
Here are a few I love of Hugh Jackman. No long hair but oh so gorgeous  ;D  And Leslie, I think your avatar is one of my all time favourites too *SIGH*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #5304 on: October 11, 2006, 10:19:20 am »

He also knows how hot he looks in his Wolverine costume, because his wife asked him to wear it to bed.

OMG LOL!  she did??  :D

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5305 on: October 11, 2006, 10:55:16 am »
OMG LOL!  she did??  :D

I want to know exactly how Louise knows that then?  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5306 on: October 11, 2006, 11:03:54 am »
Exactly right June. I,ts not so much that they turn up that annoys me, it,s that they turn up unanounced. They didnt even have the manners to phone first and ask if it was ok. They just assume that they,ll be welcome. God forbid Ennis and Ellery should have had something planned for the weekend. And like you said June, Ennis worries so much about hurting their feelings he always feels he has to give in to them They dont seem to consider his feelings atall. I find them both extreemly immature tbh. Hard to beleive they are supposed to be adults.

They don't call because their Dad is their Dad--no appointment necessary!
1980s rural America is casual---I have friends yet, (and I to them) that just walk right in the house and "HELLO"!! Don't even knock----IF I ever called my parents before I dropped in, they would wonder what was wrong!   LOTS of people, esp. family just drop by other family, with no notice, and in WY--it isn't any different now than then, except maybe a few more people actually lock their doors.
After I was married and lived 16 miles from my folks, I would walk right in like I still lived there, been married 29 years, and I still am walking in-both my folks and my in laws- and all my 5 brothers/sisters are the same---and when my Mom or Dad comes to any of our houses, they don't knock, they walk in and yell--Hey, Where are you?    IF there was ever any phone calls asking "are you home?"--we would panic thinking it was a major emergency if they had to check first.
I think you all aren't taking into any account the times or the people/places!

(yes I know it is the irritation of them not being able to continue the "fanciness" that is the sticker, but stuff happens! LOL)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:13:22 am by ranchgal »

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5307 on: October 11, 2006, 11:13:50 am »
They don't call because their Dad is their Dad--no appointment necessary!
1980s rural America is casual---I have friends yet, (and they to me) that just walk right in the house and "HELLO"!! Don't even knock----IF I ever called my parents before I dropped in, they would wonder what was wrong!   LOTS of people, esp. family just drop by other family, with no notice, and in WY--it isn't any different now than then, except maybe a few more people actually lock their doors.
After I was married and lived 16 miles from my folks, I would walk right in like I still lived there, been married 29 years, and I still am walking in-both my folks and my in laws- and all my 5 brothers/sisters are the same---and when my Mom or Dad comes to any of our houses, they don't knock, they walk in and yell--Hey, Where are you?    IF there was ever any phone calls asking "are you home?"--we would panic thinking it was a major emergency if they had to check first.
I think you all aren't taking into any account the times or the people/places!

(yes I know it is the irritation of them not being able to continue the "fanciness" that is the sticker, but stuff happens! LOL)

Fair enough ranchgirl. I personally couldnt do something like that myself.The fact that he,s their father makes it even worse in my eyes. They should show some respect.  I think it,s manners to phone first, but hey, I,m British, so I,m weird lol. And dont you dare agree June lol. ;) ;) ;) ;D
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:15:31 am by souxi »

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #5308 on: October 11, 2006, 11:15:46 am »

Offline gn411

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5309 on: October 11, 2006, 11:18:57 am »
Agree Ranchgal:  This is family.  They are two young people who thru some things together on a wimm and hit the road!  Wanted to see their Dad and his partner.  If they did call, what would E & E have said anyway, no don't come were planning on boinking our brains out this weekend.  The guys should take the girls action for what it is, a sign that they are excepting them as a couple, and want to be around them. Call family?  Never heard of such a thing!