Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3170340 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #5440 on: October 13, 2006, 06:22:33 am »
Update to "The Red Stallion"

http://louisev.livejournal.com/132909.html  "Chapter 29: A Few Hands of Poker"

Hey, Louise, good morning and THANKS!!!
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5441 on: October 13, 2006, 06:23:17 am »
I'm in typo hell right now, so just refresh if you see a stupid misspelled word.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5442 on: October 13, 2006, 06:34:10 am »
I'm in typo hell right now, so just refresh if you see a stupid misspelled word.

Not a problem, my dear. What a GREAT chapter to start off the day! LOL...
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline katecaton

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5443 on: October 13, 2006, 06:34:39 am »
Didn't spot any mistakes Louise, so don't worry. :-* Oooh I don't think Ennis is gonna be too happy about all this fancy gamblin'. He doesn't like Ellery throwing his money around! Will those girls go away soon and leave E and E to themselves? And I can't wait to find out what this token is gonna be ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #5444 on: October 13, 2006, 06:37:28 am »
Didn't spot any mistakes Louise, so don't worry. :-* Oooh I don't think Ennis is gonna be too happy about all this fancy gamblin'. He doesn't like Ellery throwing his money around! Will those girls go away soon and leave E and E to themselves? And I can't wait to find out what this token is gonna be ;D

SLIGHTLY SPOILERISH.....

'Cept it looked like Ellery threw his money around and it all came back....

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5445 on: October 13, 2006, 06:42:57 am »
A tortured soul is right...and he left the movie rather suddenly and shockingly. I wasn't prepared for that! I am not sure I will ever watch it again, but I am glad I watched it once.

L

PS...I am sure everyone has heard this a million times, but I'll mention it again for the one person on this planet who might not know this bit of trivia: this is the role that Larry McMurtry saw Heath in and said, "That's Ennis."

I agree Leslie and Christie, it was a FANTASTIC movie. Tortured soul indeed. All of the acting was brilliant. And yeah, LM was soo right about that being Ennis.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5446 on: October 13, 2006, 06:51:30 am »
Chapter 29 Spoiler!

Very clever!     Getting that check from Jeeves I mean!   Now a clue to his identity!    And something that can be traced!    :)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5447 on: October 13, 2006, 06:53:39 am »
SPOILER

A lovely pre lunch chapter - thanks Louise. I know nothing at all about poker, but that was fun. I loved straight faced, no messin' Ellery. You just know that game had nothing to do with the money. Good thinking about the cheque David - that hasn't crossed my mind. I'd make a lousy detective  ;D

Dupree's nose seems a bit our of joint. Jealously?

I'm madly curious about the token that Ennis has for Ellery. I mean, he wouldn't have heaps to spend would he?

Didn't notice any typos either Louise - too busy being embroiled in the story.

Karen

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #5448 on: October 13, 2006, 06:58:48 am »
SPOILER

A lovely pre lunch chapter - thanks Louise. I know nothing at all about poker, but that was fun. I loved straight faced, no messin' Ellery. You just know that game had nothing to do with the money. Good thinking about the cheque David - that hasn't crossed my mind. I'd make a lousy detective  ;D

Dupree's nose seems a bit our of joint. Jealously?

I'm madly curious about the token that Ennis has for Ellery. I mean, he wouldn't have heaps to spend would he?

Didn't notice any typos either Louise - too busy being embroiled in the story.

Karen

Yes me too Kazza, cant wait to find out what it is. I know I shouldnt say this about a fellow Brit, but I dont like Jeeves, he,s a smarmy git. Thing is, because he,s British,(this might sound silly) but I can hear his voice when he speaks? If that makes sense, thats how I know he,s smarmy lol. I wonder if he will give Ellery a cheque though. He obviously has something to hide, so giving him a cheque might not be a good idea for him. We shall see. And I didnt notice any typos either Louise. I also know nothing about poker Kazza, but it was a good chapter. I,m glad Jeeves got his nose shoved out of joint lol.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #5449 on: October 13, 2006, 07:48:18 am »
another update - isn't this strike good for business?

http://louisev.livejournal.com/133130.html  "Chapter 30:  The Camera Doesn't Blink"
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”